SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Sam Houston Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

19 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Probably  the biggest win in UND history in the D1 era  and people are really on here complaining?  Yeah we didn’t do much in the second half till the TD drive. But, we were playing arguably the most successful  team in the FCS in the past decade not named NDSU. They are the 5th ranked team in the FCS and had a 21 game home win streak. We beat a very good football team on the road. Can we just celebrate for 5 mins before the naysayers come on here diminishing a great win?!!

The players and coordinators had a back and forth game, which is what we having been working towards.  Against a top 10 team on the road, it would be really odd for our coordinators to have the upper hand throughout the entire game.  Rudy battled tonight.  With a healthier O-line we would have looked better, too.  On D, the key number of pass rushers seemed to be 4.  I feel I saw this before Schmitty, but we eventually settled in.  If we can continue to pressure and get sacks with 4 rushing I have more confidence against teams spreading us out this season.  Also, we had Harris jamming on the short side and Holm on the wide a lot tonight, seemed to be effective.  As stated after the Washington game, good things happen when you throw deep!!

I agree that Adeoti needs to be on the field for a majority of snaps.   That catch he made wasn't easy.  Just a tad underthrown which allowed the defender to catch up, he had a chance to make a play on that ball, but Izzy held his concentration and made the catch.  That play impressed me and in a high presssure situation as well.  He's been thrown at so little that I didn't really really know what to think about him until now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

I agree that Adeoti needs to be on the field for a majority of snaps.   That catch he made wasn't easy.  Just a tad underthrown which allowed the defender to catch up, he had a chance to make a play on that ball, but Izzy held his concentration and made the catch.  That play impressed me and in a high presssure situation as well.  He's been thrown at so little that I didn't really really know what to think about him until now.

And a sprinkle of McKinny, he can scoot, too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, LeaveNoDoubt said:

Yes we all love the win! Awesome great win but us truthers saw some things that still concern us. Still not a fan of Rudy, we ran a toss so so many times tonight it was like the hb dove, still question a lot of he play calls. Special teams still needs a lot of work. Defense was huge in that second half and Evan Holm stepped up big. Let’s jist keep this momentum going!!

Truthers??  Lol.  Give me a break. 

• Upvote 1

Listened to the post game on radio after the game and  said they were calling out coaches after some of the 3rd qtr plays 

i was surprised by the play call on the last touchdown, wasn’t sure what Rudy would call

you can tell we have some leaders on the team , the running backs by the way they run hard all the time 

don’t take plays off 

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

I said nice win .    Should I coat it with sugar?  

Offense still an issue.  Calling it as I see it.  

Not even close. They have some things to iron out still but they have really showed progress and showed up tonight. That game winning drive is the difference between this team that won and the past teams that have come up a bit short. I thought Rudy called a decent game. I would have liked more running and Izzy on the field. If we would have made a few less mistakes we could have made this game not so close.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

I still want Rudy fired. My God he suck balls.

After actually watching the game I have really hard time with this statement.  The second half issues were far more execution than play calling.  Kett was much better this week but is still really streaky.  He missed a lot of easy throws in the second half including a screen that would have been a pretty big play.  

Who played Left Tackle Today?  

1 minute ago, BigGame said:

After actually watching the game I have really hard time with this statement.  The second half issues were far more execution than play calling.  Kett was much better this week but is still really streaky.  He missed a lot of easy throws in the second half including a screen that would have been a pretty big play.  

Who played Left Tackle Today?  

A true freshman

The defense really came through tonight, but you don’t normally come out on top against a top team if you go a quarter and a half without moving the ball.  Glad they had the cushion, but it isn’t a requirement to run on second down when you have an incomplete pass on first down.  Glad they finally took a few shots down field.