SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Playoff Selection Show Thread

cowboys5xsbs

Let's say FCS adopts something that's essentially the Pairwise. Would UND be in? Also how would it count FBS wins/losses?

It would be a lot tougher and more inaccurate not only due to the larger amount of teams in FCS but also because of fewer number of games overall and between teams/conferences and teams playing games out of their division (both up and down). The "comparisons" used in Pairwise would be a couple steps away instead of usually just one in hockey.

Let's say FCS adopts something that's essentially the Pairwise. Would UND be in? Also how would it count FBS wins/losses?

For giggles let's say SRS was the system.  

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/simple-ratings-system

The only at-large that would have changed is Western Carolina in, New Hampshire out.  UND down the list behind UNA, Towson, a few others.  Interestingly, this isn't the first time UNH has defied the numbers in getting selected.  If I were Towson I'd be royally pissed also.  

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=14199098

Furthermore, say they made 7 DI wins a formal requirement and then followed the SRS objectively, Towson and North Dakota get in, New Hampshire and Western Illinois stay home, which seems about right to me.  Not sure how EIU ranks that high in SRS, that still bugs me a bit...

Edited by Shawn-O

I dont expect anyone to take what I say as gospel, just sharing what I was told.

I'm interested to see which type of tough questions will be asked to Wilson on 740 here shortly.  Do they ask about the bracket being decided before UND kicked off?  If so, what is his response?  It's not like there weren't 10 other people there.  The question I have is if anyone would call him out for any untruths?  Too taboo for a committee member to step up?

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the Fullerton/Idaho St AD convo that followed the selection process.

Grab your popcorn...will be interesting to see what transpires, if anything.

I dont expect anyone to take what I say as gospel, just sharing what I was told.

I'm interested to see which type of tough questions will be asked to Wilson on 740 here shortly.  Do they ask about the bracket being decided before UND kicked off?  If so, what is his response?  It's not like there weren't 10 other people there.  The question I have is if anyone would call him out for any untruths?  Too taboo for a committee member to step up?

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the Fullerton/Idaho St AD convo that followed the selection process.

I'm afraid they will spend most of their time talking about NDSU's bracket complaints.

Would love to see/hear it, but I can't see any tough questions asked by Michaels...

Just tuned in & now I remember why I don't listen to local sports radio, these 2 are clueless...