SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Denver

AZSIOUX

I would disagree. Definitely heard some Hawk related things and Schlossman's article also referenced it as well, though it was admittedly in the minority. Wouldn't expect anything different, the change will be gradual.

I wouldnt disagree, just a few rather sarcastic Caws, all real cheers were SIOUX related.

I would disagree. Definitely heard some Hawk related things and Schlossman's article also referenced it as well, though it was admittedly in the minority. Wouldn't expect anything different, the change will be gradual.

there were references in print and the SCSU annoucers said FH. The UND  fans were NOT cheering  fighting Hawks and the National anthem was clearly a resounding  SIOUX!

• Upvote 1

I will try to paraphrase here, as best I can......  Back in the mid-1800's, a guy named Abraham Lincoln was debating an opponent for a political seat (I don't think it was for the presidency).  Anyway, after the opponent had made some statements about some topic, Lincoln responded with this: "If you have 3 cows and a horse, but let's call the horse a cow, just for the sake of argument.  Then how many cows would you have?"  The opponent responded, "Why I would have 4 cows!"  Lincoln responded,
"No, you would still have 3 cows and a horse......because no matter what you call the horse, it's still always going to be a horse!"

It will always be the "Sioux" to me, no matter what anyone may want to call them!

Let's go SIOUX!

I get what you feel, Barn, but I think you are missing Abe's point.  He was basically channeling Shakespeare, whose Juliet said "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

It doesn't matter whether you call them Sioux or Hawks, they are the same hockey team--our team. 

I get what you feel, Barn, but I think you are missing Abe's point.  He was basically channeling Shakespeare, whose Juliet said "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

It doesn't matter whether you call them Sioux or Hawks, they are the same hockey team--our team. 

Burd, I think you missed my point.  My point is just what you said, no matter what you call them, they are our team.  Let's not make "much ado about nothing."  :)

there were references in print and the SCSU annoucers said FH. The UND  fans were NOT cheering  fighting Hawks and the National anthem was clearly a resounding  SIOUX!

Like I said, it was the overwhelming minority, but there were people saying Hawks instead of Sioux. No doubt they were overpowered by those that haven't started to move on and that was expected, but I saw and heard it myself.