SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS @ Western Mich - SATURDAY

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

UND will play two series against Omaha every season since they are our conference "rival". Denver has CC, SCSU with UMD, and Miami with WMU so we get Omaha.

Sorry, I typed Omaha but meant St. Cloud for this year. I believe that you are correct about the rivals and UND will miss the others once every 3 years.

4 hours ago, sprig said:

. No Shep and Timm "Quick Whistle" Walsh. Shep calls nothing which allows even more WMU hooking/holding/hits from behind. Walsh makes phantom calls that go against ND. The 3 on Gersich were total head scratchers. The last one on the ND PP on Gersich, wow. The WMU player lets go of his stick to make sure Gersich doesn't go down after having the stick in his skates. What was that called, "slashing"?. Not evern sure what the first two were but all the announcers could say on replay was, "it's in there somewhere".. This ND team does not play quite as physical as many before them, and the opponents are taking advantage of Shep not calling penalties. Saw it against UNO, now again against WMU.

I believe that Timm "Quick Whistle" Walsh has no business reffing hockey games. Let the WCHA have him. Thank God the NCHC didn't hire Marco Hunt. If we went back and reviewed the penalties that were called this past weekend, 85% of them were called by Walsh. He's brutal. In one play he was jawing with a UND player after what I would call a very weak penalty. Walsh would be better off making the call and then moving on. He's just about as bad as Todd Anderson, who has actually improved since joining the NCHC.  

30 minutes ago, Goon said:

I believe that Timm "Quick Whistle" Walsh has no business reffing hockey games. Let the WCHA have him. Thank God the NCHC didn't hire Marco Hunt. If we went back and reviewed the penalties that were called this past weekend, 85% of them were called by Walsh. He's brutal. In one play he was jawing with a UND player after what I would call a very weak penalty. Walsh would be better off making the call and then moving on. He's just about as bad as Todd Anderson, who has actually improved since joining the NCHC.  

So you are saying all the Botox work Anderson has had done has improved his judgement on the ice? 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, burd said:

I have to say I really enjoy the amount of hockey knowledge so many in our fan base bring to this site.   Like all fans, we tend to wear colored glasses, but there is sure a lot of knowledge here. 

We're the Mensa of college hockey fans :D

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 7:59 PM, Houston1852 said:

Was there ever an official explanation as to why the goal review took so long?

I am not going to say that I know this for a fact, but I believe that the overhead camera angle had something to do with it.  I saw the refs motion more than once with their hand in a downward angle.  IMO. that arena should not have the option for review if they are going to keep such a bad angle.