SiouxSports.com Forum

FIRE RUDOLPH

geaux_sioux

3 hours ago, shep said:

And Agnew seems good for our RB's. I think RB is the last coach to replace.

I wasn't thinking of firing Agnew.  Maurice seems to be a good coach though.  No reason both couldn't be on staff. 

The context, however, was in regard to cleaning house and taking ewu people.  And someone said they didn't want us to have a run and gun style, I'm assuming, similar to the muss years.  

2018 ewu isnt that.  And Maurice wouldnt be that either.

7 hours ago, nodak651 said:

I wasn't thinking of firing Agnew.  Maurice seems to be a good coach though.  No reason both couldn't be on staff. 

The context, however, was in regard to cleaning house and taking ewu people.  And someone said they didn't want us to have a run and gun style, I'm assuming, similar to the muss years.  

2018 ewu isnt that.  And Maurice wouldnt be that either.

That makes sense.

But if there is a coaching change, it sure seems wise to me to head south and take one of the guys on that team. I believe Klieman was in line last time.

10 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Who said FB is just a game?

Have any of you had a good nights sleep since THE BALL GAME? 

A small sample pool from the posters responded, with results of 50/50. Maybe the Team (players/coaches) share the same results?

These games are played very seriously and have become a swing of highs and lows. There is talent on this team and hopefully the coaches are close to getting it harnessed. The last two games each ended on the results of our last possession. We need to have the game in control before then. I'm thinking the players are proud to be here, work hard, and believe in our coaches. The coaches must get us to play consistently through out the game, one game at a time.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

This was not the game to go all out bitching on Rudy. He had zero weapons left after Maag pulled his hammy or whatever.  They had two wideouts playing that have never, ever played before. 

But overall I understand.

Then with 4 minutes left if you have no wideouts, just run the ball. Don't try tossing it out to your h-back that really hasn't caught anything all year. That's not a high percentage play. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

This was not the game to go all out bitching on Rudy. He had zero weapons left after Maag pulled his hammy or whatever.  They had two wideouts playing that have never, ever played before. 

But overall I understand.

I blame the Santiago injury on the coaching staff.   As much as he was probably advocating to get in the game ....no way he should of seen the field against sac.   That was easy peasy kindergarten level decisions and unfortunately a kindergarten decision was made to play him. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

I blame the Santiago injury on the coaching staff.   As much as he was probably advocating to get in the game ....no way he should of seen the field against sac.   That was easy peasy kindergarten level decisions and unfortunately a kindergarten decision was made to play him. 

What about him playing against Montana when the game was well in hand?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

It’s similar to how they had Holm play too soon last year and he made it worse and was out for the rest of the year.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

It’s similar to how they had Holm play too soon last year and he made it worse and was out for the rest of the year.

Didn’t you say on another thread how having All American RBs should help recruit replacements?  You also played in college correct?  If you get the green light from the training staff, you play.  

Lots of blame to go around.  Not sure this is one.  Depth is thin.  This staff is playing to win.  Play the best players that are available. 

8 hours ago, homer said:

Didn’t you say on another thread how having All American RBs should help recruit replacements?  You also played in college correct?  If you get the green light from the training staff, you play.  

Lots of blame to go around.  Not sure this is one.  Depth is thin.  This staff is playing to win.  Play the best players that are available. 

With the RBs we have it was totally unnecessary to put John back in when they did. He was clearly still not himself. He should have had more time off to get completely right. We didn’t need him against a shity Sac team.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, F'n Hawks said:

The fact that Rudolph was hired in the first place is the thing that has always puzzled me. Only D2 experience before here and not even that sucesssful at that level. 

This is a very good point. Bubba dropped the ball on this hire from the start.

• Upvote 1