SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

2 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Didn't Dilks run inch.com back when it partnered with ESPN?

I can't remember if it was him or not that was so upset that UND won the championship in 2016 that tweeted that UND fans were like Yankee fans except for with severe brain injuries or something like that?  

36 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Imagine being Chris Dilks.....running a college hockey website.  And then not knowing the rule that it doesn't matter if the puck is deflected out or not, any shot directed on net stays in the zone.....:silly:

For a minute there I thought I was making that up in my mind, or that maybe the rule change was they kept it inside if it hit the crossbar, but thanks for confirming what I was originally thinking when I saw that video. 

50 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The Beaver goalie got a tripping minor for being in his own blue paint and getting kicked in the groin by a Maverick. 

The NCHC and WCHA must share officials. 

If the goalie would have got kicked in the head I'm told its "a hockey play".

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SJHovey said:

I watched both of those games last night, and a couple of things occurred to me.

First, in the DU-CC game, in the first period, I believe, Chrona got hammered in his own goal again, but this time it was by his own teammate.  What was really strange was that Chrona gave no signs that he'd been shot, had been run over by a train, or any of the typical symptoms.

Then, in the BSU-Mankato game, the BSU goalie got leveled in what I would describe as a standard Gavin Hain move.  Guy was going to the net with the puck, a defenseman was sort of riding him, and their was a collision with the goaltender.

For those of you who didn't watch the game, you may be surprised to learn that a 5 minute major was not called on the offending Mankato player. 

However, the goalie did get two minutes for tripping.

That by far is one of the worst calls I've seen in college hockey this season. You penalize the guy that was run over. The official that made that call should be off the rest of the season. 

12 minutes ago, Goon said:

That by far is one of the worst calls I've seen in college hockey this season. You penalize the guy that was run over. The official that made that call should be off the rest of the season. 

Should have been a no call all around.  Defender hipped the attacking player into the goalie.  Goalie was sticking out the pad to make a save. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Imagine being Chris Dilks.....running a college hockey website.  And then not knowing the rule that it doesn't matter if the puck is deflected out or not, any shot directed on net stays in the zone.....:silly:

So if the Bemidji goalie made the save and the puck went out of play as a result of the play, what is Serratore upset about? Makes sense to me that the Faceoff be in the O zone. 

11 minutes ago, Goon said:

That was a bizarre one. I can see why a trailing ref would have called that on the bsu defender considering the way he flung his stick in front. In real time it looked like a trip. I guess he called the goalie for his leg going out?

As for serratore being upset, there was some speculation it was about a pick on the game winning goal. I haven't been able to find a  gift of it and have been to lazy to log on to flosports to look.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I can't remember if it was him or not that was so upset that UND won the championship in 2016 that tweeted that UND fans were like Yankee fans except for with severe brain injuries or something like that?  

Dilks never had anything to do with inch. You're probably thinking about Mike eidelbies. 

Dilks did acknowledge his mistake about 30 minutes after that text, by the way. Somone mentioned the rule changes about 4 years ago.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Didn't Dilks run inch.com back when it partnered with ESPN?

No, not that I can remember. INCH was run by Jess Myers, Mike Eidelbes, Joe Gladziszewski and Kevin Zeise. 

Dilks used to run Western College Hockey. 

45 minutes ago, bale31 said:

Dilks never had anything to do with inch. You're probably thinking about Mike eidelbies. 

Dilks did acknowledge his mistake about 30 minutes after that text, by the way. Somone mentioned the rule changes about 4 years ago.

43 minutes ago, Goon said:

No, not that I can remember. INCH was run by Jess Myers, Mike Eidelbes, Joe Gladziszewski and Kevin Zeise. 

Dilks used to run Western College Hockey. 

Thanks, got Dilks and Eidelbes mixed up.

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

You mean WCHA Lite?;)

We still have a winning record against the Big Ten and Hockey East since the break up. :)

I thought the NCHC too, but I was incorrect on that. The first yeart aftern the breakup was AWFUL.

Just not in the NCAAs. 

15 minutes ago, bale31 said:

We still have a winning record against the Big Ten and Hockey East since the break up. :)

I thought the NCHC too, but I was incorrect on that. The first yeart aftern the breakup was AWFUL.

Just not in the NCAAs. 

Winning record against Hockey East is impressive.  Against the PIG Ten, not so much....just kidding.  Can’t wait until we can schedule you guys again; love the road trip to Kato.

8 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Winning record against Hockey East is impressive.  Against the PIG Ten, not so much....just kidding.  Can’t wait until we can schedule you guys again; love the road trip to Kato.

I don't intend to make this into a big thing, but I genuinely think that MSU is going to end up in the NCHC someday. My understanding is that the administration agreed to the CCHA with the understanding that MSU was going to continue pursuing it. 

If it doesn't happen, the CCHA scheduling is such that it is allowing 8 non-conference games. I suspect that MSU will try to heavily schedule UND, SCSU, UMD and MN (and MAYBE UNO). THey have tried to schedule one east coast series each year (either home or away), but with the breadth of hockey locally I would think they will stay close to home.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, bale31 said:

I don't intend to make this into a big thing, but I genuinely think that MSU is going to end up in the NCHC someday. My understanding is that the administration agreed to the CCHA with the understanding that MSU was going to continue pursuing it. 

If it doesn't happen, the CCHA scheduling is such that it is allowing 8 non-conference games. I suspect that MSU will try to heavily schedule UND, SCSU, UMD and MN (and MAYBE UNO). THey have tried to schedule one east coast series each year (either home or away), but with the breadth of hockey locally I would think they will stay close to home.

I'd be all for that, one more road trip on the schedule.

35 minutes ago, bale31 said:

Maybe when Miami decides that it makes more sense to be in the CCHA, especially from a geographical and rivalry standpoint, you guys can just switch conferences.