SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

• “In late July 2016, U.S. intelligence agencies obtained insight into Russian intelligence analysis alleging that U.S. Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton had approved a campaign plan to stir up a scandal against U.S. Presidential candidate Donald Trump by tying him to Putin and the Russians’ hacking of the Democratic National Committee. The IC does not know the accuracy of this allegation or the extent to which the Russian intelligence analysis may reflect exaggeration or fabrication.”
  • “According to his handwritten notes, former Central Intelligence Agency Director Brennan subsequently briefed President Obama and other senior national security officials on the intelligence, including the ‘alleged approval by Hillary Clinton on July 26, 2016 of a proposal from one of her foreign policy advisors to vilify Donald Trump by stirring up a scandal claiming interference by Russian security services.’”
  • “On 07 September 2016, U.S. intelligence officials forwarded an investigative referral to FBI Director James Comey and Deputy Assistant Director of Counterintelligence Peter Strzok regarding ‘U.S. Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s approval of a plan concerning U.S. Presidential candidate Donald Trump and Russian hackers hampering U.S. elections as a means of distracting the public from her use of a private mail server.’”

https://bongino.com/president-trump-working-on-declassifying-spygate-documents-from-hospital/

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

Personally I choose to use my family doctor for all medical advice and would consult with him.  Then I would directly notify the people I had been around leading up to it.  As a matter of practice I don't give out my sensitive personal information (or that of my friends) including health history to college kids making $10 an hour over the phone with no real way of verifying they are who they say they are.

I always operate under the assumption that anyone I come in contact with could have it, and that I could be an asymptomatic carrier.  With how contagious it is, others should be doing the same and acting accordingly.  I avoid large crowds....I avoid settings with old and vulnerable people.....but I am not hunkering down waiting for a 100% vaccine to come out. 

Ditto for me. I am amazed that people seem to subconsciously believe that people they know and hang out with or work with with don't have Covid but the random people they don't know probably do. Was amazed at the crowd of family at the Bison game all sitting together during the game instead of spreading out in the Dome. 

5 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:
  • “In late July 2016, U.S. intelligence agencies obtained insight into Russian intelligence analysis alleging that U.S. Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton had approved a campaign plan to stir up a scandal against U.S. Presidential candidate Donald Trump by tying him to Putin and the Russians’ hacking of the Democratic National Committee. The IC does not know the accuracy of this allegation or the extent to which the Russian intelligence analysis may reflect exaggeration or fabrication.”
  • “According to his handwritten notes, former Central Intelligence Agency Director Brennan subsequently briefed President Obama and other senior national security officials on the intelligence, including the ‘alleged approval by Hillary Clinton on July 26, 2016 of a proposal from one of her foreign policy advisors to vilify Donald Trump by stirring up a scandal claiming interference by Russian security services.’”
  • “On 07 September 2016, U.S. intelligence officials forwarded an investigative referral to FBI Director James Comey and Deputy Assistant Director of Counterintelligence Peter Strzok regarding ‘U.S. Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s approval of a plan concerning U.S. Presidential candidate Donald Trump and Russian hackers hampering U.S. elections as a means of distracting the public from her use of a private mail server.’”

https://bongino.com/president-trump-working-on-declassifying-spygate-documents-from-hospital/

nothing to see here.........

9 minutes ago, petey23 said:

... I am amazed that people seem to subconsciously believe that people they know and hang out with or work with with don't have Covid but the random people they don't know probably do.

If the WHO is correct ...

The head of emergencies at the World Health Organization says its “best estimates” indicate that roughly 1 in 10 people worldwide may have been infected by the coronavirus

... you've encountered someone carrying it. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/10-worlds-people-infected-virus-73427817

Oh cripes. 

https://dnyuz.com/2020/10/05/nearly-1-3-of-covid-patients-in-study-had-altered-mental-state/ 

Dare I ask if the delirium or unresponsiveness in those cases was related to cardio or pulmonary function? Bad O2 levels (bad circulation or lung function) are a major cause of delirium; hence, why they were so intent on checking the President's "pulse ox" (aka his blood oxygen levels) and making sure they were up and where they should be. 

22 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Ditto for me. I am amazed that people seem to subconsciously believe that people they know and hang out with or work with with don't have Covid but the random people they don't know probably do. Was amazed at the crowd of family at the Bison game all sitting together during the game instead of spreading out in the Dome. 

So if they came in a suburban together they can't seat together at the dome?  We see how the Ralph handles it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Seriously, what more are you looking for? The color of his sputum, the consistency of his bowel movements? I'm absolutely amazed that they've shared as much information as they have.

I am surprised that circus clown, I mean NY Congressman Jerry Nadler hasn't subpoenaed this yet. 

2a42d5a7486aab741018897ad0b8e79a-o_a.webi keep getting mail from mock/thorson ...almost everyday....so this so thorson guy looks like he's 30....years ago he "buys" a coffee shop and the looks to live at reeves drive in a half a million dollar house (according to webpage and assuming he's the kyle thorson that owns it)....

where's the money coming from to buy a coffee shop and own a half million house?

just asking?

