SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

2 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Watched some of the convention tonight.

Cuban immigrant old guy owned. Parnell owned. Haley owned. Scott owned. Parkland Dad did well. 

Guilfoyle or however you spell it sucked.

She was over the top

1 minute ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Those democrats and their desire to make their own decisions. The nerve

She actually used the words, "the right to die with dignity" as if it's a bad thing? 

I could see using different rhetoric, but wtf? 

Do they vett these speakers or the speeches?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I'm curious what the plethora of social restrictions are. The only one I can think of relates to abortion.  I would typically think of gay marriage and what not but the GOP has eased up on that front considerably.

If the GOP was given a blank check they’d impose their ideals of family life, sexual relations, accommodationism, drugs, right to choose, school prayer, sex education, protest restrictions, etc, etc,  on everybody.  Freedom be damned.    

Fortunately we have checks and balances whereby enacting most of that stuff isn't even possible.   For this same reason (despite the scare tactic) the vast majority of Dems 'restrictive ideals' will never come to fruition either.   But whatever, “the Dems will take away all your freedom" rhetoric always works with the simple minded.    

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Sen. Scott.  Best line of describing America,

Cotton to Congress.

America is a great country.  Not a racist country.

We're definitely more great than racist.  But these two terms aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.  

I wonder if this policeman posts his belief in the Deep State and QAnon on social media? 

https://reason.com/2020/08/24/video-shows-cop-shooting-wisconsin-man-in-the-back-7-times/

"The short video, shot Sunday afternoon, shows members of the Kenosha Police Department (KPD) pointing a gun at Jacob Blake while he walks toward a vehicle. While Blake opens the door, an officer grabs his shirt and shoots him at close range, in the back, seven times. Blake slumps against the car horn while onlookers react in horror."

17 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

We're definitely more great than racist.  But these two terms aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.  

It would nice if the Dems realized that.  They always play race card just for power.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

It would nice if the Dems realized that.  They always play race card just for power.

I ran this through the Cult of Trump Translator tool.  We use this to translate crazy cult talk:

"I don't understand why minorities and other marginalized groups vote for Democrats? Is it because they always seem to be advocating for their rights and then gaining their votes?"

There, that will help reasonable citizens understand you. 

7 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

I wonder if this policeman posts his belief in the Deep State and QAnon on social media? 

https://reason.com/2020/08/24/video-shows-cop-shooting-wisconsin-man-in-the-back-7-times/

"The short video, shot Sunday afternoon, shows members of the Kenosha Police Department (KPD) pointing a gun at Jacob Blake while he walks toward a vehicle. While Blake opens the door, an officer grabs his shirt and shoots him at close range, in the back, seven times. Blake slumps against the car horn while onlookers react in horror."

You’re a joke. You’re a media puppet. Always two sides to a story. “Most” cops don’t just kill people unjustified. You’re a loser, man. Hate to say it  

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

If the GOP was given a blank check they’d impose their ideals of family life, sexual relations, accommodationism, drugs, right to choose, school prayer, sex education, protest restrictions, etc, etc,  on everybody.  Freedom be damned.    

Fortunately we have checks and balances whereby enacting most of that stuff isn't even possible.   For this same reason (despite the scare tactic) the vast majority of Dems 'restrictive ideals' will never come to fruition either.   But whatever, “the Dems will take away all your freedom" rhetoric always works with the simple minded.    

Methinks you are stuck in some time long ago.

What do you mean family life? Like Divorce would suddenly be illegal? Lol.

Sexual relations? Sodomy laws have been gone from most states for ages. Republican and Democrat since before the Supreme Court declared the laws unconstitutional. 

Regarding drugs, Republicans and Democrats have been pretty well in step. Democrats just like pretend to be the Cool Mom from Mean Girls. 

I presume you mean Abortion when you say "Right to Choose." Yep. Killing the most innocent among us is disgusting. 

School prayer...I dont know and don't care. I intend on sending any kids I ever have to private school anyway. 

Sex Ed is a state and local issue I'm pretty sure. I dont think the Feds handle that. North Dakota is pretty conservative. We got the whole shebang in a state where the Conservative boogeymen have free reign to institute the Abstinence only program I think you are hinting at and havent done it...at least they hadn't 10-15 years ago when I was in middle-high school.

Protests...i have no idea. Republican and Democrat politicians both hate protests when they are carried out by members of the other party.

Believe it or not, conservatives change views over time too. I am pretty sure you are living in some weird time in the past. Views change over time.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

You’re a joke. You’re a media puppet. Always two sides to a story. “Most” cops don’t just kill people unjustified. You’re a loser, man. Hate to say it  

Thank you.

I got to read the stupidest thing on the internet right before bedtime. 

I was worried that would be something from the RNC. But, this topped it.

You saved the day.   Muchos gracias! 

8 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Thank you.

I got to read the stupidest thing on the internet right before bedtime. 

I was worried that would be something from the RNC. But, this topped it.

You saved the day.   Muchos gracias! 

How is this stupid? Video not fit your narrative? 

Thought you’re always fact checking things.  Funny how you pushed this incident just like the media before facts or other videos/evidence came out. 

Move along. Let’s see you spin this one  

• Upvote 4

NBC News
 A group of former U.S. officials, advisers and conservatives organized by people who worked in the current administration has formed against President Donald Trump.

Miles Taylor, a former chief of staff at the Department of Homeland Security in the Trump administration, on Monday night confirmed the creation of the group to NBC News, which is called the Republican Political Alliance for Integrity and Reform, or REPAIR.

The group's website says, "Now is the time to speak up, before it's too late," and adds that it's "calling for leadership change in the White House and seeking to repair the Republican Party. We believe America's comeback starts this November — with a return to our founding principles."

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson plans to resign in six months over lingering health problems caused by the coronavirus.

Did you see the source? A conversation between a woman and the father in law to an aide of Boris Johnson. Journalism 2020. 

17 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson plans to resign in six months over lingering health problems caused by the coronavirus.

...which he has denied

Accept the reality that there are people in the media that want you to continue to fear COVID-19 by over dramatizing the long term effects. Your life will be so much better when you realize this.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

...which he has denied

Accept the reality that there are people in the media that want you to continue to fear COVID-19 by over dramatizing the long term effects. Your life will be so much better when you realize this.

Night one of the RNC was all about spreading fear, in stark contrast to the hopeful message of the DNC.

Kimberly Guilfoyle wearing a costume: Kimberly Guilfoyle, the national chair of the Trump Victory Finance Committee and girlfriend of Donald Trump Jr., delivered a prerecorded speech to the largely virtual 2020 Republican National Convention on Monday. Kevin Lamarque/Reuters

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/night-one-of-the-rnc-was-all-about-spreading-fear-in-stark-contrast-to-the-hopeful-message-of-the-dnc/ar-BB18l1eg