SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

Mister Trump tweeting like a confident man that his team has found enough to go to court. 

I guess we'll see if drew to an inside(r) straight, or gets the flush. 

Either way, Misses Pelosi got less than the ... full House ... she hoped for. 

• Upvote 3

how are some of these house races still not called after almost a week?  alaska? some california and new york ones are only at 50%?  how is that even possible in 2020?  hell me and a couple buddies could be done with counting if we just did it after work

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, 1972 said:

how are some of these house races still not called after almost a week?  alaska? some california and new york ones are only at 50%?  how is that even possible in 2020?  hell me and a couple buddies could be done with counting if we just did it after work

Elections are a states process and each one has it's own laws to follow. In the case of some, the law says they can't start counting mail ballots until the final deadline to receive them has passed. So if ballots have to be postmarked by election day but can be received up to a week later, the counting can't start until that week has passed. I know Alaska has said they weren't going to start counting until then, but I don't know if it was by choice or by law. I know from a NY resident that the reason they haven't started there is because it's the law.

2 minutes ago, Hammersmith said:

Elections are a states process and each one has it's own laws to follow. In the case of some, the law says they can't start counting mail ballots until the final deadline to receive them has passed. So if ballots have to be postmarked by election day but can be received up to a week later, the counting can't start until that week has passed. I know Alaska has said they weren't going to start counting until then, but I don't know if it was by choice or by law. I know from a NY resident that the reason they haven't started there is because it's the law.

I'm all for state autonomy, I think it's incredibly important. But what are the drawbacks of having a bit of standardization with the voting process? Seems like it has just lead to more problems than anything over the years.

• Upvote 1

Here's what grinds me:

LONDON — With President Donald Trump falsely claiming victory in the 2020 election, warning of legal action despite millions of votes still uncounted, ...

Frankly, BOTH candidates have falsely claimed victory.

Nobody has won (or can claim victory) until the Electoral College meets, and that can't happen until Electors are certified by their States (by the process each State uses). 

We had a vote on November 3. 

The real vote is December 14

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Does anyone else find the naming of both our domestic and foreign operations to be hilarious? We are talking about arguably the most complex, sophisticated system in the history of the world(the US government) and they name things like they are five year olds at a birthday party. Operation Warp Speed, Operation Unicorn, Operation Paperclip, Operation Chattanooga choo choo. 

How did you forget about Space Force??

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Mister Trump tweeting like a confident man that his team has found enough to go to court. 

I highly doubt what he does or doesn't know has any bearing on the messages he's sending out. Reality isn't always in line with the messages. Which is also something the Pelosi is trying to deal with within her party. The fracturing by their lack of gains through down-party voting is going to cause some issues on how they move forward.

I would aslo guess if Trump actually had something, Rudy would have brought it up over the weekend at his news conference at the Four Seasons (Total Landscaping) which was about as much high comedy as one could ask for. The humor in that mess can not be understated.

55 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Here's what grinds me:

Frankly, BOTH candidates have falsely claimed victory.

Nobody has won (or can claim victory) until the Electoral College meets, and that can't happen until Electors are certified by their States (by the process each State uses). 

We had a vote on November 3. 

The real vote is December 14

Pretty thin line there. Trump (and Obama before him, and Bush before him, etc) have had absolutely zero issue claiming victory before Electors cast their official ballots. Biden's proclamation is at least based in something as he has multiple news agencies giving him the nod. The AP has been doing it this since 1848 with minimal problems.

Miscellaneous 

I don’t believe Biden has said he is turning off the oil and gas. Transition yes - I don’t know the timeframe to be honest.

rudy makes some funny faces

if there is as much fraud in our elections that is being accused we have a problem that’s bigger than this election 

either way it would be best for our country if Biden was allowed to get up to speed and not have trump disallow access in case he is the next president.

4 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Miscellaneous 

I don’t believe Biden has said he is turning off the oil and gas. Transition yes - I don’t know the timeframe to be honest.

if there is as much fraud in our elections that is being accused we have a problem that’s bigger than this election 

either way it would be best for our country if Biden was allowed to get up to speed and not have trump disallow access in case he is the next president.

Saying we will be transitioning away from oil is the ultimate politician speak. Forces zero timeline and can never be proven false. It's the epitome of saying nothing and the same trash I've hated about politicians my whole life.

6 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Miscellaneous 

Pressure from AOC, etc will push for a quick transition.  Heavy regulation.

4 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Pressure from AOC, etc will push for a quick transition.  Heavy regulation.

Hopefully following the unexpected down ticket losses the democrats had in the house, which they are blaming on the far left messaging, the leaders in the democratic party tell AOC and the rest of the squad to sit in the corner and keep their mouths shut.

15 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Miscellaneous 

Timeframe probably should have been asked by the media.  It’s a pretty important talking point to just get off as “I misspoke”. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

He sent out a press release that effectively says that absentee voting is unconstitutional.  He’s a con-man.  This is what he does.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I'm all for state autonomy, I think it's incredibly important. But what are the drawbacks of having a bit of standardization with the voting process? Seems like it has just lead to more problems than anything over the years.

Agree.  Automatic voter registration, no-excuse absentee voting, and counting votes as they come in should be standard across the country.  This absurd stolen election narrative would be dead if the votes were tabulated as they came in with Biden slaughtering Trump on the early vote.

5 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

If mask mandates work why are these outbreaks happening in some states and not others that have them.  Why is Minnesota spiking just like their neighbors are st the exact same time, even though they have had a mandate for over 3 months?

Republicans think that freedom means “!@#$ you, I do what I want”.