SiouxSports.com Forum

NDUS Budget Cuts (changed name to be system-wide)

Cratter

2 hours ago, Kab said:

Was this at the request of the governor, if it is  true why has it been so quiet

They need to change the name of NDUS to USND

the first is too much like ndsu 

Reporters don't know how numbers work and they've been distracted by book bans, transgender hormone bans, and other juicy cultural issues.

48 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

When UND was really cutting in 2017 the state didn't have any money either, so no.  They did give UND an extra $2 million in 2019 to get the law school on track.

What was the reason for that?  Accreditation?

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Reporters don't know ...

You could've stopped there.

Back in the day I was voted 'spokes-dude' for a group to media. (I learned never miss a meeting when they're picking).

I told a reporter the issue we were having would by ND Century Code go to mediation. They dutifully nodded along, then asked, "Mediation, I get that, but what's the Century Code? Where do I find that?" 

@PCM had to talk me down after that one and explain that most reporters in this region are fresh-out-of-school clueless college kids. There are exceptions; Tu-Uyen Tran was one; he was exceptional from the start. 

15 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

You could've stopped there.

Back in the day I was voted 'spokes-dude' for a group to media. (I learned never miss a meeting when they're picking).

I told a reporter the issue we were having would by ND Century Code go to mediation. They dutifully nodded along, then asked, "Mediation, I get that, but what's the Century Code? Where do I find that?" 

@PCM had to talk me down after that one and explain that most reporters in this region are fresh-out-of-school clueless college kids. There are exceptions; Tu-Uyen Tran was one; he was exceptional from the start. 

And after the gutting of the UND School of Journalism, most aren't from ND anymore, so good luck having any local knowledge. 

26 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Hopefully it's full-time for just a year or 2.  Not sure what a repatriation professional would do once there are no more remains to repatriate.

Let me introduce you to this magic thing called "public sector employment."

Woody--Buzz_Toy-Story.jpg

Pretty rare that once these hires are established they willingly relinquish their "need"

Much more likely they just continue to find ways to evolve the focus to keep the grift going.

I need to find ways to be compensated for the perception of the past in today's worldview.

• 4 months later...

NDSU can't catch a break:

- enrollment down again (down 290 this fall 2023)
- now a discrimination allegation and another (female, vice provost) firing questioned by the faculty

Erin Gillam, a biological sciences professor, said the termination is an example of why this administration and the previous one do not have a good record for treatment of female administrators.

But regarding the firing of Bilen-Green ... was it with cause ... 

Matthew Hammer, an assistant attorney general working on NDSU’s behalf, went so far as to say in a memo to President David Cook that the office led by Bilen-Green “is purposely misleading you.”

Dr. Cook has another mess (budgets, now this) to clean up and he's been there barely a year. I almost feel sorry for the guy ... almost. 

https://www.inforum.com/news/fargo/ndsu-documents-praise-ousted-female-vice-provost-but-also-criticize-her-handling-of-discrimination-case 

• Upvote 1

You know it's really bad when NDSU's PR wing (ForumComm) is actually reporting on a real news story that is not good for NDSU. 

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/north-dakota/current-former-ndsu-employees-allege-pattern-of-unequal-treatment-of-female-administrators 

It's like these guys (Bresciani, then Bertolini, then Cook) are trying to "hold my beer" one up each other on questionable (horrible PR) moves. 

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

You know it's really bad when NDSU's PR wing (ForumComm) is actually reporting on a real news story that is not good for NDSU. 

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/north-dakota/current-former-ndsu-employees-allege-pattern-of-unequal-treatment-of-female-administrators

Very solid journalism. What a headache for NDSU.  

7 minutes ago, AJS said:

... What a headache for NDSU.  

I'd call it a self-inflicted wound.
Worse? Done three times over (Bresciani, Bertolini, Cook). 

And giving a golden parachute to Bresciani just adds to the terrible look of the matter. Bresciani should walk away. He got what he really wanted: a sugar mama. You remember the one: the NDSU Foundation board member (conflict of interest?) whose email he used to avoid FOIA requests