SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

3 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Trump rallies aren’t political rallies, they’re identity rallies.  Trumps base, older in age, is scared crapless of the liberal cultural shift this country is inevitably headed towards and, to their credit, have mobilized (the genesis being the tea party).

It’s the elephant in the room, but these rallies resemble a polar bear in a snowstorm.  Meanwhile, whites will be the minority in 25 years.  Innate racism is low on the chart, differences stem from the discrepancies in political ideologies that are prevalent between ethnicities/generations.   

Trump is astute enough to sing these people’s greatest hits.

I suggest you just log off the internet for the day. This is obviously too much for you to handle.

2 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Does anyone really care that much about who is President and what party they belong to?  Sadly, it appears so.  Appearance is the key word though, because to me it appears that no matter who is the head of the executive branch, nothing really changes but appearances.  I mean we all have philosophical bias, but how philosophy becomes policy....well...

I guess if you are on the government dole it might matter, but to the rest of us, it doesn’t really make a difference...my daily life doesn’t change...maybe everyone’s life has become so easy that the only thing to bitch about is the federal government.  Just do yourselves a favor and don’t watch your entertainment news all day.  It only makes things worse.

It would seem that whoever the President is does matter, because if Hillary Clinton would have won in 2016 we'd probably have had this under control after a few hundred cases and we'd all be enjoying our spring now.  Instead Trump threw the pandemic response team and resources that Obama developed in the trash can because he's so racist that he needed to try and undermine everyone of the Obama administrations accomplishments. 

5 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Trump rallies aren’t political rallies, they’re identity rallies.  Trumps base, older in age, is scared crapless of the liberal cultural shift this country is inevitably headed towards and, to their credit, have mobilized (the genesis being the tea party).

It’s the elephant in the room, but these rallies resemble a polar bear in a snowstorm.  Meanwhile, whites will be the minority in 25 years.  Innate racism is low on the chart, differences stem from the discrepancies in political ideologies that are prevalent between ethnicities/generations.   

Well, when you discredit any minority Republican as a sell-out and scoff at the idea of a female Republican by making fun of her clothes during a press conference... 

Carry on with your woke-ness and go scream at the sky at noon today while naked to protest Trump.  I hear all the cool liberals will be doing it.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UNDlaw80 said:

I think it’s always about money.  Asset inflation has made older Americans wealthy and left younger Americans staring at a huge chasm to afford what they considered a nice middle class life.  That’s the genesis.  They were also sold a bill of goods on “do what you love” and go to your “dream school”...then they realize that the life they wanted in NY or Boston or SF or LA meant they have to make $300k per year...Remember $117k is poverty line in San Francisco...

so I agree it’s a generation war.  There is no solution though without destroying a ton of “wealth”

On a virus note.....ND is up to 2 deaths. 80+ female with underlying complicating conditions. Burgum in deliberations about starting a Sign Up Genius for a hour slots for outdoor time. Kind of like the prison yard.

MN still has 73991 to go.....with the worldwide death toll at around 35500.

1 minute ago, dlsiouxfan said:

It would seem that whoever the President is does matter, because if Hillary Clinton would have won in 2016 we'd probably have had this under control after a few hundred cases and we'd all be enjoying our spring now.  Instead Trump threw the pandemic response team and resources that Obama developed in the trash can because he's so racist that he needed to try and undermine everyone of the Obama administrations accomplishments. 

HOLY SH&T.  Mods, either suspend him for being a total moron or shut down this thread.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

Wow...that’s just an irrational partisan rant.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

tumblr_mfe2hmezmQ1rkty0bo1_400.gif

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

HOLY SH&T.  Mods, either suspend him for being a total moron or shut down this thread.  

There are several that fit this description with a variety of opinions and If they were going to do that it would have happened days ago.

Once upon a time this thread was all about the corny.  We had insiders in healthcare from various hotspots.  I’d like to return to those days.  The saddest thing I’m seeing in CA right now is that PPE exists but isn’t getting to the front line staff that need it.  Not sure where the breakdowns are happening.  We have a wide range of situations across greater LA, with some hospitals full of Corny patients and others with few or none.  

Can the Mods start a thread for only medical experiences from the medical professionals, and questions for them?

Leave the political crap for this threat, and have one for ONLY medical information.  Many folks here have actual first hand experience with how the medical facilities are dealing with this issue.  I'd like to hear from them.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

Can the Mods start a thread for only medical experiences from the medical professionals, and questions for them?

Leave the political crap for this threat, and have one for ONLY medical information.  Many folks here have actual first hand experience with how the medical facilities are dealing with this issue.  I'd like to hear from them.

Good idea.  This thread is now a thread for medical experiences, questions, and other pertinent facts.  Blame game posts and other politics will be deleted.  Offending posters will be warned once and then suspended.

• Upvote 3

• UNDBIZ locked this topic

Heard multiple healthcare systems in ND meeting with the Governor and the state health department later today.

Don't know if this falls into category of fact though.

A Seattle based company will probably get FDA approval for it's a corona drug.  The same drug is in late approval stages for HIV and metastatic cancers .  The company is CytoDyn (CYDY) and it's compound seems to supercharge immune systems.  They have safety data on nearly 1000 patients so the FDA wants it approved.  Compared to HIV and cancers which it actually cures, corona is primary school work.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/seekingalpha.com/amp/article/4334730-cytodyn-may-be-one-of-first-biotechs-to-drug-helps-against-covidminus-19

1 minute ago, CMSioux said:

Wouldn't that violate HIPPA laws?

probably but it seems like laws are being trampled on left and right....you would think that if you bought a chevy yesterday from "Sally Smith" at Rydell's and you now see 33 year old Sally Smith tested positive for the Rona maybe don't go to work or gma's?

30 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

probably but it seems like laws are being trampled on left and right....you would think that if you bought a chevy yesterday from "Sally Smith" at Rydell's and you now see 33 year old Sally Smith tested positive for the Rona maybe don't go to work or gma's?

If you end up getting  it, I think you are supposed to disclose to the health department every where you’ve been and alert who you may have exposed.  

(Although a running ticker on the bottom of the local channels of the names of people with it could be more entertaining for everyone else stuck at home with nothing to do)