SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2019-20

cberkas

i am using the incognito thing, I don't know where cookies are in this machine.  What I mean is I would only want to delete certain cookies as I am password and username inept and would likely be offline for days if I delete everything.   I recently tried to delete one contact of my phone and deleted a-l, still missing them on my phone but apparently the internet has them all. 

1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

i am using the incognito thing, I don't know where cookies are in this machine.  What I mean is I would only want to delete certain cookies as I am password and username inept and would likely be offline for days if I delete everything.   I recently tried to delete one contact of my phone and deleted a-l, still missing them on my phone but apparently the internet has them all. 

Hahaha boomers are funny

On 10/11/2019 at 10:18 PM, SiouxScore said:

Are these new jerseys Colorado College is wearing? They might be the worst I've ever seen. The white writing and numbers with the yellow jersey is bad and then you mix in some light gray on the shoulders and top it off with a white helmet. Not a good mix at all.

Late to this one, but yes, those were hideous.

I wouldn't be surprised if Penn State puts up some huge numbers this year and has an excellent record, but then gets bounced right away from the NCAA's.
Their OOC schedule is insanely weak... 2x against Sacred Heart, 2x against Alaska, 2x against Robert Morris, 2x against Niagara, 1x against Merrimack, and 1x against Lowell.  I wouldn't be shocked if they went undefeated against that competition or at the very least 9-1 with Lowell being their only decent OOC opponent.

7 hours ago, brianvf said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Penn State puts up some huge numbers this year and has an excellent record, but then gets bounced right away from the NCAA's.
Their OOC schedule is insanely weak... 2x against Sacred Heart, 2x against Alaska, 2x against Robert Morris, 2x against Niagara, 1x against Merrimack, and 1x against Lowell.  I wouldn't be shocked if they went undefeated against that competition or at the very least 9-1 with Lowell being their only decent OOC opponent.

Yeah, their non-conference schedules since joining the B1G is pathetic and embarrassing IMO. That said, they continue to win those games against weaker competition which some teams haven't been able to say the last handful of years. :unsure::huh:

14 minutes ago, HockeyFan31 said:

Yeah, their non-conference schedules since joining the B1G is pathetic and embarrassing IMO. That said, they continue to win those games against weaker competition which some teams haven't been able to say the last handful of years. :unsure::huh:

You’d think Penn State want to schedule tougher competition for their non-conference schedule to prepare them and make them more battle tested come tournament time. Correct me if I’m wrong but Penn State got taken to the woodshed a few years ago by DU in the first round of the tournament. Maybe they hadn’t faced an opponent of that caliber during their regular season? 

11 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

You’d think Penn State want to schedule tougher competition for their non-conference schedule to prepare them and make them more battle tested come tournament time. Correct me if I’m wrong but Penn State got taken to the woodshed a few years ago by DU in the first round of the tournament. Maybe they hadn’t faced an opponent of that caliber during their regular season? 

My thoughts exactly. Not exactly priming yourself for the teams you'll likely face in the postseason. I understand you have to have a cupcake or two on your schedule every year, that's part of the game with scheduling in college sports. But Penn St is over the top IMO.

Penn St missed the tourney last year and got bounced in 2018 first round by DU, like you said. Looks like DU got them in the 2nd round in 2017.

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Duluth tried to schedule Penn State a few years ago, but Penn State said no. 

39 minutes ago, Tbone said:

So they decline the Dawgs and da Huskies, but accept an offer to play us (supposedly Nashville). Them sons of b#*ches!

Go figure. A destination game that will likely give their program some national publicity.

I understand going to Duluth or Cloudtown doesn't move the meter much and their fans aren't likely to make that trip but it still looks bad in my book.

18 hours ago, brianvf said:

Nevermind, they lost tonight to Alaska.  There goes their undefeated season.  :(  ;) 

• Upvote 4