SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

3 hours ago, farce poobah said:

In a weird year like this, maybe the Champions will win by passing COVID tests four times, and their opponents fail four times. 

The self-selected tournament field becomes the self-selected tournament champ. 

Man, I picked DU to beat Omaha but that would be a hell of an effort to win now being down so many guys...and we don't know their names yet.  If Savoie, Durf, Guttman are all out that's a pretty tall order.  On the other hand, if Omaha can't beat these guys, being so shorthanded, they have no business in the big tourney.

27 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Man, I picked DU to beat Omaha but that would be a hell of an effort to win now being down so many guys...and we don't know their names yet.  If Savoie, Durf, Guttman are all out that's a pretty tall order.  On the other hand, if Omaha can't beat these guys, being so shorthanded, they have no business in the big tourney.

Well, we did beat Omaha without Kawaguchi, Pinto, Mismash and Bast on the road in a critical game for Omaha.   With NCAA tourney at stake, I would imagine it will be a battle regardless, but who knows about Denver's mental and physical fortitude with all that has gone on this year, and the season not going as expected for them. 

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

Who knows, maybe Bobby Brink will explode and double his season goals...to two.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, brianvf said:

That's nothing.  My adult league team regularly plays with 12 skaters/1 goalie and does just fine.
Suck it up, DU!

I also pick Omaha.
And by some miracle DU makes it past UNO, I pick DU's 2nd opponent.  ;) 

Agreed....16 isn't terrible at all unless the players missing are their stars. 10 and 6. Doesn't really affect the D and F are fine as top 9 plays heavy minutes anyways.