SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2016 Edition

AZSIOUX

On 6/21/2016 at 10:34 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

Which brings up another interesting point.  We read all the time how former players sign these big contracts.  Curious to see how loyal they are in the area of donating back to the University that gave them the opportunity to better their career.  Now I am not talking about guys like Nick who get their rookie deal.  I'm talking about the Toews or Parise's out there that sign tens of million dollar contacts.  Is that something that is public info?  Or can a guy like Parise make an anonymous donation to the athletic department (specifically hockey)?

I've heard hockey is one of our worst sports for athletes donating.

5 hours ago, tho0505 said:

London Knights acquire the OHL rights to Jack Roslovic of Miami.   Looks like they are coming for him. 

They'll get him.  Trade would not have happened otherwise.  Tough loss for Miami.  Kid was probably only going to be around 1/2 more years anyways.

24 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

They'll get him.  Trade would not have happened otherwise.  Tough loss for Miami.  Kid was probably only going to be around 1/2 more years anyways.

London only gave a 7th round pick for his rights. 

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

London only gave a 7th round pick for his rights. 

London is the dirtiest team in the league....they do this every year that's why they are always so good.  Jack will get to play with Tkuchuk (sp?).  I would be shocked if he didnt leave.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

London is the dirtiest team in the league....they do this every year that's why they are always so good.  Jack will get to play with Tkuchuk (sp?).  I would be shocked if he didnt leave.

How are they dirty? That isn't a dirty move to trade for draft rights of a high end player playing in college. It only gives them the rights to start the discussions. Portland (WHL) does it often and I believe Calgary (WHL) did the same thing to then talk to former Sioux Tambellini.   Potential high end draft picks from ages 17-19 will always be flight risks to the CHL (WHL, OHL, QMJHL), especially when they aren't seeing much ice time / play on poor teams.  

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

Wouldn't Roslovic benefit more there then Miami?

Probably given that Miami may not be that good this year, but that's not the point.  Had he gone there from the start I'd be fine with it.  I hate to see guys bail on their teams, no way he plays in the NHL this coming year.  To double back on my "probably comment" I am not entirely sure.  It would be fun for him to play with Tkuchuk however playing at Miami with Belpedio, Anthony Louis, and Will Knierem would be fun too.  He's going to see a ton of ice next year and have to carry his team, that leads to experience.  Neither route will guarantee him a better shot at playing in the NHL.

Also, I would like for our conference to be tough (top to bottom), losing Roslovic would be a killer for Miami.

29 minutes ago, tho0505 said:

How are they dirty? That isn't a dirty move to trade for draft rights of a high end player playing in college. It only gives them the rights to start the discussions. Portland (WHL) does it often and I believe Calgary (WHL) did the same thing to then talk to former Sioux Tambellini.   Potential high end draft picks from ages 17-19 will always be flight risks to the CHL (WHL, OHL, QMJHL), especially when they aren't seeing much ice time / play on poor teams.  

Go on twitter and there are many folks giving examples, I'm not going to get into it.  Also, I'm not talking about trading draft rights.  As of now, I'm assuming he's going.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cberkas said:

BC looses another, Zachary Sanford signs with the Capitals. BC lost 7 players early this season.

York used to be able to keep 1st rounders three years....boy did it all come crashing down this year.

18 hours ago, cberkas said:

BC looses another, Zachary Sanford signs with the Capitals. BC lost 7 players early this season.

I guess we really can't complain; winning a title and losing 5 early (no one and done).

I have a feeling you'll see Boston U in this same predicament next year... 

8 hours ago, tho0505 said:

I guess we really can't complain; winning a title and losing 5 early (no one and done).

I have a feeling you'll see Boston U in this same predicament next year... 

I am still not convinced they won't lose one or two of their freshman class. Clayton Keller was drafted by Windsor Spitfires of the OHL. That's one of those teams that goes hard after their draftees. They're also hosting the Memorial Cup