SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Recruiting

UND Fan

Interestingly, it appears Sather and Bubba may be teaming up to recruit Eli King, a 6'3" FB WR & BB G from Caledonia, MN.  Dual sports athletes are very rare these days.

Our landing him would be quite unlikely as he currently has FB offers from Notre Dame, Minnesota, Iowa and IA St plus a BB offer from UNI.  We have not made an offer.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Interestingly, it appears Sather and Bubba may be teaming up to recruit Eli King, a 6'3" FB WR & BB G from Caledonia, MN.  Dual sports athletes are very rare these days.

Our landing him would be quite unlikely as he currently has FB offers from Notre Dame, Minnesota, Iowa and IA St plus a BB offer from UNI.  We have not made an offer.

Yeah I just saw that Notre Dame bb and FB were working on setting up a dual virtual visit or something. Would have been nice to get his brothers both here to maybe convince him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Yeah I just saw that Notre Dame bb and FB were working on setting up a dual virtual visit or something. Would have been nice to get his brothers both here to maybe convince him. 

I think my source may have been incorrect - surprisingly, as you indicate, Notre Dame may be interested in having him play both sports.  

Yeah, there are three really talented brothers.  The oldest just transferred from SDSU to Winona and the next one committed to SDSU but decided to go to the JC route instead. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, UND Fan said:

He is a 2022 kid that is gonna have his pick of schools in either sport. I really can't see him playing both sports and I'm not sure which one he will pick but right now I'd lean towards basketball slightly. He'd look good staying home and being a Gopher.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I can't find my original post about our offering twin brothers, Joe and Gus Hurlburt, from Enderlin.  Sather offered both of them about a year ago right now.  Joe has just received an offer from Colorado.  When I first posted the stats on Joe, he was 6'9", 195.  He is now listed at 6'10" and 220.  

Gus was 6'6" and 170, he is now 6'8" and 190.

It would be great to land these guys but it may be difficult to do so. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UND Fan said:

I can't find my original post about our offering twin brothers, Joe and Gus Hurlburt, from Enderlin.  Sather offered both of them about a year ago right now.  Joe has just received an offer from Colorado.  When I first posted the stats on Joe, he was 6'9", 195.  He is now listed at 6'10" and 220.  

Joel was 6'6" and 170, he is now 6'8" and 190.

Do you have a list of all their offers? I'm guessing they have a few.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Joel was 6'6" and 170, he is now 6'8" and 190.

if we get a chipotle now maybe we can land em!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Yesterday was the first day to contact '22 prospects, we were busy with contacts with young MN talent.  Just contacts - no offers.  Jones is the brother of Robert.  We offered Robert a couple of years ago but he chose Denver.

PF Carter Bjerke, 6'9", Wayzata (Wayzata), MN

PF Evan Dushek, 6'8", 250, Owatonna (Owatonna), MN

C Malcolm Jones, 6'9", Prior Lake, MN

F Joshua Ola-Joseph, 6'6", Osseo (Osseo), MN

F Sam Rensch, 6'6", 190, Hutchinson (Hutchinson), MN

F Brady Helgren, 6'7", 200, Edina (Edina), MN    I assume this is a brother of UND FB player, Bennett.

Iowa:

G Cole Glasgow, 6'2", 190, Dallas Center (Dallas Center-Grimes), IA

One more:

PG Ayden McDonald, 6'3", Hibbing (Hibbing), MN   As a sophomore, McDonald averaged 21 ppg and over 10 assists/game.  Unbelievable stats!  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We have offered Jackson Loge, a 6'8", 210, PF from Morris, MN.  Many DI programs are looking at him but he only has DII offers at this time.  Jackson is the son of former Gopher 7 footer, Kevin Loge.  He has already reached the 1,000 point milestone - averaged 24 points and 15 rebounds as a sophomore.  Big kid but can shoot the 3.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 9:29 AM, UND Fan said:

Yesterday was the first day to contact '22 prospects, we were busy with contacts with young MN talent.  Just contacts - no offers.  Jones is the brother of Robert.  We offered Robert a couple of years ago but he chose Denver.

PF Carter Bjerke, 6'9", Wayzata (Wayzata), MN

PF Evan Dushek, 6'8", 250, Owatonna (Owatonna), MN

C Malcolm Jones, 6'9", Prior Lake, MN

F Joshua Ola-Joseph, 6'6", Osseo (Osseo), MN

F Sam Rensch, 6'6", 190, Hutchinson (Hutchinson), MN

F Brady Helgren, 6'7", 200, Edina (Edina), MN    I assume this is a brother of UND FB player, Bennett.

Iowa:

G Cole Glasgow, 6'2", 190, Dallas Center (Dallas Center-Grimes), IA

One more:

PG Ayden McDonald, 6'3", Hibbing (Hibbing), MN   As a sophomore, McDonald averaged 21 ppg and over 10 assists/game.  Unbelievable stats!  

Is the McDonald kid related to the BB McDonald family from Chisum?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dmksioux said:

In looking at Paul Bruns twitter page, it appears UND has offered this kid from Iowa:

You are correct - it appears he picked up an offer from us last week.  Te Slaa is 1 6'4" SF who averaged 17 as a sophomore for Boydon-Hull HS (24-3 last year) in IA.  Very good offensive player - shot 553% from the field, 46% from the 3 and 82% from the line.  He is rated the No. 4 '22 recruit our of Iowa.

He has offers from USD & SDSU.  Once again, our location works against us.  Hull is 70 miles from Vermillion, 115 from Brookings and 375 from GF!!  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

He made the All tournament team in Iowa State tournament.  Score 20 points and 9 rebounds as a soph.

Impressive.  From what I could find SDSU is the only other DI school showing interest.  He is young though so that can/will change.

EDIT:  nevermind.  I now see he has interest from Colorado State, South Dakota, NDSU, UNI, Utah St. And Belmont.  Official offers from SDSU, USD and us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UND Fan said:

You are correct - it appears he picked up an offer from us last week.  Te Slaa is 1 6'4" SF who averaged 17 as a sophomore for Boydon-Hull HS (24-3 last year) in IA.  Very good offensive player - shot 553% from the field, 46% from the 3 and 82% from the line.  He is rated the No. 4 '22 recruit our of Iowa.

He has offers from USD & SDSU.  Once again, our location works against us.  Hull is 70 miles from Vermillion, 115 from Brookings and 375 from GF!!  

Damn that’s an impressive number. Get this kid on board! ;) but seriously looks like he would be a hell of a get. Have to imagine Bruns here would help. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Damn that’s an impressive number. Get this kid on board! ;) but seriously looks like he would be a hell of a get. Have to imagine Bruns here would help. 

Just trying to make sure everyone is reading my posts closely!!!!!   53%

I agree - having Bruns should be a positive for us!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Bob McDonald died this morning of Covid.  He was 87.

RIP. Quite a career. I never liked not subbing early and often when way ahead,  but  he did it his way. Kids bought into it, parents didn’t interfere, it worked. Thanks for the update. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...