SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (3-2) vs Montana (5-0)

SWSiouxMN

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:39 AM, Teeder11 said:

I was curious about the Tyler dig, too. Very solid player at both schools, who made tough personal decisions based on family matters. 

Tyler was a real tough loss, seemed like a damn decent guard and both a heady player and person.  Yep, from what I understand it was simply a family decision for the move.   

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, UND-1 said:

Sounds like the end of the game was a big enough deal that Jones called out to Montana to smooth it over the next day.  But we were all overstating it.

Perception is reality if someone create an issue I'm sure Jones either knew or was told he had to make a call to smooth it out - whether it actually existed or not. 

Here's what Montana thinks:

Montana coach Travis DeCuire: "We knew going into this game there was going to be some weird adversity. They don’t give us a gym to practice in until 7 when we get in town saying that thier volleyball team has practice, which we know they’re out of season. Then they don’t even look in the eye when we shake hands ... It tells you a little bit about how some programs feel about ours. I’m just proud to be a Griz."

• Downvote 8

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Why are you reposting a quote that is now 4 days old and has already been discussed instead of the comments the Montana coach made yesterday? 

"He (Brian Jones) reached out to us Sunday, he’s been a good sport about everything. He has been very respectful of our program as we are to them. We’re on good terms with North Dakota, we’re fine."

Unless you have some actual background on any of the situation (which you don't), quit trolling.

This^^^^.   Situation has been resolved time to move on.

6 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Why are you reposting a quote that is now 4 days old and has already been discussed instead of the comments the Montana coach made yesterday? 

"He (Brian Jones) reached out to us Sunday, he’s been a good sport about everything. He has been very respectful of our program as we are to them. We’re on good terms with North Dakota, we’re fine."

Unless you have some actual background on any of the situation (which you don't), quit trolling.

The problem is it shouldn't happen to begin with, Jones is a baby, proven by his actions, plain and simple. These situations give our program a black eye. The sooner he's gone the better IMO.

• Upvote 3

Off topic from the game, but I have been trying to access egriz lately because I like to check things out over there beings the rest of our conference fan bases are pretty lame (except maybe MSU) but anyways I cant access it. The only way the website loads is if I use my phone and turn off the wifi. Anyone else have this problem?

7 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Off topic from the game, but I have been trying to access egriz lately because I like to check things out over there beings the rest of our conference fan bases are pretty lame (except maybe MSU) ...........

Weber's board is pretty good if you want to talk hoops....