SiouxSports.com Forum

New Seating Arrangment at Alerus Center

choyt3

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2020/3/25/north-dakota-athletics-announces-new-seating-opportunities-for-football.aspx

This is overdue, but I certainly applaud Bill Chaves and the UND athletic department for making this much-needed change. As Bubba said, this will allow UND’s most loyal fans to have the best seats in the house. Per new location, the students also can better usher in the Fighting Hawks as they make their team entrance. 

• Upvote 1

As much as I’ll miss having the student section moved away from my tickets in 215, I am happy they made the move.  Shows good investment in the program.  Not only will it help season ticket sales, it will help general purpose sales for available seats when they aren’t in the corner.  

10 minutes ago, Kab said:

Next year it will be interesting to see what they do with ticket sales for the bison game

Should let champions club and UND alumni have first chance at tickets before general ticket sales

Shouldn't be much an impact, since most tickets after season tickets are alumni? 

Thank you for the email and questions.  It is always tricky when we are dealing with multiple constituencies (our alums, fans, families and students).  Given the support our student body provides to us annually, candidly - we have not discussed moving them from their seating.  

this was Chaves response when I emailed him about moving the students

i guess they figured out the right way forward 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Kab said:

Thank you for the email and questions.  It is always tricky when we are dealing with multiple constituencies (our alums, fans, families and students).  Given the support our student body provides to us annually, candidly - we have not discussed moving them from their seating.  

this was Chaves response when I emailed him about moving the students

i guess they figured out the right way forward 

Even though it was initially a no, you may have gotten the conversation going internally.

Like most here I am very happy this was done. During home playoff games they would be moved there anyway so why not open it up to paying fans. This will also look much better on TV. I will be keeping my seats in 215 as they are on the 40 right next to the old student section anyway.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Sioux95 said:

Not a fan of this move.  If the same type of fans that sit on the Hawks sideline end up behind the visiting team, the Al is going to be a pretty friendly place for the road team.

Can't imagine the 50+ students behind the visitors bench had any affect on the winning season.  Friendly or not, you have to get it done on the field, not the stands.  If you get 500 students in the stands, then you might convince me.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Sioux95 said:

Not a fan of this move.  If the same type of fans that sit on the Hawks sideline end up behind the visiting team, the Al is going to be a pretty friendly place for the road team.

I'm in section 215 which is behind the the visiting bench and adjacent to the students near the 40 yard line. We do much better than the student section. To dramatically help overall attendance, team still needs to win. I see sliding the student seats over two sections as an excellent long-overdue move (from 214-213-212 to 212-211-210).

Again Montana, Montana St, South Dakota, South Dakota St, Minnesota, and ND St. all have seating somewhere from 30 yard line to end zone. That's all the Div I FB U's within our 3 adjacent state area, except us. We were the only team to have students at mid field, this was still Div II seating mindset. Also, the NCAA requires students to sit outside of 30 yard line for playoffs. I've posted all above mentioned schools' seating carts on here in the Attendance 2019 Thread last year and emailed AD. 

Success in the program helps attendance, given.
This floor plan with the adjusted seating will also help attendance and even revenue.
Measurable growth in attendance will take some games.
Hoping tickets become a premium in the Hawks' Nest within a few years?

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Do all season tickets require at least the minimal Champions Club donation?

The top of 2013, 215, 207, 203 along with all of 216-218, 201-202 and 208-209 do not require donations at this point in time.

The subject of making sure UND fans (season ticket holders/Champions Club members) have access to extra tickets for specific games going forward has been brought to the attention fo the Athletic Department. They have done similar things for Gopher hockey, so it should be compatiable with existing systems they use.

• Upvote 1