SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Washington Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

21 minutes ago, mooncountry said:

Resurgence? From the toilet bowl to the toilet seat?

LOL yes, pretty much. If you know the story of PV football, they went multiple years without winning a single game. They had once the worst losing streaks in college football in history. They actually wins some games now. When I say resurgence, I don't mean national titles. But they actually win a few games now. Hell, we only won 3 last year.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

You seriously didn’t think we were going to win did you? Whether we lost by 14 or 40 we still played a decent game against a top FBS team. Yeah I wish we would have kept it close but nothing by positive things coming out of this game. 

No

but lost 45-3

down 17-0 at halftime

plenty of opportunity to do better

I’m not the complacent type. If that is type Bubba and staff are, then UND’s ceiling is limited. 

9 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Just like Utah in 2017, which had everyone on here saying they were going to win the PAC-12, UND was lucky to be in the game, etc., I wouldn’t be surprised if Washington only wins 8 or 9 games this year.

Washington is ranked way too high - they aren’t top 10 FBS

I was told that Utah was going to make the FBS playoffs in 2017...

Loved the first half where we really stuck in there. I was really impressed with our play on the line. By the second half I think our D was just gassed. Offense needs to step it up. Partially execution, partially situational play calling.

Santiago is so f$&@ing ridiculous, I will really miss watching him next year. 

Play similar to this week, and make some improvements and adjustments and I like our chances against SHSU. Jon could have a big week and if Oliveira and JJ are healthy I wouldn’t throw near as much next weekend. 

Time for a statement. Didn’t expect it this week given the opponent, but they really did show up and frustrate a top 10 team for a good chunk of the game.

lets do it ...

C8AA137B-AFEF-4A7C-BC29-B6F3F69FA852.png

Both lines played. With a little help from the offense the defense would have finished strong. 

Extremely disappointed with our passing game. Protection was ok. Kett was off today and WRs couldn’t get any separation. I don’t understand bunching three WRs that have the exact skill set. At some point put some speed out there and throw it down the field. 

John was outstanding. What a player. I was disappointed in how JJ ran today. Gotta keep his head up and hit the right hole. 

I thought the dbacks played a pretty good game. They got lost a few times but coverage was tight for the most part and they tackled well in space. 

Would have loved to keep the game closer. 

Should be a great game next week. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

For 3 quarters we were banging with a top 10 FBS team.  If the offense could have come up with a couple of long drives with points it would have been a game til the end. 

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, all the kids would be happy at Christmas...

Fairly impressed with the o line today.  I think the two biggest issues with the team are the lack of speed at wide receiver and missed field goals.  We have the personnel to fix the speed.issue and maybe SHSU will be in for a surprise.  Didn't we have two kickers battling it out in fall camp?  Was the competition close?

Also is it possible to block a particular poster's posts?  Not from the site but for me, so I don't have to read them?

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Yes, there was a HUGE opportunity there today (despite what some novices say).

Needed to have 1) an aggressive mindset going into the game and 2) a competent passing game. UND did not have those two things; thus, they got blown out.

The defense looked quite good though, which is obviously a positive.

Hope you're  not referring to "novices" as people who don't spend their lives showing their importance on message boards. I've been following Sioux football  for 45 years now and seen highs and lows. Travelled across  the country to see a lot of games and had planned on being in Seattle  today. I appreciate your comments on here. Appreciate mine.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bin said:

Hope you're  not referring to "novices" as people who don't spend their lives showing their importance on message boards. I've been following Sioux football  for 45 years now and seen highs and lows. Travelled across  the country to see a lot of games and had planned on being in Seattle  today. I appreciate your comments on here. Appreciate mine.

This

Some people think the more they post the smarter they are. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

This

Some people think the more they post the smarter they are. 

Usually the more someone says, the less they actually know. I think a fair comparison would be someone that sells a product compared to the engineer who designed the product. 

• Upvote 1