SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 minute ago, UNDlaw80 said:

C'mon, you're smarter than that.  Quit trying to justify racism.    

Racial/ethnic resentment, negative attitudes toward the outsider and opposition to changing demographics has been the norm in this country since our inception.   Every new immigrant group that rocked the boat was thoroughly **** on by 'traditional America' out of fear of change.  Look at the Irish, Italians, Jews, Chinese, etc. etc.   Today that group are the Latinos and the demographic shift with expanding black population.  

What we’re currently experiencing is par-for-the-course.  That said, it doesn’t make it right.  

Two things can be true at the same time. Outside of your expectedly arrogant patronizing to start your thought, I don’t disagree with what you’ve said above.

That, however, doesn’t in anyway negate the current thought among left leaning folks that being white in and of itself makes a person guilty. Read the book white fragility if you haven’t already and you’ll see that white people, regardless of the way you were brought up are innately having racism attributed to them. Terms like unconscious bias aren’t being applied to other ethnicities. The prevailing thought in the social sciences is that racism is a white persons perversion. Being a white person in our country is the only ethnic position to be in where people openly can have a discriminatory opinion about you and it’s socially accepted. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

House panel releases FBI memo on white supremacist infiltration of law enforcement.

A House panel released a 2006 FBI intelligence memo that highlights concerns by the agency about the threat of white supremacists trying to infiltrate law enforcement.

https://www.fox23.com/news/local/house-panel-releases-fbi-memo-white-supremacist-infiltration-law-enforcement/5XMAISKEY5FYBKXJUVP52L3ORA/

Mine's newer.  Gang members infiltrating the military.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/fbi-gang-assessment-us-military-2011-10%3famp

6 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

you forgot to disparage the handicapped and developmentally delayed by using their slur.  Go back and edit.

Its more disparaging to Dear Leader.  Go back to crying about being a white male in our society.  You have it so rough.  ROTFLMFAO. 

17 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Two things can be true at the same time. Outside of your expectedly arrogant patronizing to start your thought, I don’t disagree with what you’ve said above.

That, however, doesn’t in anyway negate the current thought among left leaning folks that being white in and of itself makes a person guilty. Read the book white fragility if you haven’t already and you’ll see that white people, regardless of the way you were brought up are innately having racism attributed to them. Terms like unconscious bias aren’t being applied to other ethnicities. The prevailing thought in the social sciences is that racism is a white persons perversion. Being a white person in our country is the only ethnic position to be in where people openly can have a discriminatory opinion about you and it’s socially accepted. 

There you go, let it all out.  Poor baby.

LMFAO.

32 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

No way!    Difference is, white supremacists are the greatest terror threat this country faces. 

DHS - White supremacists are the deadliest domestic terror threat facing the U.S., listed above the immediate danger from foreign terrorist groups.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/04/white-supremacists-terror-threat-dhs-409236

39 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

No, being white, in and of itself, doesn't make you racist.  A person's actions make you racist.            

That said, I agree that racist whites are more apt to be called out for racism than racist blacks.  Double standard?...certainly.   But I tend to believe this is because racism, in it's entirety, affect blacks/Hispanic/minorities more than it does whites.     Tyranny of the majority.   But that's just my opinion.  

Regardless, this double standard is no justification for racism or dislike towards other groups.     

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

No, being white, in and of itself, doesn't make you racist.  A person's actions make you racist.            

That said, I agree that racist whites are more apt to be called out for racism that racist blacks.  Double standard?...certainly.   But I tend to believe this is the case because racism, on the entire, tends affect blacks/Hispanic/minorities more than it affects whites.     Tyranny of the majority.   

Regardless, this double standard is no justification for racism or dislike towards other groups.     

You may say that being white doesn’t make me racist and I agree, but that isn’t the prevailing thought in our country right now.

My comment about racial resentment from white people wasn’t flippant, I’m seeing many well intentioned, liberal white friends being disillusioned in their effort to make a real difference on the racial inequality front when they are being told that regardless of what they do or say, they can’t help but be racist. This is the entire premise of the book white fragility. It’s a circular logic that ultimately always ends with white people are always racist.

Its an incredibly unhelpful and dangerous doctrine that has gained a lot of traction.

28 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You may say that being white doesn’t make me racist and I agree, but that isn’t the prevailing thought in our country right now.

My comment about racial resentment from white people wasn’t flippant, I’m seeing many well intentioned, liberal white friends being disillusioned in their effort to make a real difference on the racial inequality front when they are being told that regardless of what they do or say, they can’t help but be racist. This is the entire premise of the book white fragility. It’s a circular logic that ultimately always ends with white people are always racist.

