SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

46 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

So following Burgum’s guidelines instead of the cdc’s? Better than Noem’s I guess!

Please don't bring up the CDC anymore. Again you cherry pick their "policies" to fit your narrative.

You do realize the NFL doesn't follow the CDC guidelines with their return  to play guidelines? 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

I can't image the secret service being happy about this, at all. 

At the end of the day, it's all about Trump.  Always has been, always will be for him.    Nobody else matters.  

Stick to chasing ambulances.The secret service is always with the president. More TDS. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Please don't bring up the CDC anymore. Again you cherry pick their "policies" to fit your narrative.

You do realize the NFL doesn't follow the CDC guidelines with their return  to play guidelines? 

Is the nfl allowing players that have confirmed direct contact with positive cases to do as they will? How about after they test positive? This stinks of our president being a flat out d bag.

Considering the number of people that have died from covid and didn’t even get a chance to see their loved ones a final time because of isolation, trump’s trip out of Walter Reed yesterday says it all, once again.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Is the nfl allowing players that have confirmed direct contact with positive cases to do as they will? How about after they test positive? This stinks of our president being a flat out d bag.

Considering the number of people that have died from covid and didn’t even get a chance to see their loved ones a final time because of isolation, trump’s trip out of Walter Reed yesterday says it all, once again.

So once again you tie everything back to Trump......including the NFL's policy? 

9 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Imagine a little harder then.  Generally speaking secret service will tell you that behind the scenes the Republicans that they are assigned to are muh more gracious and down to earth than their Democrat counterparts, which is ironic given the national perceptions that exist for each party.  Gore, Clinton (mostly Hillary) and the Obama's were pain in the asses while the 2 Bush's were universally liked.  

Hillary was notorious for her treatment of secret service and military personal assigned to events at the White House.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

If he leaves today he will be going from hospital to hospital. 

his sideshow yesterday was just another perfect example of privilege. 

You honestly believe what you are saying?  You are equating his being discharged and going to the White House with a steroid prescription as another "hospitalization"?  Steroids are routinely prescribed to people (on an outpatient basis) that need that extra boost to their system i.e. people with asthma and other common conditions.

Actually you are painting yourself further into the TDS corner and you don't have much room left.  If a simple steroid prescription is the most serious thing that Trump needed to get discharged......it shoots a massive hole in the hunker down in a bunker forever crowds narrative that avoiding society is the only cure to Covid.  

• Upvote 2

If Trump wasn't the President of the United States he likely would never have been hospitalized. If someone had a blood oxygen meter on them at all times during regular, run of the mill illnesses their O2 stats would fluctuate to a similar degree likely. Seeing how many people, including the clowns on SNL talk about Karma for the president is truly disturbing.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TheFlop said:

You honestly believe what you are saying?  You are equating his being discharged and going to the White House with a steroid prescription as a "hospitalization"?  Steroids are routinely prescribed to people (on an outpatient basis) that need that extra boost to their system i.e. people with asthma and other common conditions.

Actually you are painting yourself further into the TDS corner and you don't have much room yet.  If a simple steroid prescription is the most serious thing that Trump needed to get discharged......it shoots a massive hole in the hunker down in a bunker forever crowds narrative that avoiding society is the only cure to Covid.  

Dexamethasone is generally reserved for severely ill covid19 patients dealing with inflammation. May be considered simple by Trump supporters though I guess.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

If he leaves today he will be going from hospital to hospital. 

his sideshow yesterday was just another perfect example of privilege. 

HE. IS. THE. PRESIDENT.  

gawd you guys are f_cking idiots.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, Redneksioux said:

Dexamethasone is generally reserved for severely ill covid19 patients dealing with inflammation. May be considered simple by Trump supporters though I guess.

I know you are having trouble understanding the concept of overabundance of caution and the privilege of being in a high profile position.  I'll dumb it down in terms that you can understand.  When a Hollywood star gets sick, they aren't waiting in line at the after hours urgent care sitting next to all of the uninsured people that came in using the ER as general health care with screaming kids that have snot pouring down their face. 

And you further paint yourself in a corner without knowing it.  If a case of Covid in a 70+ year old fat man can go from "severe" on a Friday to getting discharged on a Monday (or soon after)....how severe was it really?  

• Upvote 2

On a sad note, Rednecks gopher has been eliminated in the search for the next Punxsatawney Phil.  Officials realized that they were going to need a gopher that would stick around long enough to actually look for his shadow without being scared off. 

Dr. James P. Phillips (the tweeter of great cataclysm to the Secret Service) is an interesting source and point of reference. 

Note his photo on his Twitter page. Is that a Wolf he's sitting by? Did he get to keep the coffee mug? The good doctor wouldn't have an agenda, would he? 

As someone noted:
Those Secret Service agents are near the President at all times. The Presidential suite more than likely has it's own air handling, like "the tank", also. I'm willing to wager the minute the President was diagnosed his security detail all got a round of "what he's having."

And why no worries for the USMC "Marine One" pilots and Marine aircraft service attendant (the door guy) on Friday? That helicopter has to be sealed (the Sikorsky SH-3 is good to 14000 feet). 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Reserved? Dexamethasone is prescribed in a variety of illnesses. To act like the president isn't going to get a different protocol than the general public is naive. They were using the steroids prophylactically, his personal physician addressed this directly.

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

Reserved? Dexamethasone is prescribed in a variety of illnesses. To act like the president isn't going to get a different protocol than the general public is naive. They were using the steroids prophylactically, his personal physician addressed this directly.

Let me get this straight. Its risks outweigh its benefits when used prophylactically for the general public, but that's not the case for the president?

2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Let me get this straight. Its risks outweigh its benefits when used prophylactically for the general public, but that's not the case for the president?

The President has a diagnosis; thus, this is no longer prophylactic, but preventative. That said, I'm willing to wager the President is also on a Z-Pak as a preventative to biologic based pulmonary infection. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The President has a diagnosis; thus, this is no longer prophylactic, but preventative. That said, I'm willing to wager the President is also on a Z-Pak as a preventative to biologic based pulmonary infection. 

It's almost like those with TDS are upset that the medical community is getting better each and every day treating Covid even in those that come from a higher risk category.

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

What risks are you referring to?

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

Care to elaborate on this?

Serious question: are you upset that the president has gotten treatment that has improved his condition and is on track to be discharged today? What point are you trying to make by questioning his treatment and actions?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

What risks are you referring to?

It can suppress the immune system's activity, preventing your immune system from fighting off the virus if given too early.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/10/04/trump-receiving-dexamethasone-steroid-usually-given-patients-with-severe-covid19/

Weiss said that Trump’s medical team had “an impossible job,” but that “you can’t say he’s fine and he’s going home tomorrow and by the way he’s getting dexamethasone, which was shown in [a clinical trial] to be helpful in only the sickest patients.”

• Upvote 1