SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

So, who has Dear Leader's debt and would they exploit it at the risk of our national security.   Note the lack of a question mark, cultists.

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/trumps-taxes-show-hes-national-093724888.html

Trump's Taxes Show He's a National Security Threat

Due to his indebtedness, his reliance on income from overseas and his refusal to authentically distance himself from his hodgepodge of business, Trump represents a profound national security threat – a threat that will only escalate if he’s re-elected. The tax returns also show the extent to which Trump has repeatedly betrayed the interests of many of the average Americans who elected him and remain his most loyal supporters.

Maybe he has hundreds of millions of stocks and cash on hand?

1 hour ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Sounds like it's in the nation's best interest to keep Donald in office until he dies then... for national security. 

Thanks Barn!

That would be worst case senario. After he gets beat by an unagruable margin in November, our National Security will be potentially at enough risk. Be one executive order after another till noon on the 20th of January.

50 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

This.   Bush would have pulled Kavanaugh in a NY minute.

Kavanaugh displayed he didn't have the proper temperament for the job and probably should've been pulled.  ACB has written too many partisan articles.  Gorsuch is solid though.

8 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

That would be worst case senario. After he gets beat by an unagruable margin in November, our National Security will be potentially at enough risk. Be one executive order after another till noon on the 20th of January.

How fascinating. Please, tell me more | Radiology humor, Funny quotes,  Stand up comedians

3 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

If it's legit assets, then that interest and dividends from there of would show up on his tax returns.

Perhaps he only needs to generate the necessary cash flow to service his debt like many others seem to do. 

29 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

Long story short, without a ton more information it is not possible to say that the transaction was inappropriate.  The transaction was reported by both parties, and reported as income to Ivanka.

I suspect that played a role in the leak. 

A.) Give sleepy Joe ammo for a debate

B.) Lead Americans to think close to an election that Trump is in financial trouble when more information would be needed to ascertain that.

C.) Tell Don that he can clear it all up by releasing financial information that probably shows either A.) He is in financial trouble, or B.) He doesn't have as much money as he wants folks to think.

Under any circumstance, its bad optics before an election and its on a topic that most people have a limited understanding on.

Let's assume its all perfectly legal and he is in a fine place financially... He could send out the leading tax accountants, tax attorneys, and corporate attorneys in the country to explain it to people in a 15 minute speech or a 12 hour telethon, 99% of it will go right over people's heads and a lot of folks will still be saying, "Orange Man Broke, Orange Man Bad!" <--- see a few folks on this board without naming names.

10 minutes ago, petey23 said:

How fascinating. Please, tell me more | Radiology humor, Funny quotes,  Stand up comedians

9 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Perhaps he only needs to generate the necessary cash flow to service his debt like many others seem to do. 

8 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

We've never had a POTUS do that before.

Opinion: Turns out Trump is not a 'winner' after all

Opinion by Michael D'Antonio  1 hr ago

"The beauty of me is that I'm very rich." Donald Trump said that in 2011, when he was talking about a White House run. In 2015 he took his ride down a golden escalator and made his super-patriot's promise to use his unmatched business skills to make America great again, as great as he was. Enough people believed it to win him the Electoral College (losing the popular vote) and the Oval Office.

And the patriotic part? Instead of contributing a fair share of taxes to the country -- money that built the roads for his limo and keeps the skies safe for his jet, Trump paid nothing from 2010 to 2014, the Times reported. In 2015, as he was declaring he was worth more than $8 billion, he actually paid almost $642,000 in income taxes. But then in the year he gained office, the bottom line was $750.

You read that right. In 2016, Donald Trump threw $750 into the $1.7 trillion income tax pot that covered things like Head Start pre-schools and the salaries of soldiers fighting and dying in Iraq and Afghanistan. That amount would have covered two weeks of base pay for the lowest-ranked enlisted man or woman with $25 left over.

No wonder Trump, according to a recent article in The Atlantic, once allegedly said that those who die fighting for America are "suckers." 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/opinion-turns-out-trump-is-not-a-winner-after-all/ar-BB19xesH?ocid=msedgdhp

image.png

UND trying their darndest to get fully online.......test baby test baby 1-2-3.....test baby test baby 1-2-3 .......another mass testing event today.  They wanted me to pass on the word to Oxbow that they appreciate his full tuition paid this semester.  Without his support all of this testing would not have been possible.  https://und.edu/covid-19/testing

Just now, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

"The beauty of me is that I'm very rich." Donald Trump said that in 2011, when he was talking about a White House run. In 2015 he took his ride down a golden escalator and made his super-patriot's promise to use his unmatched business skills to make America great again, as great as he was. Enough people believed it to win him the Electoral College (losing the popular vote) and the Oval Office.