Its an incredibly unhelpful and dangerous doctrine that has gained a lot of traction.

I disagree entirely. 

That said, if you believe this is the case, the vitriol should be aimed at the 'white liberals' causing the problem; not the immigrant/minority group.  Trump is primarily doing the latter.  

Being labeled racist is no justification for responding in a racist manner. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

I disagree entirely. 

That said, if you believe this is the case, the vitriol should be aimed at the 'white liberals' causing the problem; not the immigrant/minority group.  Trump is primarily doing and inflaming the latter.  

Being labeled racist is no justification for responding in a racist manner. 

What do you disagree with? White fragility is on the new york times best seller list and being quoted by and posted on facebook pages and instragram pages across the country all summer. 

I don't have any vitriol and I certainly wouldn't blame minorities if I did. I do blame white liberals and their white guilt for thinking they are helping. They aren't.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

No way!    Difference is, white supremacists are the greatest terror threat this country faces. 

DHS - White supremacists are the deadliest domestic terror threat facing the U.S., listed above the immediate danger from foreign terrorist groups.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/04/white-supremacists-terror-threat-dhs-409236

Now smooth over the probabilities to account for the fact that white people are still the majority ethnic group in this country.  

White supremacists are labeled terrorists while inner city black gang members shooting up the city non-stop ala Chicago = random street crime.  Somehow creating an environment where anyone that crosses over to the next block wearing the wrong color isn't labeled terrorism.  Nice.   

14 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

What do you disagree with? White fragility is on the new york times best seller list and being quoted by and posted on facebook pages and instragram pages across the country all summer. 

I don't have any vitriol and I certainly wouldn't blame minorities if I did. I do blame white liberal and their white guilt for thinking they are helping. They aren't.

I disagree that it's the prevailing thought.   

Nonetheless, if others think this is the case, be my guest.  Just don't use it as justification to blame minorities/outsiders....which is what Trump is doing in many instances.    

Btw, my comment wasn't aimed at you personally.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Right, but black supremacist and black nationalist groups aren’t garnering anywhere near the traction white supremist groups are nowadays.      

This isn't rocket science - America is culturally changing which is giving rise to white racial resentment.   Trump is feeding this frenzy with his dog whistle rhetoric.  If Trump knows anything it’s PR.  He knows exactly what is hardcore base wants to hear, hence his reluctance to thoroughly denounce and disown white nationalism every single time he's asked about it. 

You mean every single time he has been asked about something that he has never supported.

There is a dog whistle being blown but it isn't being blown by the President. 

"Vice-President Biden, will you finally, here on National TV finally denounce Pedophilia?"

3 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

In your medical opinion do the benefits of the drug outweigh its risks when used as a prophylactic for covid19?

In the context of the question....absolutely. The bigger question is what are the actual benefits as it relates to the use in Covid19 patient. It's far from a magic bullet.

4 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

Well, cultists.  Does this also make you proud, boys?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/internal-document-shows-trump-officials-were-told-make-comments-sympathetic-n1241581

Federal law enforcement officials were directed to make public comments sympathetic to Kyle Rittenhouse, the teenager charged with fatally shooting two protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin, according to internal Department of Homeland Security talking points obtained by NBC News.

In preparing Homeland Security officials for questions about Rittenhouse from the media, the document suggests that they note that he "took his rifle to the scene of the rioting to help defend small business owners."

image.jpeg.b18e8456cba4cd4e98a1b63ac99add4c.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

Now smooth over the probabilities to account for the fact that white people are still the majority ethnic group in this country.  

White supremacists are labeled terrorists while inner city black gang members shooting up the city non-stop ala Chicago = random street crime.  Somehow creating an environment where anyone that crosses over to the next block wearing the wrong color isn't labeled terrorism.  Nice.   

C’mon, don’t be difficult, you know the difference.  Thugs in Chicago aren’t aiming to affect national policy, sway national public or policy via violence.  Hence the difference between ‘terror threat to the United States’ and street crime.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

C’mon, don’t be difficult, you know the difference.  Thugs in Chicago aren’t aiming to affect national policy, sway national public or policy via violence.  Hence the difference between ‘terror threat to the United States’ and street crime.  

C'mon man, don't give more credit to rednecks then they deserve.  You really think that the shaved head balding leather wearing wanna be bikers are doing anything more than looking for the fight/party?  The difference is that the white racists/supremacists get covered.....the "street crime" issue gets minimally covered and even that is blamed on white guys aka systemic racism.