SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday vs Utah

geaux_sioux

Just now, Nodak78 said:

I would bet he get a qtr or more next week.  build more confidence.

I sure hope we are in that position. Overall, my biggest takeaway from tonight is our O-Line looks like they will be fine. Not going to look into limited run yards, so much as decent pass protection against a really good defense.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I  know it has been brief, but Brad just doesn't make me feel confident if something happens to Studs.

And due to Studs continuing inability to pass to anyone other than the first guy he focuses on when he leaves the huddle, I'm not too concerned about him getting injured. He just doesn't see ANYONE ELSE, EVER.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

This game could've been closer, and, dare I say it, UND could've threatened to win if they could've converted red zone opportunities to touchdowns and play better 3rd down defense.

UND needs to get more explosive in the offensive passing game (c'mon offensive staff AND players)

running game was non-existent; Utah is good but UND needs to get more push than what they showed

UND needs to improve greatly in the red zone 

UNDs passing defense with the young corners has a ways to go

Next two non-Conference games are definitely winnable; UND needs to execute and get the job done against Missouri State and South Dakota. 

• Upvote 1

Big positive: D kept play in front of them for the most part. They allowed 0 huge (50+yd) plays. The were a lot of bad angles taken by the secondary, but mostly the team rallied around the football to avoid the long TDs. 

The one turnover was a ball that should be caught by Mercur. 

Overall, I'm excited to be in the Alerus next week!

• Upvote 3

und played a great team and played a good game...lb's need to get some push but the o-line and d-lines did well...playing against a qb like that won't happen again this year.

sticking with my 8-3 prediction but i saw enough to think maybe switch it up to 9-2

just wish bubba didn't channel his inner mussman and punt like mussy did against fresno

fresno punt>utah punt

Just now, UteFan said:

ND played well. Coached well, good sportsmanship and tough as nails.  I saw at least 3,000 fans in the corner. Liked the green helmets. Looked sharp.  Hope your team wins the next 13. 

Good luck to your squad.  I would have liked to see more from UND, but it just wasn't in the cards tonight.