SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSUCKS Dump Thread

geaux_sioux

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Just doesn't really make sense to me that a junior fullback from Cavalier, who is already starting, feels he needs to be the rogue "find an edge" guy.  

This is my point, that I’m clearly doing a poor job of articulating.

In his mind, it was likely “just another preworkout”. I’ve been taking these things since I was a kid before workouts, just like everybody else I know who is serious about their fitness. It was crummy luck, in addition to poor judgement on his part and on the part of BN, that this particular preworkout had a substance in it that is considered illegal by the NCAA. I don’t know the product he took, but because I know supplements very well, I can tell you there are dozens of supplements on the shelf in GNC and your local grocery store that have ncaa banned substances in them.

13 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Maybe I’m somewhat immune to the significance of all of this because I know how prevalent preworkout use is among athletes. In my view, it’s very likely the only sin here, which shouldn’t go un punished if true, is the supplement wasn’t properly vetted and shouldn’t have been given to the player. 

Question for you, if you knew that the entire UND football team took a preworkout that on the label had the exact formulation as the one BR took whatbwould you think? Hypothetically?

Depends on how they played!!

2 minutes ago, Cratter said:

"Come to NDSU. We'll try and not ruin your football career."

And if we do, we don’t hold ourselves accountable. Get comfortable under that bus. This just bothers me and I’d be just as pissed if not more if it was UND. 

2 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I think it’s more likely they are playing the political speech game, which I hate, but technically what the AD said is true. BN isn’t a coach or on staff at NDSU.

I’m not defending that language, but legally that technically protects the University, which is the AD’s job.

Hes a private contractor .

9 minutes ago, bang said:

My biggest problem with all of this is the only people being held accountable is the student athletes. Coaches/administrators and mainly this clown Newman are  making bank. 

Agree, he needs to have some questions thrown his way.

This is what it’s like for student athletes consistently though, they get the short end of most things in college it seems. 

Coaches can leave whenever they want, players are tied to the school with penalties for leaving. Coaches can do whatever they want to monetize themselves, players in most cases cannot.

37 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

How many UND players is it fair for me to rightfully accuse of taking Adderall when only the one kid tested positive a few years back.

“I think the whole UND athletic department has an Adderall issue, it’s been rampant for years, they’re lucky only one player was caught”

How ridiculous does that sound?

Assume all of them.  Only difference is that it wasn’t the coaching staff supplying them to the players.  Huge difference.  

Just now, SkoHawks said:

Just an honest question...does the NCAA or even schools prepare lists of approved workout supplements? 

Nope, they specifically keep it vague.

We were told dozens of times that the only way to be certain you pass any test is to take absolutely no supplements. Something as simple as a protein shake can have banned substances in it without being on the label.

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Nope, they specifically keep it vague.

We were told dozens of times that the only way to be certain you pass any test is to take absolutely no supplements. Something as simple as a protein shake can have banned substances in it without being on the label.

Exactly true. I also got pulled out of bed once at 4 am to randomly pee in a cup. Really no way to dodge the tests.

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

If it’s reported in the paper that it was “used throughout the locker room” you think it’s strange that eyebrows are raised?

She’s a third party that has no real knowledge of the locker room. Not calling her a liar, but any knowledge she has was given to her second hand by BR who could have said what I’m trying to tell all of you about preworkout supplements. “Everybody uses them”

18 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Is the fact that I’m right handed relevant to my age? Is the fact that I own an iPhone relevant to my blood type? 

Details are irrelevant all of the time.

Yes it is, in fact, right handed people live, on average, 9 years longer than left handed people.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

She’s a third party that has no real knowledge of the locker room. Not calling her a liar, but any knowledge she has was given to her second hand by BR who could have said what I’m trying to tell all of you about preworkout supplements. “Everybody uses them”

And you don’t understand how that makes us suspicious? 

4 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

“I’m not calling her a liar, but she’s not telling the truth”.  

So a NDSU coach gave PEDs to her son only??

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, homer said:

“I’m not calling her a liar, but she’s not telling the truth”.  

So a NDSU coach gave PEDs to her son only??

Truth in many cases is a matter of perspective.

Light is a particle, no, light is a photon.

Both are true, depends on how it’s being observed.

The absolute truth is out there somewhere, but her statement isn’t the end all be all of facts in this case if you look at her involvement.