SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

14 hours ago, UND1981 said:

I enjoyed the Hennessy interview with Pat "the rat" Micheletti on Saturday night.  He slammed Lucia for letting Gersich get away from the Gophers.  "If he were the gophers coach, Gersich would be playing for UM". 

I really doubt it, since Gersich said he wanted to be a UND players since he was a little kid. 

1 hour ago, DaveK said:

What is this validation that you speak of? I need no such thing, I just enjoy calling out the stupidity and arrogance of others who deserve to be put in their place. It has absolutely nothing to do with validation whatsoever, but if thinking that make you feel better about yourself then by all means you keep trying to convince yourself that's what it is.

Wow! Delusions of Grandeur. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Goon said:

I really doubt it, since Gersich said he wanted to be a UND players since he was a little kid. 

I doubt this too. At UND you have better odds of playing for a national title than Minnesota in the last 10 years and current.  It's a fact. In addition, Shane won a natty as freshie. He wouldn't have it any other way. Well, minus him getting mono last year. 

I and a lot of MN players would never play for Lucia. 

No collegiate athletic conference – in any sport – can top the impressive list of national scale accomplishments of the WCHA. Since 1951, teams representing this Association have earned a record 37 men's national championships and finished as the national runner-up another 27 times. - See more at: http://wcha.com/men/wcha/index.php#sthash.MMHSNCn3.dpuf

But DaveK said the B1G has won the most national titles, I guess those are "alternative facts" that you speak DaveK.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, DaveK said:

The season doesn't end today. At least one of those three teams will most likely drop in the PWR between now and the end of the season. Another factor to keep in mind is the less than stellar record of 1 seeds vs. 4 seeds in regional play. NCHC arrogance never ceases to amaze me.

DaveK gets a plus 1 for working "arrogance" into his post.  If he can get "delusional" in there he should get another point!

On 1/28/2017 at 10:57 AM, MafiaMan said:

One poster on GPL suggested the reason this tournament failed is because SCSU, UMD, Bemidji State, and Mankato State did a poor job of marketing it and in bringing in fans.  

You have got to be kidding me. I have some real big gopher fan buddies who live in the cities. They say it's not promoted at all there. Nothing. Zippo. Listening to Micheletti the other day and he said they should of named it the MinnKota Cup and had UND and all 5 Minny teams in it. If promoted right I think that it could work. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

You have got to be kidding me. I have some real big gopher fan buddies who live in the cities. They say it's not promoted at all there. Nothing. Zippo. Listening to Micheletti the other day and he said they should of named it the MinnKota Cup and had UND and all 5 Minny teams in it. If promoted right I think that it could work. 

They should turn it into the NCHC/Big Ten challenge. Have UND, Duluth, Wisco, and the goofs.

• Upvote 1

Just now, DaveK said:
  • Michigan - 9
  • Wisconsin - 6
  • Minnesota - 5
  • Michigan State - 3

9+6+5+3 = 23

and then some moron will chime in with "Yeah but, they won those titles when they were members of the WCHA/CCHA..."

To which I will reply...

I DON'T CARE!!! THEY'RE IN THE BIG TEN NOW, THEREFORE THE SCHOOLS THAT MAKE UP THE BIG TEN HAVE 23 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS. END OF ARGUMENT, I WIN.

But the WCHA won 37.

For someone who is 46 you sure act like a 6 year old.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, DaveK said:
  • Michigan - 9
  • Wisconsin - 6
  • Minnesota - 5
  • Michigan State - 3

9+6+5+3 = 23

and then some moron will chime in with "Yeah but, they won those titles when they were members of the WCHA/CCHA..."

To which I will reply...

I DON'T CARE!!! THEY'RE IN THE BIG TEN NOW, THEREFORE THE SCHOOLS THAT MAKE UP THE BIG TEN HAVE 23 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS. END OF ARGUMENT, I WIN.

DaveK did you forget to take your medication this past week or so?

1 minute ago, DaveK said:

Relax dude! Stop being so overly sensitive and easily agitated by everything that I post!

You do realize this message board stuff is just fun and games, purely for the sake of entertainment. If my posts bother you so much do yourself a huge favor : stop reading them and stop replying to them.

Dave, did you and your wife give birth to a baby gopher by chance?

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 7:26 PM, DaveK said:

The season doesn't end today. At least one of those three teams will most likely drop in the PWR between now and the end of the season. Another factor to keep in mind is the less than stellar record of 1 seeds vs. 4 seeds in regional play. NCHC arrogance never ceases to amaze me.

WT*?  How was his statement "arrogance" when he's simply stating a potential (albeit not a given) fact?  Arrogance defined is Goofers hockey, look it up. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 8:59 PM, DaveK said:

Nothing to be inferior about. The schools that make up that conference own more national championships than the schools that make up any other conference.

Yah, thx to Mich winning 9 natties with vast majority 40+ years ago (like Gofer football natties but gotta go back 1/2+ to 3/4 century ago).  

• Upvote 1