SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Recruiting

UND Fan

51 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Please remind me on Thursday! Hope there’s a way to watch. I missed last night unfortunately. 

Usually they post their stuff on Youtube later on (Youtube Mankato East Activities), don't know if they will have a feed since the finals are at MSU.  Was hoping for the triology against the cross town rivals, but have to settle for New Ulm for the title tilt. 

He also had 9 rebounds and 4 blocks last right to go with his 29 points. 

8 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

Looks like he has 17 other offers from mid major schools.  Wonder what our chances are ?  Norman have any influence? 

Seemed pretty pumped he got an offer.  Not sure what he brings to the table (haven't watched any of the highlights), it is always tough with these JUCOs on what you are going to get.  Stevens must know something about that program to keep making offers (Norman and Wagstaff were offered last year and both attended Snow College).

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Seemed pretty pumped he got an offer.  Not sure what he brings to the table (haven't watched any of the highlights), it is always tough with these JUCOs on what you are going to get.  Stevens must know something about that program to keep making offers (Norman and Wagstaff were offered last year and both attended Snow College).

I watched the highlights looked like a alright player nothing that outstanding but the fact he has got this many offers makes me think there is more there .   How can you tell he seemed pumped? His Twitter response was the same as all his other offers 

9 hours ago, NewUndFan said:

I watched the highlights looked like a alright player nothing that outstanding but the fact he has got this many offers makes me think there is more there .   How can you tell he seemed pumped? His Twitter response was the same as all his other offers 

I think he looks solid and would step right in. It’s quite the long list of offers. Having Norman here can only help our chances. 

Right now I believe we only have offers out to guards. Fulks, Huntsberry and now Allen. We need a big or 2 in my mind. I hope Matthews can slide into the starting 5 spot but then I would prefer T to come off the bench. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, NewUndFan said:

Maybe I misinperpreted the emojis. Haha

58 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I think he looks solid and would step right in. It’s quite the long list of offers. Having Norman here can only help our chances. 

Right now I believe we only have offers out to guards. Fulks, Huntsberry and now Allen. We need a big or 2 in my mind. I hope Matthews can slide into the starting 5 spot but then I would prefer T to come off the bench. 

Mathews is my pick to be most improved next year.  

Depending on the return of Sueker will depend on if UND needs 1 or 2 more bigs in my mind. 

• Upvote 1

Mankato East got the #4 seed for the Class 3A state tournament.

They get Mound-Westonka in Round 1, winner more than likely gets Totino-Grace on Friday, which could be a matchup between two future Summit Lee players in Lee (T-G, going to UST) and Omot (East, going to UND)

On 1/5/2022 at 11:19 AM, Teeder11 said:

Gotta keep Brunsy fat and happy.  With Transfer Portal the way it is, I don't want us to be serving as a farm club for USD or SDSU. 

On 1/5/2022 at 11:32 AM, SWSiouxMN said:

I don't think we ever have to worry about that.  

On 1/5/2022 at 2:32 PM, sioux24/7 said:

I get that fear just because Bruns is from SD but I don’t think there is really any reason to fear that. 

Can’t wait to see Bruns and Eaglestaff ball out together for years to come. As @NewUndFan said, let’s get ourselves a true PG (maybe Grant can develop into that) and then we have something going. 

Bump.

I know hindsight is always 20/20 but what were the feelings based on that Bruns wouldn't give the SD schools a look when I alluded to the possibility back in January? It just felt to me like the stars were aligning in that direction at the time. Like every night in a Hawks uni was turning into an audition for his home state programs.

1 hour ago, Teeder11 said:

Bump.

I know hindsight is always 20/20 but what were the feelings based on that Bruns wouldn't give the SD schools a look when I alluded to the possibility back in January? It just felt to me like the stars were aligning in that direction at the time. Like every night in a Hawks uni was turning into an audition for his home state programs.

Because I felt at the time that since the SoDak Schools didn't give him the time of day, that that would give him a massive chip of his shoulder to prove himself and beat them every time. Why would I want to go somewhere that didn't want me and ONLY wanted me because I tore it up my freshman year. 

Just me, I would have told them to kick rocks. 

I also didn't expect some nonsense.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ZDosch said:

It's unprecedented for a starter to transfer in conference. USD told Bruns he wasn't good enough and then after a year in Sather's program, magically he was good enough. There was plenty going on behind the scenes to facilitate his transfer to USD whether all these players transferred or not. It's beyond unfortunate that everybody involved in the situation conducted themselves the way they did. It's really too bad that USD gets to benefit from the situation after they misevaluated and mishandled the Bruns situation from the start. There's no self awareness in the world in which we live, but it's these players right to make whatever decision they want - it's their lives and they have to live with the consequences, good or bad. There's really nothing to be done other than fight fire with fire and be all over transfers to bring together for a year. There are no more 2 year plans let alone 4 year plans. 

This is just the start of the crazy stuff we see in the conference coming up shortly...

Not sure that I completely understand your last sentence.  Could you expand on that thought for me?

21 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Because I felt at the time that since the SoDak Schools didn't give him the time of day, that that would give him a massive chip of his shoulder to prove himself and beat them every time. Why would I want to go somewhere that didn't want me and ONLY wanted me because I tore it up my freshman year. 

Just me, I would have told them to kick rocks. 

I also didn't expect some nonsense.

The other factor could be wanting to play with his brother.  Based on that I can see him changing his mind.  The other stuff people have talked about - I am not a fan.

1 hour ago, GoodGood said:

South Dakota got Bruns. They’ll be getting commitments from Matthew Mors and David Jenkins Jr here soon. Wouldn’t shock me if Bruns little brother reclassifies to the class of 2022 and joins them next year

You might be onto something, Archambault just went into the portal. 

6 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Bump.

Actually I saw a tweet from a familiy member that said he loved UND. Then the tampering started. 

• Like 2