SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

2 minutes ago, cberkas said:

CC needs to do one less pass on the pp and it might be better then 6.8%

CC’s power play has been so bad this season that even though they might be making one too many passes, I do like how they appear to have gone “back to basics” by working the puck around and up to the points for shots. Now, if we could only take away Chrona’s eyes, some of those point shots might go in.

I watched both of those games last night, and a couple of things occurred to me.

First, in the DU-CC game, in the first period, I believe, Chrona got hammered in his own goal again, but this time it was by his own teammate.  What was really strange was that Chrona gave no signs that he'd been shot, had been run over by a train, or any of the typical symptoms.

Then, in the BSU-Mankato game, the BSU goalie got leveled in what I would describe as a standard Gavin Hain move.  Guy was going to the net with the puck, a defenseman was sort of riding him, and their was a collision with the goaltender.

For those of you who didn't watch the game, you may be surprised to learn that a 5 minute major was not called on the offending Mankato player. 

However, the goalie did get two minutes for tripping.

11 hours ago, cberkas said:

I expect the one Bemidji player to get a game DQ for touching the linesman.

Imagine being Chris Dilks.....running a college hockey website.  And then not knowing the rule that it doesn't matter if the puck is deflected out or not, any shot directed on net stays in the zone.....:silly:

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Imagine being Chris Dilks.....running a college hockey website.  And then not knowing the rule that it doesn't matter if the puck is deflected out or not, any shot directed on net stays in the zone.....:silly:

.....or the head coach of a division 1 team.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

So what exactly are the requirements for running your own college hockey website?;)