SiouxSports.com Forum

Next up Idaho State

forksandspoons

Can UND get their first road win of the season? Storylines aplenty given Bubba’s woes against Idaho State.

UND needs to win the turnover battle and play a disciplined game (less penalties). UND will win if they do those two things. 

So everyone knows, Idaho State is 2-3 on the season and recently lost @ Montana 59-20. Idaho State’s two wins are against West Colorado and Portland State. 

• Upvote 2

If I'm Bubba I give full freedom to Danny on the headset to unleash everything offensively on the Bengals.  Montana put a bunch on them and there is no reason we can't put up 45 plus on this team.  It's not a hostile environment, it's a big old quonset with a football field.  

Huge game for Maag I think.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, northernraider said:

What is with Idaho State? Seems we typically stumble against them and it has cost us a couple of times if I recall correctly 

Sometimes you have a team that for whatever reason, just gives you fits.  That’s ISU. 

Now this being in Pocatello, I expect the trend of the road team winning to continue and UND gets a solid victory against the fighting Jared Allen’s

Next two weeks are must wins, zero excuses not to be 5-2 going into MSU week. 

9 hours ago, Kab said:

What does Idaho state have that will give us fits ?

That's the million dollar question. We should have won the games against them in the Alerus. For whatever reason we would control most of the game and they would come back and beat us. The away team in this series has been the winner so here's to hoping that holds true.

10 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

That's the million dollar question. We should have won the games against them in the Alerus. For whatever reason we would control most of the game and they would come back and beat us. The away team in this series has been the winner so here's to hoping that holds true.

Bubba ball - “going into the shell” too soon. 

A new week and we have a great chance at being a very respectable 4-2 at his point in the season.  The good news from last week is that we showed a lot on both sides of the ball in the first half.  Let's play a full game and come home with a win.   

• Upvote 2

This should be a really good game, Idaho State has a solid team. I have a lot more confidence this week after what this team showed offensively in the first half last week, they were really good. Consistency is the key moving forward, they've shown flashes offensively (more bad than good) and defensively (more good than bad), but really haven't come close to putting together a complete game from both sides of the ball (together). 

What's the word on Idaho State, is one side of the ball their strength, or just overall a solid team?

14 minutes ago, AJS said:

This should be a really good game, Idaho State has a solid team. I have a lot more confidence this week after what this team showed offensively in the first half last week, they were really good. Consistency is the key moving forward, they've shown flashes offensively (more bad than good) and defensively (more good than bad), but really haven't come close to putting together a complete game from both sides of the ball (together). 

What's the word on Idaho State, is one side of the ball their strength, or just overall a solid team?

Idaho State has a solid team? They lost 59-20 to Montana last week ...

UC Davis lost 45-20 to Montana the previous week. 

UND hasn’t won on the road this season yet.

Please discuss. 

4 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Idaho State has a solid team? They lost 59-20 to Montana last week ...

UC Davis lost 45-20 to Montana the previous week. 

UND hasn’t won on the road this season yet.

Please discuss. 

Last weeks game appeared to have gotten away from ISU (understatement), up 17-0 in the 2nd and then get rolled. You can pick out one game. You can also look at:

@ Utah - 31 point loss

@ UNI - 7 point loss 

PSU - 27 point win

The Montana game is definitely their low point of the year, but otherwise their results look ok to me. 

There are bad teams on UNDs schedule, ISU isn't one of them. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AJS said:

Last weeks game appeared to have gotten away from ISU (understatement), up 17-0 in the 2nd and then get rolled. You can pick out one game. You can also look at:

@ Utah - 31 point loss

@ UNI - 7 point loss 

PSU - 27 point win

The Montana game is definitely their low point of the year, but otherwise their results look ok to me. 

There are bad teams on UNDs schedule, ISU isn't one of them. 

And, so, can UND withstand a loss to Idaho State and still make the playoffs? 

Mathematically, yes. 

Predictably, no. 

6 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

And, so, can UND withstand a loss to Idaho State and still make the playoffs? 

Mathematically, yes. 

Predictably, no. 

Agreed, this is a game UND needs. ISU is a quality team, but if UND is a true Top 25 team, which I think they are, this is one they'll win.