SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSUCKS Dump Thread

geaux_sioux

5 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Only a fool would think NDSU got caught cheating the very first time they did.

How many UND players is it fair for me to rightfully accuse of taking Adderall when only the one kid tested positive a few years back.

“I think the whole UND athletic department has an Adderall issue, it’s been rampant for years, they’re lucky only one player was caught”

How ridiculous does that sound?

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

How many UND players is it fair for me to rightfully accuse of taking Adderall when only the one kid tested positive a few years back.

“I think the whole UND athletic department has an Adderall issue, it’s been rampant for years, they’re lucky only one player was caught”

Pretty ridiculous, because UND didn't back channel a "motivational speaker" for years.  And the player took it on his own.

1 minute ago, gundy1124 said:

Pretty ridiculous, because UND didn't back channel a "motivational speaker" for years.  And the player took it on his own.

Different because it’s your ox being gored.

The details are irrelevant to the discussion because the other poster is saying the entire team has a stimulant issue because of one positive test. 

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Bison06: You must admit the Ben Newman link is very curious. 

Maybe I’m somewhat immune to the significance of all of this because I know how prevalent preworkout use is among athletes. In my view, it’s very likely the only sin here, which shouldn’t go un punished if true, is the supplement wasn’t properly vetted and shouldn’t have been given to the player. 

Question for you, if you knew that the entire UND football team took a preworkout that on the label had the exact formulation as the one BR took whatbwould you think? Hypothetically?

Just now, Bison06 said:

Maybe I’m somewhat immune to the significance of all of this because I know how prevalent preworkout use is among athletes. In my view, it’s very likely the only sin here, which shouldn’t go un punished if true, is the supplement wasn’t properly vetted and shouldn’t have been given to the player. 

Question for you, if you knew that the entire UND football team took a preworkout that on the label had the exact formulation as the one BR took whatbwould you think? Hypothetically?

I would think nothing until they got dinged cause that supplement contains a banned substance.  Then I would want answers and alot of them.  

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I'd think they've put themselves in jeopardy for NCAA sanction and should step back from it. 

You missed my question: What do you make of Newman easily being associated with NDSU, Alabama, and Clemson, all teams that have become curiously much greater than their competition. Pure coincidence? Greatest motivational speaker since Christ on the Mount? Maybe some other factor his presence provides?

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

I would think nothing until they got dinged cause that supplement contains a banned substance.  Then I would want answers and alot of them.  

What if that banned substance was at a low enough concentration that it wouldn’t show up in urine samples? 

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

What if that banned substance was at a low enough concentration that it wouldn’t show up in urine samples? 

I would think your question should end with the word "today".

Then I'd think "tick tock" ... and they've put themselves in jeopardy for NCAA sanction and should step back from it. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'd think they've put themselves in jeopardy for NCAA sanction and should step back from it. 

You missed my question: What do you make of Newman easily being associated with NDSU, Alabama, and Clemson, all teams that have become curiously much greater than their competition. Pure coincidence? Greatest motivational speaker since Christ on the mount? 

I would say the causation might be driven in the opposite direction you are thinking.

They are great teams, great programs and won a hell of a lot of football games before this clown came into the picture, they then decided to hire the same motivational speaker and he now has some questions to answer in my book.

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Are you saying they run their own testing to see how much of a certain substance they can get away with? 

No, I’m saying that a lot of preworkouts contain stimulants and might not put exactly how much of it is in there so you’d have no way of knowing. They may even label it, “proprietary blend”.

So if an athlete is taking any preworkouts, which I would be willing to bet my entire bank account that there are players on UND’s roster doing it, they are playing with fire.

19 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

It’s ridiculous because America has an adderall problem which I could delve into for pages and pages but it would probably turn into politics.

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

It’s ridiculous because America has an adderall problem which I could delve into for pages and pages but it would probably turn into politics.

So if only one player tests positive for a substance, it’s ridiculous to think the entire team has a substance problem?

Just now, Bison06 said:

So if only one player tests positive for a substance, it’s ridiculous to think the entire team has a substance problem?

Just doesn't really make sense to me that a junior fullback from Cavalier, who is already starting, feels he needs to be the rogue "find an edge" guy.