SiouxSports.com Forum

#6 UND (15-17) vs #1 NDSU (24-8) 3/10 800 PM

SWSiouxMN

I would guess that Richman will not make the same mistake as he did in Grand Forks and have the Bison pay more attention to Marlon tonight.

So Rebraca, Walter, DAE and Brown all need to step up and hit shots.  The last two mentioned especially.  We need the USD version of Brown tonight and the first half Fort Wayne version of DAE.

If UND can get that... I like their chances. 

Despite what some claimed, Marlon was the best player on the floor last time these two teams met. Last night,  he played very reserved and conservative for 2/3's of the game last night stepping it up to finish off the game. Should give him a little extra energy for tonight.

That forumla works and Marlon doesn't need to drop 30 as long as the other guys show up.

Keys

• Marlon needs to let the game come to him and take what he is given, particularly tonight since I have to imagine he's going to get more attention. 
  • DAE needs to avoid dribbling in traffic.
  • KW can take his shots as long as he doesn't have to rush them.
  • BB needs to be aggressive and take the open 3 when he has it and also finish off his drives instead of kicking it out to the wing, which he almost always does and is too predictable at this point.
  • Filip needs to keep composure, stay out of foul trouble and play solid defense.
  • Bench play has been solid between EI, G and BD.

Need to limit 2nd chances, take care of the ball and play solid defense. Lock down Ward and make Vinnie or someone else beat you. If VS is off, let him keep shooting. If he's on, adjust. And be agressive. Sather's offense runs on getting to the paint. Make NDSU try to defend. USD and FW both got into foul trouble. Do it again, particualrly of Eady is still out and they have one less guy in their rotation.

Let go!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

UND playing with house money.  NDSU expected to be in this position.  Not many people thought UND would.  But you damn well know that Sather thought they could be here and he convinced the team as well.  The pressure is all on NDSU.  they are the 1 seed.  They had not looked dominant in either one of their games.  UND has shown they can beat the Bison.  If we play relaxed and confident, we got a chance.  With a trip to the big dance on the line, our boys should be ready.  It's been a crazy year all over college basketball this year.  Upsets almost every night.  So why not have the 6 seed punch their ticket to the dance out of the Summit!!  Go HAWKS!!!

This is what I have been thinking this morning as well. Now we have a chance to ruin NDSU's season. :devil:

• UNDBIZ changed the title to #6 UND (15-17) vs #1 NDSU (24-8) 3/10 800 PM
55 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

DAE is a solid player but he needs to avoid dribbling at all costs. One thing he needs to work on big time. 

He has like no awareness of who is around him or he has bad vision and cannot see opponents...or something.  He dribbles into people - its really strange

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

He has like no awareness of who is around him or he has bad vision and cannot see opponents...or something.  He dribbles into people - its really strange

I agree. The talent is there but yeah he seems to have no basketball sense out there at times. 

4 minutes ago, streetsahead said:

How many UND fans do you think will be there tonight?  Free tickets for current students and a relatively short trip for everyone else....would be nice to see a good UND crowd.

I honestly think there will be 500-750.  I know a bunch going

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CMSioux said:

I hope it's the loud and robust student, not the smart phone watching students, oh wait the former were in the 1980s.

I think in these situations, you get more of the former than the latter.  That's what made the Fargo regional awesome when I went as a student in 2015, it wasn't the selfie crowd, it was the hardcore ones.