30 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

So if they came in a suburban together they can't seat together at the dome?  We see how the Ralph handles it.

Wasn't meant as a criticism. Was just going further on my point and I deleted part of what I was going to post originally which I can see now changes the context.

My point was that why would a family from Nebraska for example assume that since their kid plays for NDSU and the family from Wisconsin whose kid plays for NDSU just have that subconscious trust factor?

This summer(June) when the state of ND decided to allow outdoor events and sporting activities we were given the go ahead to host our large softball tournament which usually has between 90-120 teams, I decided to break it into 2 weekends and schedule it so teams games were scheduled in one part of the complex and didn't move to other parts of the complex and we used 8 fields at a time instead of the normal 14. We told the teams and fans to bring their own chairs and to not congregate around the dugouts or on the bleachers and to try and stay in their family groups and that masks were recommended, etc. We encouraged teams to social distance and use the area behind the dugouts. We decided not to charge admission and bought disinfectant spray to use in the dugouts between games. All that said, I knew that adults are going to adult but I was still a little surprised at that point in the pandemic that people just did what they normally do at a tournament. I then waited patiently and hoped to not get a phone call from the state health department as I really didn't feel like doing TV and radio interviews to talk about the tournament we hosted that turned into a Covid event.

I too am waiting to see what The Ralph decides to do with attendance this year and how much use I will get out of my season tickets it any?

I did see this weekend that the pearl clutchers are all in an uproar over the fans at the Georgia game this weekend and saw the SMU threw their student section out of the game right before halftime last weekend for not following their guidelines.

22 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i keep getting mail from mock/thorson ...almost everyday....so this so thorson guy looks like he's 30....years ago he "buys" a coffee shop and the looks to live at reeves drive in a half a million dollar house (according to webpage and assuming he's the kyle thorson that owns it)....

where's the money coming from to buy a coffee shop and own a half million house?

just asking?

Thorson is a fairly popular last name, so who knows, but here's his facebook.  https://www.facebook.com/pg/KyleforND/about/?ref=page_internal

Kyle Thorson was born and raised in Bottineau, ND. He holds a Master’s degree in Public Administration from the University of ND and currently works as a Global Program manager for Amazon to support recruiting technology efforts around the world. 

46 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

2a42d5a7486aab741018897ad0b8e79a-o_a.webi keep getting mail from mock/thorson ...almost everyday....so this so thorson guy looks like he's 30....years ago he "buys" a coffee shop and the looks to live at reeves drive in a half a million dollar house (according to webpage and assuming he's the kyle thorson that owns it)....

just asking?

Soros of course!

Seriously, a rinkydink coffee shop and a half million dollar home? Anyone who makes barely into six figures a year could afford those things. Probably inherited a bit too. How a good amount of entrepreneurs get started.

Edit: UNDBIZ's post confirms his salary being enough to afford that.

18 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Soros of course!

Seriously, a rinkydink coffee shop and a half million dollar home? Anyone who makes barely into six figures a year could afford those things. Probably inherited a bit too. How a good amount of entrepreneurs get started.

Edit: UNDBIZ's post confirms his salary being enough to afford that.

I haven't got my check from Soros this month.   

Have you? 

• Upvote 1

With MN HS VB matches starting this week the MSHSL is getting sued due to their restriction of zero fans in attendance for VB matches when the MDH recommends indoor events of 25% capacity with a maximum of 250. 

Hopefully this post isn't too "creepy" for some here......

31 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

With MN HS VB matches starting this week the MSHSL is getting sued due to their restriction of zero fans in attendance for VB matches when the MDH recommends indoor events of 25% capacity with a maximum of 250. 

Hopefully this post isn't too "creepy" for some here......

I don't think this lawsuit will go very far.  

38 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I don't think this lawsuit will go very far.  

Agree......just once again though shows the hypocrisy and the "one up" mentality of most organizations that are run by the the ignorant and arrogant as it relates to Covid.

• Upvote 1

Oh, cultists. 

My, my, my.  Dear Leader's train is off the tracks and that upcoming cliff is its destiny.   

Of course, under your tin foil hats you will claim, "fake news" or some other totally inept response. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/05/politics/cnn-poll-coronavirus-trump/index.html

With Trump hospitalized at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, 69% of Americans said they trusted little of what they heard from the White House about the President's health, with only 12% saying they trusted almost all of it.
Disapproval of the President's handling of the coronavirus outbreak stands at a new high in the survey, with 60% saying they disapprove. Additionally, 63% say his own infection is unlikely to change anything about the way that he handles the pandemic.

8 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

If losing 200k+ elderly citizens damages a society, losing 50M+ citizens can't be a good thing. 

Look at the actuarials on just SoSec.
We'll be from 40:1 at the start to under 3:1 soon (payees : retirees).
We're missing a generation, or more, by our own hand, to support the society we'd built. 

If losing 200k+ damages a society, losing 50M+ can't be good. 

We need access to abortion easier and free. There should be one in every city.