SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Non-UND FCS Thread

northernraider

4 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I hope my musky fishing trip next week is this easy.:lol::lol:

To qualify for “just trying to get the Bison fans going” you’d have to say something you don’t actually believe.

That isn’t the case here as many UND fans sincerely believe NDSU’s success against FBS schools is luck. 

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

To qualify for “just trying to get the Bison fans going” you’d have to say something you don’t actually believe.

That isn’t the case here as many UND fans sincerely believe NDSU’s success against FBS schools is luck. 

NDSU has been very fortunate in style of play, timing, and poor performances by opposing teams in FBS match-ups.  Most SU fans know this.(if their psychiatrist could peel the layers back)  Since the obvious facts are too buried in SU minds just stating reality is enough for an epic troll.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Why isn't Ben Newman, the most important piece of the title run, listed on the coaching staff?

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

NDSU has been very fortunate in style of play, timing, and poor performances by opposing teams in FBS match-ups.  Most SU fans know this.(if their psychiatrist could peel the layers back)  Since the obvious facts are too buried in SU minds just stating reality is enough for an epic troll.

And NDSU contributed in no way to those teams having a poor performance that day. 

Team’s talent and performance don’t exist in a vacuum or on paper each Saturday. How they perform against a specific opponent speaks to that opponent just as much as it does the team.

This Bison fan doesn’t believe for a second, no matter how many layers deep you go, that NDSU’s success is the result of luck. They have a winning formula that makes the other team play mistake free football to keep up with them. They also consistently have an FBS caliber O-line that surprises FBS schools who think they will just out muscle NDSU. And that’s exactly what you see when they line up against FBS teams.

47 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

And NDSU contributed in no way to those teams having a poor performance that day. 

Team’s talent and performance don’t exist in a vacuum or on paper each Saturday. How they perform against a specific opponent speaks to that opponent just as much as it does the team.

This Bison fan doesn’t believe for a second, no matter how many layers deep you go, that NDSU’s success is the result of luck. They have a winning formula that makes the other team play mistake free football to keep up with them. They also consistently have an FBS caliber O-line that surprises FBS schools who think they will just out muscle NDSU. And that’s exactly what you see when they line up against FBS teams.

I'll be proved correct next year, when NDSU faces an Oregon team that doesn't line up with 3 TEs to hand off to a full back all day, using the entire play clock like Iowa did.  If Oregon's plane doesn't crash or something else tragic (a big "if") the Turd won't hang with a team that isn't hand picked.

2 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I'll be proved correct next year, when NDSU faces an Oregon team that doesn't line up with 3 TEs to hand off to a full back all day, using the entire play clock like Iowa did.  If Oregon's plane doesn't crash or something else tragic (a big "if") the Turd won't hang with a team that isn't hand picked.

A hand picked team? Isnt every contract they enter into....hand picked?

3 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

A hand picked team? Isnt every contract they enter into....hand picked?

And like that, the projected Player of the Year in the PAC 12 is Oregon's Senior Quarter back for 2019.  They probably will start a true freshman in 2020, another fortunate twist of fate.

Just now, gundy1124 said:

And like that, the projected Player of the Year in the PAC 12 is Oregon's Senior Quarter back for 2019.  They probably will start a true freshman in 2020, another fortunate twist of fate.

Maybe. Who knows. It shouldn't really matter. Oregon should have enough talent to deal with a FCS team. If they don't, that sounds like a failure on their part.

NDSU generally makes you do something to beat them. Oregon has the horses to do that. I'd think a few of the upcoming fbs games will test NDSU's defense in a new way relative to the previous ones. Much more wide open out west.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Well I really look forward to seeing how UND takes advantage of NDSU’s unfortunate twist of fate on September 7th then.

New QB, new coaching staff. NDSU is ripe for picking and should be a nice win for UND.

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

And he averaged 9.5 wins/year there. Too loud and Italian for them folk though. 

And I believe Frost is making them relevant again AND they get to play in the non-OSU, non-Michigan division of the Big Ten.

