SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

3 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Still got bumped, you know if that was a UND goalie everyone would be calling for goalie interference.

The OSU defenseman helped push him along the way too.

5:00 major against UW if that's "The 'Horn" in between the pipes though.

Just now, MafiaMan said:

The OSU defenseman helped push him along the way too.

5:00 major against OSU if that's "The 'Horn" in between the pipes though.

The Horn would act like he got shot.

I thought it was a good goal, but I could see why it would not count also. These are B1G refs.

On 1/27/2017 at 9:01 PM, DaveK said:

Don't be silly. The three remaining are all going to be there.

As of today, only two of them are in.  And there are 4 NCHC teams in.

Ohio State plays 12 more games, half of which are against teams ranked 38th or below.

They showed last weekend that they can lose to anyone, so they better hope they can at least split against MN and Wisco and not drop any games to Mich or Mich State.

1 hour ago, southpaw said:

As of today, only two of them are in.  And there are 4 NCHC teams in.

Ohio State plays 12 more games, half of which are against teams ranked 38th or below.

They showed last weekend that they can lose to anyone, so they better hope they can at least split against MN and Wisco and not drop any games to Mich or Mich State.

Penn State starts losing they fall quickly.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, cberkas said:

Penn State starts losing they fall quickly.

Remember the three factors in RPI*:
Your winning pct; your opponents' winning pct; and your opponent's opponent's winning pct. 

You can have a good RPI by (a) winning a lot against mediocre teams playing mediocre teams or (b) you can win a majority of your games against great competition. 

If you're doing it by method (a) you have to keep winning (keep your win pct high) or else your bad competition starts to shine through. 

*Yes, they've added some "wiggle factors" on those for home versus road wins, etc. But the primary influences remain those three. 

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sports/hockey/4208194-matt-wellens-column-dont-blame-fans-north-star-college-cup-burning-out

I believe it failed because of the arrogance of Minnesota and FSN only caring about one team in Minnesota. Minnesota's charity to help out the other schools was just a dog and pony show to line their pockets and give everyone else less money. I see why Duluth and St. Cloud made agreements to play a series every year with Minnesota, so they could make money they lost with playing in the NSCC.

Hockey Day Minnesota should have a game between the Gophers and one of the other Minnesota D1 teams, but no let's not do anything for the fans of college hockey in Minnesota.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, cberkas said:

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sports/hockey/4208194-matt-wellens-column-dont-blame-fans-north-star-college-cup-burning-out

I believe it failed because of the arrogance of Minnesota and FSN only caring about one team in Minnesota. Minnesota's charity to help out the other schools was just a dog and pony show to line their pockets and give everyone else less money. I see why Duluth and St. Cloud made agreements to play a series every year with Minnesota, so they could make money they lost with playing in the NSCC.

Hockey Day Minnesota should have a game between the Gopher and one of the other Minnesota D1 teams, but no let's not do anything for the fans of college hockey in Minnesota.

No, Hockey Day Minnesota should have a game between a rotating schedule of Minnesota teams.  Sometimes Gophers vs. somebody else.  Sometimes Bulldogs vs. Huskies.  Sometimes Beavers vs. Mavericks.  It's not "Hockey Day Minneapolis", it's "Minnesota".  The host the outdoor games all over the state, why shouldn't they recognize the other college teams, as well?  And I can't imagine it would be too hard to coordinate to make sure it's a game involving two Minnesota teams.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Hockey Day Minnesota should have a game between the Gopher and one of the other Minnesota D1 teams, but no let's not do anything for the fans of college hockey in Minnesota.

The master minds of the North Star College Cup thought that this tournament was going to be just like the WCHA Final 5 of old.  I honestly think that.  While it was a good idea, trying to recreate the atmosphere and excitement of a post season conference tournament with a non conference tournament was going to be very difficult to do. 

• Upvote 4