SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SCSU - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

Definitely can't pick UND to win at this stage but will be in 110 as usual cheering and hoping for a victory.

............and I'm putting AZSIOUX on notice as official game thread starter if UND gets swept.

It's a given Jost won't play. I expect someone not named Rinks in net. Smith needs to play. Wolanin needs to sit.

Absolutely no wiggle room left.  And if Wolanin mishandles one more puck at the blue line, UND may get a too many men penalty because I may be on the ice pounding him with a stick.  I have doubts about how that will go, but enough is enough.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Siouxman said:

Absolutely no wiggle room left.  And if Wolanin mishandles one more puck at the blue line, UND may get a too many men penalty because I may be on the ice pounding him with a stick.  I have doubts about how that will go, but enough is enough.

giphy.gif

It's likely to be a 2:00 5 x 3 then as @Wilbur will likely be out on the ice there with you!  

1 hour ago, Siouxman said:

:lol:

You can see that he's in his own head. Extremely uncomfortable playing hockey right now is the only way I can think to put it.

4 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

You can see that he's in his own head. Extremely uncomfortable playing hockey right now is the only way I can think to put it.

They are all pressing now with the lack of scoring and overthinking on their shots.  Agreed that Wolanin is thinking too much rather than just playing the game and is not concentrating on handling the puck.  

35 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I can also say that he reads twitter too much.  I was blocked a few weeks back after I had a message that was critical of his play(which wasn't a message to him, didn't have his @wolanin or whatever it is, just mentioned his name).  Get your head out of twitter and into the game.  Ever since he was player of week for Omaha weekend, his play and the teams for that matter has stunk. 

1 minute ago, ringneck28 said:

I can also say that he reads twitter too much.  I was blocked a few weeks back after I had a message that was critical of his play(which wasn't a message to him, didn't have his @wolanin or whatever it is, just mentioned his name).  Get your head out of twitter and into the game.  Ever since he was player of week for Omaha weekend, his play and the teams for that matter has stunk. 

Several players read twitter too much.

To avoid them seeing it (this is for their own good), you just put their number instead of their name. Because they will find it otherwise. 

6 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Several players read twitter too much.

To avoid them seeing it (this is for their own good), you just put their number instead of their name. Because they will find it otherwise. 

In all reality, it they read anything, they are not doing what the coaches tell them.  I do see what you say about #'s though.

14 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

I really am disappointed that they keep putting Wolanin in.  Is there something I am missing here?  We have other D men that can play, right?

Why? Wolanin has the 2nd best plus minus behind Pooly for defenseman and he's a good power play guy and provides a lot of offense. Sure he'll turn it over once in awhile it's part of the game but this team needs as much offense as they can get and Wolanin needs to be in the lineup.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1