SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Faceoff 2017

IowaSioux24

Hey gang, I just received my Frozen Faceoff tickets in the mail today. I posted a thread a week or so ago but wanted to mention it here that I have two seats for sale. These are for all four games. I paid $290 for them but will sell them for $275. My wife and I will be there but my folks cannot due to health issues. These are commemorative tickets and come with coupons for venue snacks and tournament swag. Section 113, Row Y, seats 1 and 2. They're very close to the concourse. If you or anyone you know is interested, please feel free to contact me.

My number is 701-335-9035.

thanks, 

Dan Maddock

I also just got Frozen Faceoff tickets in the mail.  Four sets.  The only thing is, I didn't buy them.  I can't find a charge on any of my credit cards, but here they are with my name on them.  Not only that, but they also had the wrong address on the FedEx envelope.  It was a house number down the street so my neighbor brought them over.

Has this happened to anybody else?

52 minutes ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

I also just got Frozen Faceoff tickets in the mail.  Four sets.  The only thing is, I didn't buy them.  I can't find a charge on any of my credit cards, but here they are with my name on them.  Not only that, but they also had the wrong address on the FedEx envelope.  It was a house number down the street so my neighbor brought them over.

Tickets will be so abundant without UND being there, that they are just giving tickets away!

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

May I suggest wandering out and buying a few Powerball tickets too?  Talk about blind luck!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

Maybe your significant other is really REALLY thoughtful!

14 hours ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

If you wanted to send them to me, I'd have no problem with taking them off your hands :p

Also, for anyone who is going, on Friday, after 6 pm, buses and light rails are free.  Happy St. Patrick's Day!

https://www.metrotransit.org/free-rides-lucky-you-

3 hours ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

I contacted Target Center and it turns out it was another person with the same name as me.  They said they recently switched ticketing systems and in the process my account and his must have gotten merged together incorrectly.  The strange thing is, instead of Target Center canceling the tickets I had and reissuing new ones, or having me send them back to Target Center, he actually had me send them directly to the guy who bought them.  Unfortunately, it was a Hermantown, MN address, so likely a UMD fan.

Oh well, he's the one who paid $525.  He should get the tickets.

You get an "A"

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

I contacted Target Center and it turns out it was another person with the same name as me.  They said they recently switched ticketing systems and in the process my account and his must have gotten merged together incorrectly.  The strange thing is, instead of Target Center canceling the tickets I had and reissuing new ones, or having me send them back to Target Center, he actually had me send them directly to the guy who bought them.  Unfortunately, it was a Hermantown, MN address, so likely a UMD fan.

Oh well, he's the one who paid $525.  He should get the tickets.

+1 for you, but if I could -100 for Target Center, I would.  "Hey, buddy, mind paying for a stamp and mailing them to the correct guy yourself?  Thanks!"

How about TC giving you complimentary tickets to a Timberwolves game for being honest and calling to inquire about the mix-up?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

+1 for you, but if I could -100 for Target Center, I would.  "Hey, buddy, mind paying for a stamp and mailing them to the correct guy yourself?  Thanks!"

How about TC giving you complimentary tickets to a Timberwolves game for being honest and calling to inquire about the mix-up?

yeah, I'm thinking that type of sentiment would be lost on the marketing geniuses over at Target Center.

• Upvote 1

On 2/28/2017 at 6:32 PM, BigGreyAnt41 said:

Leave them on your windshield and someone might put some more there.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I guess I didn't add that I didn't have to pay to send them. Target Center paid for the shipping costs.

As for Timberwolves tickets, I wouldn't waste my time going to an NBA game, but something like a discount on my own Frozen Faceoff tickets would have been a nice consolation.

On 2/27/2017 at 10:44 PM, Sioux>Bison said:

Obviously there are a ton of bars around but I do like the aspect of there being a Sioux fan gathering. I just want to find a Sioux gathering that is less crowded.

If you walk into the bar on Friday, it might be hard to tell if it's a Sioux fan, or just some drunken Irish wanna-be dressed in green and white.  

18 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Don't they already do this across the metro?  ;)

Anyone else notice on the brackets released for the NCHC tournament that game times for the Frozen Faceoff will be determined by the commissioner.  Is this a first?  Are we seeing the beginning of a UMN type ;)rule that they had for the Final 5?

53 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

Anyone else notice on the brackets released for the NCHC tournament that game times for the Frozen Faceoff will be determined by the commissioner.  Is this a first?  Are we seeing the beginning of a UMN type ;)rule that they had for the Final 5?

It's been that way since the beginning from what I remember.