SiouxSports.com Forum

LET'S GO DAYTON

geaux_sioux

I don't know. The black eye on the committee is already there and there knockout punch on UND landed Sunday. I'll just enjoy the playoffs, it will finally be fun watching these teams and comparing them to UND and how'd they match up. In the past if you did that it would be cringeworthy. 

How a 6-5 bubble team lands Dayton in the first round is ridiculous.  They covered their butts well by giving WIU an easy match up and a likely win, to justify their selection of WIU.

Coveres their ass is right.  Dayton lost to Drake for crying out loud. 

How a 6-5 bubble team lands Dayton in the first round is ridiculous.  They covered their butts well by giving WIU an easy match up and a likely win, to justify their selection of WIU.

They got Dayton because it is a bus trip. Regionalized like everything else.

They got Dayton because it is a bus trip. Regionalized like everything else.

Regionalization needs to be thrown out. Does it seem to make a difference much in attendance? I know the reasoning is money by busing teams; but it can screw teams over. I rather see a true playoff, best of 1st round vs worst as determined by rankings, etc. I know it is hard with everyone playing different schedules, but still. I'm not a fan of the MVFC but to lump them all on one part of the bracket, similar to what happened to WCHA in hockey plenty of times.

I hope Montana destroys SDSU. They are a different team with Gustafson. 

Dayton somehow pulls off the upset over WIU.

EIU needs to get destroyed.

SUU plays a Sam Houston team who got in by reputation (they beat nobody, but seems they have some great quality losses)

PSU- Go Barney Ball!

where else were they going to play? BUs trips are what they aim for.

The only problem with Dayton winning is it may give the Pioneer League some credibility. The league consistently has 9-10 win teams that don't make it in to the playoffs because of their schedules. That being said, I hope that they beat WIU and then get absolutely waxed by Illinois State.

Other than that, need to cheer on the Big Sky to rack up a couple W's.

The only problem with Dayton winning is it may give the Pioneer League some credibility. The league consistently has 9-10 win teams that don't make it in to the playoffs because of their schedules. That being said, I hope that they beat WIU and then get absolutely waxed by Illinois State.

Other than that, need to cheer on the Big Sky to rack up a couple W's.

This is key.  For years the MVFC only got a couple teams into the tournament and they than raised a fuss about how they were the "best conference" and should get more teams.  I believe that is a big reason WIU got in this year and they put 5 teams in last year.  The Big Sky needs a couple teams to make a run to prove the quality of football being played.  Having some teams go deep into the playoffs or all the way will be a way to petition to get more teams in next season.  

• Upvote 4

This is key.  For years the MVFC only got a couple teams into the tournament and they than raised a fuss about how they were the "best conference" and should get more teams.  I believe that is a big reason WIU got in this year and they put 5 teams in last year.  The Big Sky needs a couple teams to make a run to prove the quality of football being played.  Having some teams go deep into the playoffs or all the way will be a way to petition to get more teams in next season.  

They didn't raise a fuss, they raised the level of play on the field.

I'm not sure if I read it here or somewhere else, but someone pointed out a downside of regionalization for other conferences is it eliminates opportunities to beat MVFC teams.  I agree with that

• Upvote 1

They didn't raise a fuss, they raised the level of play on the field.

I'm not sure if I read it here or somewhere else, but someone pointed out a downside of regionalization for other conferences is it eliminates opportunities to beat MVFC teams.  I agree with that

a couple teams raised the level of play.  Not the entire conference.