SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

10 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Rumors ND winter sports could be cancelled. Can't make this !@#$ up. That would be totally azz backwards. Kids are not getting Covid during games being played.

Yes cases are going up, big deal, let's not let fear shut things down moving forward. Goodness! 

Final true decision will be made Thursday evidently. 

Hopefully that's not the case. Next NDHSAA board meeting is scheduled for 12/3. Find it hard to be believe any decision on winter sports will be made this Thursday with the Dakota Bowl happening the next day.....but at this stage nothing would surprise me.

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

.....but at this stage nothing would surprise me.

What are your thoughts on Burgum allowing infected healthcare workers to continue working?

I understand part of the logic due to the extereme shortage we're seeing in healthcare workers which is putting further stress on hospital capacity, but on the other hand, the optics of continuing to allow people knowingly infected into healthcare facilities becuase that's the only way to keep up points to there being just a little bit of a problem.

• Upvote 1

What gets me about this whole pandemic is the absurd number of people unwilling to do even the bare minimum to reduce spread. Gods forbid we have to be inconvenienced for any length of time. Nope. Can't wear a mask because "You can't make me" mentality, can't social distance, can't put off purely optional activities because, "it's no worse than the flu." Despite evidence to the contrary. We have to have our normal lives at all costs.

• Upvote 4

55 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

There is zero to do on campus other than to get tested. Least gets kids out of their dorms. 

I wouldn't  be surprised  if UND sees a drop in enrolled students for spring semester.  The mostly online education is a waste of time and dollars then factor in zero college experience. 

As a college buddy of mine famously said at around 2:30/3:00 a.m. as we sat on the patio at 3000 University. "school is across the street, everything else while we are here is college"

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Feff said:

What gets me about this whole pandemic is the absurd number of people unwilling to do even the bare minimum to reduce spread. Gods forbid we have to be inconvenienced for any length of time. Nope. Can't wear a mask because "You can't make me" mentality, can't social distance, can't put off purely optional activities because, "it's no worse than the flu." Despite evidence to the contrary. We have to have our normal lives at all costs.

whats gets me about this people think you can control a virus....

• Upvote 3

When in doubt about COVID ask yourself what would schloss do.

‘he seems to want to push his BS on health and politics on us.

‘where did he get his MD from again?

‘he should stick to sports writing.

‘I’m smart enough to think for myself

3 minutes ago, Kab said:

When in doubt about COVID ask yourself what would schloss do.

‘he seems to want to push his BS on health and politics on us.

‘where did he get his MD from again?

‘he should stick to sports writing.

‘I’m smart enough to think for myself

He must enjoy barely working and writing a UND hockey article once every full moon.

Someone should ask him how things are working out in MN and Wisco. 

22 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

What are your thoughts on Burgum allowing infected healthcare workers to continue working?

I believe if the worker is Covid positive they work with Covid positive patients. If the worker is asymptomatic and already has it, I don't see the issue as long as they have that restricted (positives only) case load. 

24 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I understand part of the logic due to the extereme shortage we're seeing in healthcare workers which is putting further stress on hospital capacity, but on the other hand, the optics of continuing to allow people knowingly infected into healthcare facilities becuase that's the only way to keep up points to there being just a little bit of a problem.

To be honest not sure of the specifics on this and who these individuals will be able to work with or around. Optics aren't good but I do know most systems have had their own "hotlines" to determine  who can go back to work from day 1. 

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I believe if the worker is Covid positive they work with Covid positive patients. If the worker is asymptomatic and already has it, I don't see the issue as long as they have that restricted (positives only) case load. 

Mostly my thoughts as well, but are they going to have a designated "CoVid" staff so that those infected can stay away from their healthy co-workers? I know that the plan is to only have them work with already infected patients but it sure goes against the message of "if you're positive, stay home" and knowingly bringing the virus into a healthcare setting doesn't exactly scream "protect the vulnerable". 

