SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Denver

AZSIOUX

UND swept Michigan State and continued nchc domination over the big ten. Denver had the weekend off after a tie and win at Wisconsin.

Stats  when updated nick and Drake should each be at 21 points in 16/15 games. Boeser 8-8=16 all point per game guys. Stecher next closest 13 in 16 games. Rest is spread out scoring wise.

**UND heads to Denver February 12/13 

**schmaltz leads nation 19 assists. +23 leads nation.

**caggiulia tied 2nd nation goals (11)

**nick and Drake 21 points tied for 4th nation. Leader at 25 points.

**@SchlossmanGF: Caggiula, Schmaltz, Boeser line now has 13 goals and 33 points in the last six games.

UND 12-2-2 --- 5-1-0-0 nchc 

denver 7-3-2 --- 3-0-1-0 nchc 

Edited by AZSIOUX

These are big conference points at stake here.  A sweep puts UND in great position for the second half, but that won't come easy.  

The Pioneers are (at least they should be) our most hated rival in the NCHC.  UND has lost more National Championship banners to this team than any other (3) and that alone should be grounds for finishing every single check.  Keep the hands on those sticks, and the sticks on the ice, stay out of the box, and crash that net early and often.  I'm liking UND for a pair of 4-2 wins, one with an ENG.

One of my favorite rivlaries - always has been and probably always will be.  Gwoz made for some great fodder for the matchup over the years and these two teams always seem to be there at end.

My only hope is that some d-bag doesn't act like a baffoon just before the national anthem this year.

Break out the ugly sweaters - it's Christmas time at The Ralph.

Sounds like DU has a nice balance of depth and experience along with some talented freshmen (so what else is new with them??). Can't wait for the day Montgomery bolts for a HE coaching position-and I mean that as a compliment to him as a coach. 

Gentle warning to those suffering from PTSD related to the nickname change:

Tonight will be the first home hockey game of the new Fighting Hawks era.  Expect to hear and see references to Fighting Hawks inside the Ralph.

Prepare/Medicate yourself as you feel is best.  ;) 

I'd be curious to hear reports of what people see tonight and what/where the references are after tonight's game...

Tonight will be the first home hockey game of the new Fighting Hawks era.  Expect to hear and see references to Fighting Hawks inside the Ralph.

gross

• Upvote 2

Can't wait to hear just how loud they yell Sioux at the end of the anthem. One giant middle finger to the NCAA and that a$$ clown, Kelley.

• Upvote 2

I can tell you at the SCSU series, there were no FH chants from UND fans, it was all Sioux and the "Home of the Sioux" was very loud. I would expect that to be off the charts tonight! At least I hope So.......

• Upvote 2

I will try to paraphrase here, as best I can......  Back in the mid-1800's, a guy named Abraham Lincoln was debating an opponent for a political seat (I don't think it was for the presidency).  Anyway, after the opponent had made some statements about some topic, Lincoln responded with this: "If you have 3 cows and a horse, but let's call the horse a cow, just for the sake of argument.  Then how many cows would you have?"  The opponent responded, "Why I would have 4 cows!"  Lincoln responded,
"No, you would still have 3 cows and a horse......because no matter what you call the horse, it's still always going to be a horse!"

It will always be the "Sioux" to me, no matter what anyone may want to call them!

Let's go SIOUX!

• Upvote 4

I can tell you at the SCSU series, there were no FH chants from UND fans, it was all Sioux and the "Home of the Sioux" was very loud. I would expect that to be off the charts tonight! At least I hope So.......

I would disagree. Definitely heard some Hawk related things and Schlossman's article also referenced it as well, though it was admittedly in the minority. Wouldn't expect anything different, the change will be gradual.