5 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

So the morning paper has an article by David Sharma, reprinted from the Forum. It covers the Juice U game against Butler on Saturday at Target Field ( first D1 football game at Target FIELD). So he states  “Whether the Bison could week after week win games against Big 10 and Big 12 teams is an argument for another day, but a college football authority told Sports Headliners the passionate NDSU fan base thinks so. They believe they can beat ‘Bama!”

the bigger they are the harder they fall.

390m8y.jpg

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

So the morning paper has an article by David Sharma, reprinted from the Forum. It covers the Juice U game against Butler on Saturday at Target Field ( first D1 football game at Target FIELD). So he states  “Whether the Bison could week after week win games against Big 10 and Big 12 teams is an argument for another day, but a college football authority told Sports Headliners the passionate NDSU fan base thinks so. They believe they can beat ‘Bama!”

the bigger they are the harder they fall.

Why couldnt NDSU compete in the Big Ten or Big 12 if we had the same amount of scholarships????  If we were to make that move we would need to recruit differently just like we did when we made the move to D1. Of which I might add---NOBODY here thought we would compete at the FCS level as well.

As far as Bama?  They have a hell of a program and with the talent level and speed they have I dont think we would come come out on top. But I can tell you for a fact ---we certainly dont go in to any game Expecting to lose. Thats what the hack who wrote the article and you dont understand.

12 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Why couldnt NDSU compete in the Big Ten or Big 12 if we had the same amount of scholarships????  If we were to make that move we would need to recruit differently just like we did when we made the move to D1. Of which I might add---NOBODY here thought we would compete at the FCS level as well.

As far as Bama?  They have a hell of a program and with the talent level and speed they have I dont think we would come come out on top. But I can tell you for a fact ---we certainly dont go in to any game Expecting to lose. Thats what the hack who wrote the article and you dont understand.

Once again revisionist history. People were saying D1 as if you were going to be playing against North Carolina in BB all the time, etc.  I don't recall hardly anybody thinking you couldn't compete in D1-AA.  It was all the other sports that people assumed would be so tough to win at, which proved to not be the case.

And to confirm we went to Northern Iowa and beat them as a D2 football team.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Because you can't outspend 95% of the other teams in the subdivision?  I mean, isn't that the excuse why NDSU fell back to the pack in D2?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Once again revisionist history. People were saying D1 as if you were going to be playing against North Carolina in BB all the time, etc.  I don't recall hardly anybody thinking you couldn't compete in D1-AA.  It was all the other sports that people assumed would be so tough to win at, which proved to not be the case.

I’m sure we could look back on the posts here if we wanted to. I remember many UND fans saying the football team specifically wouldn’t be able to compete at the I-AA/FCS level.

I also remember many UND fans saying UND’s transition to I-AA would go great because “if an above average DII team like NDSU can make it look easy, a great DII team like UND should have no problem”

12 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I’m sure we could look back on the posts here if we wanted to. I remember many UND fans saying the football team specifically wouldn’t be able to compete at the I-AA/FCS level.

I also remember many UND fans saying UND’s transition to I-AA would go great because “if an above average DII team like NDSU can make it look easy, a great DII team like UND should have no problem”

We should not have struggled with the transition. Unfortunately the university leadership was terrible at the time and couldn’t get the budgets where they needed to be to compete.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Plenty of DII schools that jumped had immediate FCS success.  Plus the trend of FCS schools jumping to FBS -Appy St., Georgie S., and a few others softened the transition.  Not to say that SU didn't exceed expectations at FCS.

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Well I really look forward to seeing how UND takes advantage of NDSU’s unfortunate twist of fate on September 7th then.

New QB, new coaching staff. NDSU is ripe for picking and should be a nice win for UND.

Finally, we agree on something.

Last year was a good year to avoid going to Fargo.

3 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Yeah that secret formula is somethin' else.....just don't drink too much of it before getting tested though, right?

I am just wondering if I will have to listen to JuiceU rhetoric all year on every thread. Could we just make a JuiceU thread and they can only post there? With all due respect, seeing this on  every topic is getting old.... it is almost a political issue... bombarded wherever you look, listen, or read. Just a suggestion.

GO SIOUX