SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Recruiting

UND Fan

12 hours ago, petey23 said:

#2 ranked Bismarck High beat #1 Century tonight. 

106-103

Eaglestaff with 52. Guessing he had double figure rebounds and possibly assists as well.

Ended up with 

52 points

11 rebounds

9 assists

2 blocks

2 steals

Currently averaging 

34.8 ppg

8.8 rebounds

6.7 assists

3 steals

3.5 blocks

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

Ended up with 

52 points

11 rebounds

9 assists

2 blocks

2 steals

Currently averaging 

34.8 ppg

8.8 rebounds

6.7 assists

3 steals

3.5 blocks

I'm really excited to see what he and Bruns can do in the future here.  I hope everyone stays.  Bring in a true point guard and a big we will contend!   

3 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Gotta keep Brunsy fat and happy.  With Transfer Portal the way it is, I don't want us to be serving as a farm club for USD or SDSU. 

I get that fear just because Bruns is from SD but I don’t think there is really any reason to fear that. 

Can’t wait to see Bruns and Eaglestaff ball out together for years to come. As @NewUndFan said, let’s get ourselves a true PG (maybe Grant can develop into that) and then we have something going. 

• Like 2

On 1/7/2022 at 7:40 PM, NewUndFan said:

If any one is interested Treson's Bismarck team plays #5 Minot on the psp network.  Packed house. On right now 

Watched the game in person.  Eaglestaff could  never get in a rhythm and Minot ended up winning handily.  The biggest adjustment he'll have to make in college is on the defensive end, but he has a great skill set that should translate well for you guys.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bballfan said:

Did they recruit the Moni kid from Fargo at all last year?  He is the type of local kid I would like to see them take a chance on with his size and skill. 

I don’t believe a scholarship offer was given to him. I have to imagine he will be a hot commodity in the Dakotas if he opts to enter the portal this offseason. 

53 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

UND have any shot at BJ Omot out of Mankato East? Not sure if an offer has even been extended from UND but he has some other D1 offers, including Providence, UST and WIU. 

The kid is an rail but is an absolute baller.  He might be looking to play higher up than a LM.  He would be an absolute steal if he fell to a low major.  His brother plays at SMSU and is pretty good. 

On 1/16/2022 at 2:55 PM, sioux24/7 said:

I don’t believe a scholarship offer was given to him. I have to imagine he will be a hot commodity in the Dakotas if he opts to enter the portal this offseason. 

Watching Moni play tonight for Northern. That kid is a huge recruiting miss in my opinion. 

On 1/18/2022 at 7:08 PM, sioux24/7 said:

UND have any shot at BJ Omot out of Mankato East? Not sure if an offer has even been extended from UND but he has some other D1 offers, including Providence, UST and WIU. 

Thought it sounded like he might have some work academically that could make him JC bound.

I think Sather needs to find an assistant coach that can recruit Minnesota, easier said than done sure. There’s so much talent right next door it’s unreal. We also have a former player leading the charge at one of the better teams in the state consistently so let’s take advantage!

A big part of any success Jones had was due to Q and Geno. I believe both were brought in with the help of Coach G, who’s now at UST so that doesn’t help!

• Upvote 1