SiouxSports.com Forum

High School

SiouxFan100

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Oh no!  It was one of their best years in a long time 

ugh

It was a great first 4 games then it went south in a hurry. They just got destroyed by Mandan 37-7. I was at their Legacy game when they came back after being down 20-0. One of the best games I’ve witnessed for a Jays team 

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Jamestown has a special place in my heart. Hurts me to hear they are out. They have been tossed around  between conferences. Nice to see that they have had some successes in different sports of late.

excited to see what the new football/track complex will look like

They have taken the shaft as far as going to the East back to the West and now it’s to AA football and back to AAA. Just tough to keep up with the bigger schools. Lack of depth really shows. With that said they have been really good at boys basketball the last 3 years and the girls volleyball team has been successful for quite awhile now. Boys hockey team took fifth last year and should be right there again this year 

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

They have taken the shaft as far as going to the East back to the West and now it’s to AA football and back to AAA. Just tough to keep up with the bigger schools. Lack of depth really shows. With that said they have been really good at boys basketball the last 3 years and the girls volleyball team has been successful for quite awhile now. Boys hockey team took fifth last year and should be right there again this year 

I hated getting traded back and forth like the fat kid neither team wants in gym class lol. The other bad thing was we had no rivals for football. Not sure about other sports, I wrestled and thats individual so rivals weren't really based on towns really, though some middle aged women taught us a few new swear words whenever we'd wrestle up in Carrington lol.

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

It's embarrassing what we are doing to these kids. 

I think it goes beyond embarrassing.  Recently heard that the survival rate for the 0-20 age group is 99.997%, so it should probably be treated like the flu.  Instead, it's treated like the bubonic plague.  

I would like to know how many kids had it and what the tracing looked like, maybe they stated it already?  The way they are doing tracing with these high school kids is absurd.  Plus, most of them are too honest to lie so it damn near becomes the entire team.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

I think it goes beyond embarrassing.  Recently heard that the survival rate for the 0-20 age group is 99.997%, so it should probably be treated like the flu.  Instead, it's treated like the bubonic plague.  

Are you OK being in charge and the one to make a decision that ends up killing that .003% kid? I don't want to bring this to my 94 year old grandma and live with that the rest of my life (I take care of her). I can't imagine making a decision that has a kid die.

And yet again it's over the head of most that it's not always about the kids themselves, but about who they spread it to. This kills at a higher percent of the flu, so quit comparing it to the flu.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Are you OK being in charge and the one to make a decision that ends up killing that .003% kid? I don't want to bring this to my 94 year old grandma and live with that the rest of my life (I take care of her). I can't imagine making a decision that has a kid die.

And yet again it's over the head of most that it's not always about the kids themselves, but about who they spread it to. This kills at a higher percent of the flu, so quit comparing it to the flu.

Somebody call 911...new dumpster fire smoldering.

When has this ever not been the case?  The old and infirm have ALWAYS been vulnerable to diseases contracted from healthy and asymptomatic carriers.  The solution has never been to restrain movement of all to lower the risk to the few.  Why not let the young go about living - or at least have the choice to do so, and let the vulnerable population self-isolate - or at least have the choice to do so.

“Rejoice, O young man in thy youth.”

• Upvote 1

The bigger picture is what % of these quarantined HS student athletes become positive during quarantine. Someone posted a number of 0.003% risk of death. That probably about the same % of all the quarantined HS athletes in the state that did become positive from a teammate who was a close contact. Extrapolate those figures  out together with the absurdity of how they actually do the tracing like 1983 mentioned.....what are we doing to these kids? The Sheyenne boys soccer team was quarantined 3 time this season. Shanley VB twice so far. Anyone want to guess how many quarantined players become positive??? You have to be positive to spread it if the science is correct?

We need to stop with the 94 year old grandma argument. 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...