SiouxSports.com Forum

New AD posting and hiring process

SiouxVolley

10 hours ago, SiouxFallsSioux/Hawk said:

Mannausau (the good ole boy quota)  - Internal candidate that, 1. has zero experience of 75% of what an AD actually does (only has the fund raising portion) and 2. is down the food chain in the current structure of the department. There is a Deputy and three associate AD's before you get to an Assistant AD. That internal investigation must have been really damaging.

My gut says this guy would deliver phase II in short order.  After money, facilities, coaches, ND Culture, stability, how hard can your other "75%" be?  Most don't know who and how others supported Faison.......not your fault for not knowing.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

My gut says this guy would deliver phase II in short order.  After money, facilities, coaches, ND Culture, stability, how hard can your other "75%" be?  Most don't know who and how others supported Faison.......not your fault for not knowing.

Being that he's already in a position to be working with donors, if he could get the money, then why hasn't he? 

• Upvote 3

Shouldn’t Brekke & Mannausau be working on the donors? That’s their job description right?  Isn’t the President and AD suppose to come in and shake the hands and kiss the babies once those 2 have them signed sealed and delivered. It’s weird. I’ve never once considered who was President or AD when making my contributions to the University it’s athletics.

10 minutes ago, the green team said:

Shouldn’t Brekke & Mannausau be working on the donors? That’s their job description right?  Isn’t the President and AD suppose to come in and shake the hands and kiss the babies once those 2 have them signed sealed and delivered. It’s weird. I’ve never once considered who was President or AD when making my contributions to the University it’s athletics.

Really??

The president, AD, or respective head coach doesn't aid in sealing the deal, huh?

I would guess every big donor considers leadership at the top level when giving.  If a donor doesn't believe in leadership, that's a problem.

44 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Guessing Faison?

Well not just the guy, but the perceived lack of giving a crap about ND.  My guess is Faison will be harder to find than Keyser Soze after he walks away.  And you might drop your coffee mug, too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Well not just the guy, but the perceived lack of giving a crap about ND.  My guess is Faison will be harder to find than Keyser Soze after he walks away.  And you might drop your coffee mug, too.

Let me guess, you didn’t stand at clap at the fan luncheon today. Classy.  Butthurt much?  

4 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

He must of told you too that he never cared about North Dakota.  I know that’s what he said to me:silly:

2 minutes ago, the green team said:

He must of told you too that he never cared about North Dakota.  I know that’s what he said to me:silly:

You probably bought a Kirby Vacuum from the door to door salesman cause you took him at his word.

Check back in a few years-

11 minutes ago, the green team said:

Let me guess, you didn’t stand at clap at the fan luncheon today. Classy.  Butthurt much?  

If I did attend I would have stood and clapped.  Nothing against Faison as a person.  He meant well, did some good things, but just missing something for me.  Met and spoke with him several times.  Sat in the away suite at a FB game with him for a half.  I have high expectations,  he didn't quite meet them.  He is at the end of his career, time to move ahead.

• Upvote 3

On 1/4/2018 at 6:58 PM, TRex said:

I have to wonder why he wants out of EWU?   We would be more of a lateral move than a step up, really.   I really have to wonder how much he understands about hockey?    We all know that's the horse that leads the cart around here.   At this point I'm not sure I like any of them.

If you hire someone with the innate skills to do the job and no experience, in 5 years you will have a stellar employee. If you hire someone without the needed skills and 20 years experience, in 5 years you will have an employee with 25 years experience.

What would the longevity be with some of these applicants? A few years? Maybe less...

Mike deserves a chance.... he is here and committed to UND. In health care we call this “growing your own.” Our school system has done this with the superintendent position and we could not be happier.  I hope Mike is considered and can advance UND’s mission.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

If I did attend I would have stood and clapped.  Nothing against Faison as a person.  He meant well, did some good things, but just missing something for me.  Met and spoke with him several times.  Sat in the away suite at a FB game with him for a half.  I have high expectations,  he didn't quite meet them.  He is at the end of his career, time to move ahead.

I fully agree with each of gundy's comments in the previous few posts including the one above.  Faison did a lot of very good things but he did very little to solidify relationships with fans/donors.  In fact, he was often aloof and "chose" not to speak to donors when given the opportunity.  I have witnessed this more than once.

A personable, genuine AD who understands the importance of fundraising will help generate a lot more $ for the athletic department. 

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

I fully agree with each of gundy's comments in the previous few posts including the one above.  Faison did a lot of very good things but he did very little to solidify relationships with fans/donors.  In fact, he was often aloof and "chose" not to speak to donors when given the opportunity.  I have witnessed this more than once.

A personable, genuine AD who understands the importance of fundraising will help generate a lot more $ for the athletic department. 

Remember how awesome Tom Bunning was at that?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I find it interesting everyone's opinion of which candidate would be the best choice. Has everyone forgotten our past selection process.

Fighting Hawks name. 

President Kennedy.

It doesn' matter what we think, our opinions are not considered.  Which begs the question,  who runs the asylum. 

• Upvote 1