SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS @ Western Mich - SATURDAY

AZSIOUX

Didn't play perfect by any means but a solid win again tonight. Hafner really kept them in this one as it could have easily turned into a 5-1 type game. Overcame some horrible officiating I think they called 3 penalties on Gersich and I don't think any of them were legitimate calls meanwhile Western Michigan got away with a bunch of holding and interference throughout the game. Off week should give everybody a chance to regroup and heal up a little for the stretch run.

38 minutes ago, Fighting Sioux Hockey said:

One of the announcers on ASN is Pat Micheletti, former Gopher, that could be why they are biased.

Pat the Rat was perfectly fine as an announcer ... he complimented UND throughout the game.

That guy could play.  Pretty much hated him.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

Considering the guys missing, it being at a tough place to play.......I think this was a hell of an accomplishment.

Thank you!  What was the stat Schlossman gave on the only teams to sweep in Kalamazoo in the past whatever is St. Cloud and UND, and doing it without the guys left at home and Stecher in the 3rd, and people are talking about negatives.  Blows my mind, and apparently Schlossman's as well.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, burd said:

WM seems to have decent speed, good size and hustle, but they lack the skill to convert

WM is a big, slow team but they played really hard tonight after getting rocked by St. Cloud last week.  The ice looked soft, and that makes it hard for us to come up with any breakouts.  Being down top players kept us on our heels with mixed lines and Stecher out in the third.  Gardner also sat a bit of the third, but was out there to win some faceoffs.  Gritty road win, all in all.  The team did what it took to win.  Simo set up a great Gersich goal, and Brock sniped one when it counted.  Six points on the road is a good weekend any time.

GO SIOUX!!

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, tnt said:

Thank you!  What was the stat Schlossman gave on the only teams to sweep in Kalamazoo in the past whatever is St. Cloud and UND, and doing it without the guys left at home and Stecher in the 3rd, and people are talking about negatives.  Blows my mind, and apparently Schlossman's as well.

I think SCSU and UND are the only teams to win at Lawson this year. Definitely not an easy place to go in and sweep.

6 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Mr. Cam Johnson had a quietly spectacular game. The one that got by him was one he couldn't stop and all the rest he did. Wow! Just a great game.

He had two great games.  As a matter of fact, he has been hot all season.

• Upvote 2