Locally, close contacts and quarantined teachers is what is going to shut down the schools. Staff is being stretched way too thin despite kids being better off in classrooms. Tough to keep them there when they can't find enough bodies to even supervise. Teachers trying to teach multiple classes with aids/paras/other staff trying to fill in the gaps isn't great. My prediction is schools shutdown after Thanksgiving and don't reopen until after New Years.

3 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

If everyone with student loans gets 50k in relief, there needs to be something for everyone else. Rewarding bad fiscal decisions is absurd.

Does this mean since I paid my student loans off early to save 0n interest the government will help me pay for my house in Florida, or would I need a house in NY, California or or Illinois to qualify for that ?

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Mostly my thoughts as well, but are they going to have a designated "CoVid" staff so that those infected can stay away from their healthy co-workers? I know that the plan is to only have them work with already infected patients but it sure goes against the message of "if you're positive, stay home" and knowingly bringing the virus into a healthcare setting doesn't exactly scream "protect the vulnerable". 

Locally, close contacts and quarantined teachers is what is going to shut down the schools. Staff is being stretched way too thin despite kids being better off in classrooms. Tough to keep them there when they can't find enough bodies to even supervise. Teachers trying to teach multiple classes with aids/paras/other staff trying to fill in the gaps isn't great. My prediction is schools shutdown after Thanksgiving and don't reopen until after New Years.

With ND having the mask to mask non-quarantine crirtia for close contact and most school requiring mask where are all these teachers getting exposed? Spouses? Family? Bars? Clubs? Based on the current ND guidelines  if its not household spread it is due to lack of responsibility on the teachers....or am I missing something.

1 hour ago, Feff said:

Pretty much everyone I see in public is wearing a mask.  Maybe not in restaurants while eating but other than that its about 95/5 when it comes to out and about in a public setting.  Gas stations are where it could be improved.  Other than that I believe most every store requires them, no?

Which leads me to me my next question - why does everybody think masks are the answer?  I asked yesterday and used examples of other states having mandates and still surging...and got nothing.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Which leads me to me my next question - why does everybody think masks are the answer?  I asked yesterday and used examples of other states having mandates and still surging...and got nothing.

‘CAUSE SCIENCE, THAT’S WHY!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

If that is your real question? You are part of the problem. There's a lot more to this than just slapping on a mask.

51 minutes ago, Kab said:

Does this mean since I paid my student loans off early to save 0n interest the government will help me pay for my house in Florida, or would I need a house in NY, California or or Illinois to qualify for that ?

It's going to be a slippery slope where something else needs to be given to those who already paid theirs off. Not to mention reigning in college costs for future generations.

• Upvote 3

Obama invited T to the White House to discuss transfers of power 4 years ago.

Donald Trump, Barack Obama sitting at a table in a suit and tie: US President Barack Obama meets with Republican President-elect Donald Trump to update him on transition planning in the Oval Office at the White House on November 10, 2016 in Washington,DC. / AFP / JIM WATSON    (Photo credit should read JIM WATSON/AFP via Getty Images)

© Jim Watson/AFP/Getty Images US President Barack Obama meets with Republican President-elect Donald Trump to update him on transition planning in the Oval Office at the White House on November 10, 2016 in Washington,DC. / AFP / JIM WATSON (Photo credit should read JIM WATSON/AFP via Getty Images)

Just now, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Obama invited T to the White House to discuss transfers of power 4 years aog.

Donald Trump, Barack Obama sitting at a table in a suit and tie: US President Barack Obama meets with Republican President-elect Donald Trump to update him on transition planning in the Oval Office at the White House on November 10, 2016 in Washington,DC. / AFP / JIM WATSON    (Photo credit should read JIM WATSON/AFP via Getty Images)

© Jim Watson/AFP/Getty Images US President Barack Obama meets with Republican President-elect Donald Trump to update him on transition planning in the Oval Office at the White House on November 10, 2016 in Washington,DC. / AFP / JIM WATSON (Photo credit should read JIM WATSON/AFP via Getty Images)

was the before or after the meeting in the oval office discussing how to frame general flynn and paint Trump as a Russian asset by laundering it thru intelligence and thru the MSM ...just wondering?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1