SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

4 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Kayleigh McEnany tests positive.

This is like a bad zombie movie

A bad zombie movie where instead of becoming mindless brain eating monsters, almost none of the people infected would even know without the test being positive. Truly horrifying.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

The standard is to project an image of strength, and/or craft a message that’s in the President's best interest.  It's been the standard since forever.  WH doctors aren’t, nor have they ever been immune to playing (or being forced to play) the PR game.   We recently witnessed the same in Britain with Boris Johnson.

But, unlike in the past, it's more difficult to do in today's world.  This leads to mixed messaging and non-answers, which opens the door for stupid conspiracy theories. 

Great take.  Goes back forever.  Hitler was not a healthy guy.  Huge checklist of possible things he could have had. 

On 10/3/2020 at 4:38 PM, TheFlop said:

Your post makes absolutely zero sense.  So teachers believe that it can be controlled in the school but then you go on to say that only applies until a kid comes into the school with it.  Don't the masks that every kid is being required to wear in school work?  

Whooooosh.

3 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

https://medium.com/indica/collapse-lasts-a-lifetime-america-is-just-getting-started-aae9c4b1427

This is a good read. The first sentence is a hyperlink to the previous article he wrote on the topic, which is probably best to read first.

You don’t just lose 200,000+ people and vote it all better again.

You don't just disappear 50,000,000+ and vote it all better

• Upvote 1

......and on cue after the first day of distance learning only for middle and HS in the Fargo public schools they will pivot again to a hybrid model on October 19.

#twomoreweeks

8 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

......and on cue after the first day of distance learning only for middle and HS in the Fargo public schools they will pivot again to a hybrid model on October 19.

#twomoreweeks

Two more weeks to bust the curve? Our kids need in person schooling. My daughter went to Summer school and is currently going to school. No issues so far. 

During summer school the kids did bring home a stomach bug, but that's to be expected. How long do they intend to drag this out? 

11 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

#twomoreweeks

Q: How do you keep a bunch of suckers in suspense?
A: I'll tell ya in #twomoreweeks.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Not sure why you brought abortion into this, but if abortion becomes illegal we will need an exponentially better social safety net from birth to adulthood to better assist the underclass the majority of those fetuses would occupy.

If losing 200k+ elderly citizens damages a society, losing 50M+ citizens can't be a good thing. 

Look at the actuarials on just SoSec.
We'll be from 40:1 at the start to under 3:1 soon (payees : retirees).
We're missing a generation, or more, by our own hand, to support the society we'd built. 

If losing 200k+ damages a society, losing 50M+ can't be good. 

On 10/3/2020 at 10:19 PM, UNDlaw80 said:

Yea I’m sure López Obrador is shaking in his boots at the prospect of paying for the wall.  .:silly:  

How ironic the most divisive, vindictive and ‘renegade’ President in recent history is tweeting about unity and LOVE! now that he personally is facing the Grim Reaper.  Funny that.  

nafta....mexico>usa>canada

usmca...usa>mexico>canada

as the president of the USA you should never sign the first one until it looked like the second one..

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

Drive-by Mike showing the level of input he's capable of if you give him a couple of days to formulate it.  

Kids in classrooms is probably the safest place they can be as it is a fairly controlled environment. What I was trying to say is that when the kids leave school all bets are off. Even if we assume kids won't suffer greatly when they're infected, they still are imminently capable of spreading the virus wherever they go and to whomever they come into contact.

One of my kids knows a family that has been exposed to the virus and been notified of that fact; I think they call that "close contact". That family did not get tested, and instead of quarantining as suggested, spent a weekend on the road, visiting neighboring communities and attractions. And on Monday morning they sent the kids to school.

If those kids are carrying the virus, they spread it all over southern North Dakota and northern South Dakota, at playgrounds, cafes, etc. And then went back to school and after school daycare, potentially spreading to yet another population.

Clearly this family is ignoring the risks (or just plain ignorant). They're acting selfish to say the least.

Students wearing masks in a classroom are helpful. However, many rural schools aren't requiring students to wear masks at lunch, in the hallways or at recess. Heck, one of my kids teaches in a district where the school board refused to mandate masks anywhere.

But if some families refuse to recognize the risk, or the benefit of limiting exposure after school and on weekends, the virus will continue to spread unchecked. 

I don't want school kids to be infected. But I also don't want them turning into super spreaders simply because they are asymptomatic and their parents are foolish.