SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Michigan - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

8 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

I'm not a great hockey mind by any means but I thought at least thru 2 periods tonight Boeser did not look sharp.  Seemed every time I noticed him with the puck he made a poor pass that was picked off or simply lost the puck.  I could be wrong...

As much as he has meant to this team, I'd be delighted if he decided there were things he still needs to work on before taking the next step.

29 minutes ago, burd said:

As much as he has meant to this team, I'd be delighted if he decided there were things he still needs to work on before taking the next step.

He looked like he was tired, didn't have that same jump in his step.  I have a hunch he will show up big time in Tampa.

1 minute ago, yzerman19 said:

lame...from what I've seen, I think UND and DU are the two best in the country...you have to re-seed...

Agree. When do they announce who plays in the semis at 5 and 830?

16 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:
18 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

That'd be the opposite of this weekend. 

I agree.  I just feel if they want the most viewers 8:30 east coast is too late on a Thursday, when it could be BC vs. Quin/Lowell.   5 pm is more reasonable,  then 7:30 central for UND vs. Denver/Ferris. 

Watching the ESPN highlights, they just said we were North Dakota State. A week or so ago, they were talking about NDSU and used our interlocking ND. How difficult is it to do just a little research to figure out which school is which. They've done this for years!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ringneck28 said:

Isn't it 4 and 7:30 game times?

Ok I was possibly wrong. You were possibly right.  CHN lists game times as 3 and 6:30 central. USCHO and the NCAA site list them at 4 and 7:30 central.  I guess we'll find out tomorrow night for sure when the SIOUX play.

5 hours ago, NoDakFan said:

Watching the ESPN highlights, they just said we were North Dakota State. A week or so ago, they were talking about NDSU and used our interlocking ND. How difficult is it to do just a little research to figure out which school is which. They've done this for years!

Hey.  We've been getting credit for Carson Wentz, so fair is fair. 

Mentioning on air "talent", who were those buffoons for the UND game last night?

The play by play guy had "UMass" playing "Lowell" in OT last night. And it seemed like he'd maybe done three hockey games before this weekend.

The color guy? He sounded like he was 10 years old and had just gotten his maize and blue t-shirt and official membership card to the Junior Woofies club. He only acknowledged UND was in the game, much less dominating large chunks, after UND went up late. 

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Mentioning on air "talent", who were those buffoons for the UND game last night?

The play by play guy had "UMass" playing "Lowell" in OT last night. And it seemed like he'd maybe done three hockey games before this weekend.

The color guy? He sounded like he was 10 years old and had just gotten his maize and blue t-shirt and official membership card to the Junior Woofies club. He only acknowledged UND was in the game, much less dominating large chunks, after UND went up late. 

Cohen was the color guy. Just terrible..... especially when he made reference about teams fearing the UND logo.

WE DON'T HAVE A LOGO!!!

• Upvote 1

The more I know about hockey, the less I like announcers.  If any play has a good shift, they throw a bunch of adjectives and cliques that may or may not hit the mark, definitely not doing homework...   the following play both with your eyes and listening makes you want to hit the mute button.  Hopefully they can clone Doc Emeric, would put hockey on another level... (dang it , another stupid clique)