SiouxSports.com Forum

Time For Some New Blood

geaux_sioux

2 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Look at the regression of Johnny from his freshman year to SR year. Remember how many long runs he busted that season? Year by year we saw those go away. Whether it was training, play calling or the players around him. I feel bad that he didn't turn into more than what he ended up. Don't get me wrong, he had a spectacular career, but you'd be lying if you don't think he had potential to be on another level. Think if he would've improved a little each year after his freshman season. WOW. Say all you want about being keyed on and all that bogus because all great players have that problem and continue to be successful. 

Look at what happened to Kett slowly over the season. Compare his first 5 games to his last 3. He went from a confident risk taking gun slinging mobile QB to a scared puppy with concrete feet. Unreal 

Exactly.  That's completely on Rudy's inability to run the offense.

• Upvote 2

Not going to get excited about someone losing their job since they are actual humans with families, but those were the two spots that became glaringly obvious a change needed to be made. When you are down a score but can't trust your offense to get 2 yards late in the 4th quarter in plus field position in a game you have to win because they've been on their heels the whole game, you need to replace those coaches.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So because Bubba was stubborn to realize the same issues everybody else saw last year, we are a year behind in instituting a better offensive philosophy.  Maybe he was setting up the firing by not going for it on 4th and 2, because of his lack of confidence in the offense.  

4 minutes ago, hky said:

Hmmm.  Throws two under the bus and dodges his own responsibility?

I would like you to expand on this. 

This happens all over the country. I do not think it would be a good idea to can the entire staff as that would set us back even further. If we had a better offense we could have easily gone 8-2 this year. If we had an offense that could at least sustain drives to keep the defense fresh we could have gone 8-2. 

• Upvote 1