SiouxSports.com Forum

Time For Some New Blood

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, F'n Hawks said:

Fire Rudolph. Not only is the playcalling and scheme very bad, he hurt us as a QB coach too. 

Move Fruend to QB coach?

Fire Kostich. Special teams have lost us games and that is unacceptable.

Bubba more than likely won’t be fired because of the time remaining on his contract. 

Any suggestions to who would replace those two if they were fired? 

Can chaves get someone from eastern Washington for oc ?

1 hour ago, F'n Hawks said:

Fire Rudolph. Not only is the playcalling and scheme very bad, he hurt us as a QB coach too. 

Move Fruend to QB coach?

Fire Kostich. Special teams have lost us games and that is unacceptable.

Bubba more than likely won’t be fired because of the time remaining on his contract. 

Any suggestions to who would replace those two if they were fired? 

if they "all" get fired...everyone gets fired...fruend included and baukol too...and every secretary....100% clean slate.

• Upvote 1

Do they usually do interviews with bubba on Mondays? I hope Tom Miller asks bubba the same question as he did last year. "Are there going to be any coaching changes" and if bubba answers the same way he did last year.....can him!!!!

• Like 1

It seems to me that the OC must have the type of QB he wants. Does UND have QBs in the system that a more dynamic OC want? 

Of all the play calls to criticize, for me it's been the QB draw with a relatively slow, not very elusive or quick QB. Just HATED that play call. 

Would love to see a no huddle O from time to time too.  BUT...that's NOT BUBBA ball. 

I agree with the critique of Kett, but what in the world happened to the OL this season. Major decline from the first half of the season.

2 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Boltman absolutely needs to be given a legitimate shot at a starter next year, or Zimm.  Maybe if we get a real OC something will change and one of the other guys will get a shot, or Kett will actually be coached up instead of getting worse as the year goes on. 

I think we should have at least got to see what Zimmerman could do. We did see some good things when he came in for Studsrud a few times. Seems it was what the coaches saw in practice with him. But we cant go by that because our HC, OC/QB coach are not good at picking the right QB for the job (Heidelbough). Think one of the games last year Zimm audibled and they play went for positive yards and still got yelled at by Rudy?

3 minutes ago, shep said:

It seems to me that the OC must have the type of QB he wants. Does UND have QBs in the system that a more dynamic OC want? 

Of all the play calls to criticize, for me it's been the QB draw with a relatively slow, not very elusive or quick QB. Just HATED that play call. 

Would love to see a no huddle O from time to time too.  BUT...that's NOT BUBBA ball. 

I agree with the critique of Kett, but what in the world happened to the OL this season. Major decline from the first half of the season.

watch it...do not point out that our o-line is not taht good...might get ugly

40 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

watch it...do not point out that our o-line is not taht good...might get ugly

They were garbage. They only ever looked good against weak competition. Whenever we needed a yard or two and the other team knew we were running it we seemed to get stuffed often.

52 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Joe Beschorner - current OC at Mankato. Never watched one of their games, but he's gotta be a significant upgrade over Rudy. 

Troy Mattern, Kevin Feeney.....either is an upgrade

Someone needs to inform Bubba that a strong defense and a high scoring offense are not mutually exclusive. Read the comments saying UND & NDSU run similar offenses and it's not really accurate. UND runs a middle school offense that is completely straight forward. They win when they have superior athletic talent and that's it. The UND offense does nothing to put the defense at a disadvantage, with personnel, formation, or play calling. 

The moment we are officially out of the playoffs, Bubba needs to announce that Rudy is gone. If he hesitates, Chaves needs to start looking at Bubba buyout options and new HC

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Feff said:

Someone needs to inform Bubba that a strong defense and a high scoring offense are not mutually exclusive. Read the comments saying UND & NDSU run similar offenses and it's not really accurate. UND runs a middle school offense that is completely straight forward. They win when they have superior athletic talent and that's it. The UND offense does nothing to put the defense at a disadvantage, with personnel, formation, or play calling. 

The moment we are officially out of the playoffs, Bubba needs to announce that Rudy is gone. If he hesitates, Chaves needs to start looking at Bubba buyout options and new HC

That was 3 hours ago. 

1 hour ago, shep said:

Was it the oline or Kett and the play calling?   Yesterday Kett had 2 completions over 10 yards and one of those was long screen.  Stack the box, bring pressure and cover wanzek.   That’s it.  Kett doesn’t look at anyone else, even as a look off.

3 hours ago, sprig said:

Not replacing Ket several weeks ago got us to this point and these decisions. Zim/Boltman needed shots long before yesterday

I'm a big believer in team loyalty, but given the consideration these two have been shown throughout the season If I was either of them I would tell Bubba to pound sand.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if they "all" get fired...everyone gets fired...fruend included and baukol too...and every secretary....100% clean slate.

Starting at the top with Bubba.  Bringing in new assistants is going to do nothing.  The entire culture needs a clean reset, and that starts with the HC.  This is the perfect time to do it heading into the MVFC.  They should be saving a substantial amount of travel expense which could be used to buy out Bubba.  Take the hit now, clean house, and put a program in place to compete in the MVFC.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Hopefully some of Kett's issues could be attributed to simple frustration with the man behind the mic in his helmet. That problem is easily solved and should've been taken care of before this season.

Wishful thinking.  His decison making and situational awareness just isn't there.  Instincts don't look good, but I don't disagree with your observation about the OC.

1 hour ago, Feff said:

Missed that, so hopefully we get good news on Monday. 

I don’t think it would a classy move to do that to a guy on a Sunday. Let the guy get back home, have his day off, come into work Monday, and go from there.  I fully expect to hear news tomorrow.

• Upvote 1