SiouxSports.com Forum

New Seating Arrangment at Alerus Center

choyt3

So I am not sure if there is any uproar from the students about moving the student section.  But one thing that they need to realize is the students of UND from 2001 - 2019 really had a pretty sweet setup.  they had prime seats at the 50 yard line.  How many college football stadiums have that sort of deal with the student section?  Very very few.  Virtually non at the FBS level.  It was only a matter of time until they were moved due to potential revenue possibilities or lack of attendance.  Also people need to remember where the student section was located at Memorial Stadium?  Endzone to the 25 yard line on one side. 

Also not meaning to start any conspiracy theories, but I think it's only a matter of time before the student sections in 108 and 109 are put up as Champions Club season tickets and the students are all moved to the upper bowl.  For both reasons mentioned above.

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So I am not sure if there is any uproar from the students about moving the student section.  But one thing that they need to realize is the students of UND from 2001 - 2019 really had a pretty sweet setup.  they had prime seats at the 50 yard line.  How many college football stadiums have that sort of deal with the student section?  Very very few.  Virtually non at the FBS level.  It was only a matter of time until they were moved due to potential revenue possibilities or lack of attendance.  Also people need to remember where the student section was located at Memorial Stadium?  Endzone to the 25 yard line on one side. 

Also not meaning to start any conspiracy theories, but I think it's only a matter of time before the student sections in 108 and 109 are put up as Champions Club season tickets and the students are all moved to the upper bowl.  For both reasons mentioned above.

The student sections now are 212, 211, and 210. They will stay here for a few years.

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

If they ever move them, it will be to the end. They won't take lower bowl seating away from the students unless they completely quit showing up. That isn't an issue for lower bowl seats right now.

• Upvote 1

It's certainly going to look a lot better on TV as well.....not having tons of empty seats on the 50 yard line like before.  Great move all the way around.  We have a more exciting offense, we are now playing the other Dakota schools and other teams people are more familiar with.  This should definitely help our attendance going forward.  Still have to have the W's though to make it all work. 

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

It's certainly going to look a lot better on TV as well.....not having tons of empty seats on the 50 yard line like before.  Great move all the way around.  We have a more exciting offense, we are now playing the other Dakota schools and other teams people are more familiar with.  This should definitely help our attendance going forward.  Still have to have the W's though to make it all work. 

Let's sell the tickets first... I'm not convinced UND football is still a very big draw. It'll just reorganize the fans that are there... I doubt opening these new sections is going to bring in new fans.

Even The Mighty Cowpie U Football is taking away more student tickets

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/5025630-NDSU-athletic-budget-will-take-a-hit-as-a-result-of-coronavirus-pandemic

"NDSU did reduce the number of tickets allocated to students by about 500, the result of student attendance being down in recent years. Those season tickets will go on sale May 1 as well as others that may become available from things like non-renewals or people changing seats."