And the patriotic part? Instead of contributing a fair share of taxes to the country -- money that built the roads for his limo and keeps the skies safe for his jet, Trump paid nothing from 2010 to 2014, the Times reported. In 2015, as he was declaring he was worth more than $8 billion, he actually paid almost $642,000 in income taxes. But then in the year he gained office, the bottom line was $750.

You read that right. In 2016, Donald Trump threw $750 into the $1.7 trillion income tax pot that covered things like Head Start pre-schools and the salaries of soldiers fighting and dying in Iraq and Afghanistan. That amount would have covered two weeks of base pay for the lowest-ranked enlisted man or woman with $25 left over.

No wonder Trump, according to a recent article in The Atlantic, once allegedly said that those who die fighting for America are "suckers." 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/opinion-turns-out-trump-is-not-a-winner-after-all/ar-BB19xesH?ocid=msedgdhp

image.png

Can you expand on something or perhaps have an original thought for once in your life? 

If it was legal, say his accountants and lawyers legally (or substantially legally, hard to get mad at folks for pushing the boundaries in good faith) got his Federal Income Tax burden to that amount, why the heck would he pay more? Does anyone say "you know what...my accountant says I owe $750 but I'm gonna write the government a check for $50 million because I'm a patriot!" No. They don't. 

That article is trash. I feel bad for you. Be better.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

If it was legal, say his accountants and lawyers legally (or substantially legally, hard to get mad at folks for pushing the boundaries in good faith) got his Federal Income Tax burden to that amount, why the heck would he pay more? Does anyone say "you know what...my accountant says I owe $750 but I'm gonna write the government a check for $50 million because I'm a patriot!" No. They don't.

BIG ?        If it was legal?

For someone who lies daily, how the heck can his IRS communications be the opposite? 
Stay in line, T feeds on the likes, no matter what he does.

Disclosure, this may not be my own taught, heard something like this months ago on FOX.

4 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

For someone who lies daily, how the heck can his IRS communications be the opposite? 

Disclosure, this may not be my own taught, heard something like this months ago on FOX.

Your post didn't seem to care whether or not it was legal. Your post indicated people getting their tax burden as low as possible is unpatriotic because of Afghanistan and preschool or some nonsense.

So again..why would he pay more than is required, assuming it was legal? Do you give the government more money than is required? 

• Upvote 1

Do you believe that he does his own taxes?   For an individual like him, and his multiple business entities and dealings, there are probably a couple full time accountants that handle that side of things.  You think that Donald has direct communication with the IRS?  No chance.

What does Trump own in his own name?  I suspect next to nothing.  The same is true for Mark Cuban or Oprah WInfrey, or any other successful person with their hands in a ton of businesses.  They don't have time to be doing their taxes.  They have multiple entities to protect them from liability.  They have a team that is told to utilize every tax break possible.

29 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Why did you quote my post and then copy and paste something that had nothing to do with my post?  Trump is a garbage human, you'll get no argument from me on that.  But he most definitely would not be the first lame duck president signing a bunch of executive orders to screw over the president-elect from the opposing party.  He's also far from the first wealthy person/company to pay minimal/no income tax.  Don't hate the player, hate the game.

4 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

Do you believe that he does his own taxes?   For an individual like him, and his multiple business entities and dealings, there are probably a couple full time accountants that handle that side of things.  You think that Donald has direct communication with the IRS?  No chance.

What does Trump own in his own name?  I suspect next to nothing.  The same is true for Mark Cuban or Oprah WInfrey, or any other successful person with their hands in a ton of businesses.  They don't have time to be doing their taxes.  They have multiple entities to protect them from liability.  They have a team that is told to utilize every tax break possible.

Of course he has lawyers, accountants, and tax filers.

What kind of a group of professional could they be made of, look his cabinet. Hand picked clowns that end up in trouble.

Does it not concern any of the followers where his money is loaned from and what kind of characters are involved? This part is a huge risk to our country.

Of course he has lawyers, accountants, and tax filers.

What kind of a group of professional could they be made of, look his cabinet. Hand picked clowns that end up in trouble.

Does it not concern any of the followers where his money is loaned from and what kind of characters are involved? This part is a huge risk to our country.

Lol....nope.  

5 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Why did you quote my post and then copy and paste something that had nothing to do with my post?  Trump is a garbage human, you'll get no argument from me on that.  But he most definitely would not be the first lame duck president signing a bunch of executive orders to screw over the president-elect from the opposing party.  He's also far from the first wealthy person/company to pay minimal/no income tax.  Don't hate the player, hate the game.

You with three posters immediately reponded to my post.

Because you claim to be a volunteer? Taught I'd through a freebee your way.