SiouxSports.com Forum

Time For Some New Blood

geaux_sioux

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

Hopefully some of Kett's issues could be attributed to simple frustration with the man behind the mic in his helmet. That probably is easily solved and should've been taken care of before this season.

Maybe, but it has been getting worse throughout the season and yesterday culminated in embarrassment.  Kepp doesn’t have to duck and fall to the ground every time he sees a defender within 5 yards.   

4 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Yep.  The offense started its slide at UNC.  Kepp has not been sharp in awhile and when combined with questionable schematics and play-calling, we have the result.

I'll renew season tickets since it has to be done in May,  but if Ket is the starter again I'll be sorry I did

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Maybe, but it has been getting worse throughout the season and yesterday culminated in embarrassment.  Kepp doesn’t have to duck and fall to the ground every time he sees a defender within 5 yards.   

Frustration builds and you begin to give up on plays before even snapping the ball when you have to listen to an idiot in your helmet for 3 months.

Disappointing that he didn't try to do more himself though. 

• Upvote 4

I will be honest I was a big Kett fan/supporter throughout much of the year but I’ve hopped off now. I will be interested to see if Cedric Case will have a shot at the starter next year. But I’m all for seeing what Boltmann can do! I’m fairly confident Zimmerman isn’t the answer. 

Just now, sioux24/7 said:

I will be honest I was a big Kett fan/supporter throughout much of the year but I’ve hopped off now. I will be interested to see if Cedric Case will have a shot at the starter next year. 

That would be a sad statement about our current QBs. Freshman QBs should never have to start. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, sprig said:

I'll renew season tickets since it has to be done in May,  but if Ket is the starter again I'll be sorry I did

As I said previously I'm not renewing mine. 11 years of D1 FB and this program is nowhere near competing consistently at the top of FCS. Wasn't one game this year, or since Bubba took over, I couldn't have walked up and purchased tickets to a game. Always room in the student section anyways.

Fire Rudolph. Not only is the playcalling and scheme very bad, he hurt us as a QB coach too. 

Move Fruend to QB coach?

Fire Kostich. Special teams have lost us games and that is unacceptable.

Bubba more than likely won’t be fired because of the time remaining on his contract. 

Any suggestions to who would replace those two if they were fired? 

• Upvote 1

I think the loss yesterday will actually be beneficial in the long run.  Even if we did pull off the win, and then did selected for the NCAA, we would have played one more game, and likely gotten embarrassed.  But 7-4 and a playoff game isn’t going to force a change; at least not as certainly  as 6-5 and no playoffs will.  Pretty much everyone agrees we’d have been better off losing to South Dakota in 2011, and I think there’s parallels to today.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

Any suggestions to who would replace those two if they were fired?

Assuming Bubba stays on, who would his contacts be?  I think the Lennon/Schweigert/Nielsen mold of coaching is too archaic, and ultimately has failed.  Would Caruso move back to FCS coordinator after being the boss?  We need a new perspective on offense.

3 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Assuming Bubba stays on, who would his contacts be?  I think the Lennon/Schweigert/Nielsen mold of coaching is too archaic, and ultimately has failed.  Would Caruso move back to FCS coordinator after being the boss?  We need a new perspective on offense.

I'd be giddy to get Caruso as the HC.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Although he could be great, I'd like to get a proven OC.

Could you get a good one in here that won't be at odds with Bubba's conservative philosophy? Guys that are on the way up the coaching ladder aren't going to want to be hamstrung on their play calling, lest they go backward in their career path.