SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Miami - Saturday Gameday

AZSIOUX

Was nice to come back and win, no one I'd rather see that happen to than the cheap hacks from Miami. Not much skill among several of their lines (after the 1st line), but their physicality is mostly two handers to arms and legs. Nice team, Rico.

Was nice to come back and win, no one I'd rather see that happen to than the cheap hacks from Miami. Not much skill among several of their lines (after the 1st line), but their physicality is mostly two handers to arms and legs. Nice team, Rico.

Don't forget elbows, too. They like to lead with the elbows.

Way to get after them Sprig!

Anyone else notice Boeser seemed gassed in the 3rd period - was not hardly moving - his offensive skills are great but seems to lack stamina for other parts of the game

I didn't notice, but I watched the video, and you almost have to be at the rink to evaluate that stuff.  He forechecks aggressively, and on Friday night he made a Trupp-like backcheck play that probably saved a goal.  But, like I say, I wasn't there to watch his play away from the puck.

I didn't notice, but I watched the video, and you almost have to be at the rink to evaluate that stuff.  He forechecks aggressively, and on Friday night he made a Trupp-like backcheck play that probably saved a goal.  But, like I say, I wasn't there to watch his play away from the puck.

Could you imagine if everybody on the team played like Trupp, they would easily have 12 national titles

• Upvote 1

Anyone else notice Boeser seemed gassed in the 3rd period - was not hardly moving - his offensive skills are great but seems to lack stamina for other parts of the game

I didn't notice that he seemed gassed, but I did notice that line had a ton of ice time early in the third.  Not surprising they didn't have much left in the tank the last six minutes, but enough for No 8 to launch that backhander.  

I'd also like to applaud that line for the impressive shift they had in the second where they absolutely dominated play for at least two full minutes in the Hawks end.  Miami looked like they wished there were two pucks so they could have one to play with.  That was a great shift. 

• Upvote 2

Could you imagine if everybody on the team played like Trupp, they would easily have 12 national titles

It would be cool if they could produce pregame videos focusing on one or a couple players for each game.   Trupp night would get the crowd fired up for his night. Diving back-checks, diving goals, rushing up the ice with the puck on his stick.   I miss the guy like I miss Sparky.    

I'd also like to applaud that line for the impressive shift they had in the second where they absolutely dominated play for at least two full minutes in the Hawks end.  Miami looked like they wished there were two pucks so they could have one to play with.  That was a great shift. 

Anyone have a way to post the clip of that shift?
They were raving about it on the chat as well.