SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Pretty damn convenient that this comes out right before the election and then Whitmer comes out and blames Trumps support of White supremacy. Do we even know if this so called “militia” Are white supremacists? Oh wait I forgot all republicans or people who support Trump are racist...... There are a ton of normal people that are pissed about the governors lock downs but I guess they are all racist and part of far right groups. What a joke this media is for letting those accusations fly.

CNN then brings on John Brennan to talk about this and about the feds investigating him. The seat must be getting hot for Brennan on this Durham investigation. 

What is the pro-life community saying about this?   Take note, Trump is touting his treatment as “the miracle from God!”.  

Trump’s antibody treatment was tested using cells originally derived from an abortion
The Trump administration has looked to curtail research with fetal cells. But when it was life or death for the president, no one objected.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/10/07/1009664/trumps-antibody-treatment-was-tested-using-cells-from-an-abortion/

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/520284-covid-19-treatment-touted-by-trump-was-tested-with-cells-drawn-from-fetal

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

What is the pro-life community saying about this?   Take note, Trump is touting this treatment as “the miracle from God!”, which perhaps saved his life.    

Trump’s antibody treatment was tested using cells originally derived from an abortion
The Trump administration has looked to curtail research with fetal cells. But when it was life or death for the president, no one objected.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/10/07/1009664/trumps-antibody-treatment-was-tested-using-cells-from-an-abortion/

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/520284-covid-19-treatment-touted-by-trump-was-tested-with-cells-drawn-from-fetal

I’d say you need to read the following from USA Today:

Alexandra Bowie of Regeneron told news aggregation platform Heavy in an October email that REGN-COV2 was not made with human embryonic stem cells.

"This particular discovery program (REGN-COV2) did not involve human stem cells or ESCs," Bowie wrote.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/10/08/fact-check-trumps-antibody-therapy-not-made-fetal-stem-cells/5901542002/ 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

This just validates what I posted.    Fetal-derived cells were used during the testing process.  

What do pro-lifers think about this?  

The USA Today headline and "fact check" is misleading. In the story is "the money quote".

Alexandra Bowie of Regeneron told news aggregation platform Heavy in an October email that REGN-COV2 was not made with human embryonic stem cells.

"This particular discovery program (REGN-COV2) did not involve human stem cells or ESCs," Bowie wrote.

" ... did not involve human stem cells ... "

34 minutes ago, Goon said:

You’re such an insufferable !@#$%!. 

Too long of a password, gooneytunes.  No wonder you can't access your ATM.  Antifa has changed it to something simple for you that you will remember. 

Here it is:

WaterCannon123

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The USA Today headline and "fact check" is misleading. In the story is "the money quote".

Not made with  yes.  But developed with. 

To quote Black Sabbath, "Satan laughing spreads his wings".

32 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Pretty damn convenient that this comes out right before the election and then Whitmer comes out and blames Trumps support of White supremacy. Do we even know if this so called “militia” Are white supremacists? Oh wait I forgot all republicans or people who support Trump are racist...... There are a ton of normal people that are pissed about the governors lock downs but I guess they are all racist and part of far right groups. What a joke this media is for letting those accusations fly.

CNN then brings on John Brennan to talk about this and about the feds investigating him. The seat must be getting hot for Brennan on this Durham investigation. 

Um..   Your denial ain't working. 

38 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

46 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Below is a quote from the link you posted.    It validates that Trump's treatment was tested using cells originally derived from an abortion, which is exactly what I originally posted.    

However, an embryonic-derived cell line, albeit not a stem cell, does appear to have been involved at least in the early stages of Regeneron's testing process, according to supplementary material published in June. The HEK293T cells used are an immortalized cell line derived from embryonic kidney cells but are not stem cells themselves. 

So I ask again, what's the pro-life opinion of this?  Because I'm certainly not seeing any condemnation anywhere.         

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Those Michigan "kidnappers"?

Anachists (note flag in background) and anti-Trump.

Don't believe me. 

In their own words ...

Not exactly.  They like far right white nationalist rhetoric and Confederate battle flags.  They definitely are anarchist. But, they align with Trump's rhetoric.  Only, they didn't stand back and stand by. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/what-we-know-about-wolverine-watchmen-accused-of-terror-kidnap-plot-against-michigan-gov-gretchen-whitmer

30 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Below is a quote from the link you posted.    It validates that Trump's treatment was tested using cells originally derived from an abortion, which is exactly what I originally posted.    

However, an embryonic-derived cell line, albeit not a stem cell, does appear to have been involved at least in the early stages of Regeneron's testing process, according to supplementary material published in June. The HEK293T cells used are an immortalized cell line derived from embryonic kidney cells but are not stem cells themselves. 

So I ask again, what's the pro-life opinion of this?  Because I'm certainly not seeing any condemnation anywhere.         

The answer to your question is incredibly complicated and deeply philosophical. If you’re opposed to abortion and some technological advance exists due to abortion, should you not use that advance. It’s a tough question I don’t have the answer to.

Similar to being opposed to Nazis, but our entire space program is built on the back of nazi rocket technology born out of operation Paperclip. If you’re anti Nazi do you have to shun and not benefit from any of those technological advances that exist in our daily life? I’m not sure. These aren’t easy questions.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

This thread closing after the election or when UND hockey starts up again?

We don’t need @Hayduke1 commenting everyday still after Trump wins the election. It’s gets old. 

Until after Trump WINS the election?

LMFAO.

Yeah, don't worry about that, cultist