SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Minnesota in Las Vegas - October 2018

fargosioux

More tv coverage for this game, at least in MN.

"MidcoSN, which holds the broadcast rights to the game, announced Tuesday that the Comcast, Charter and Mediacom cable systems will carry the game in Minnesota. It will air at 9 p.m. Central Time on Ch. 999 on Comcast, MC22 on Mediacom and on a channel to be determined on Charter. Midco also will broadcast the game."

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-north-dakota-game-in-las-vegas-will-air-on-three-more-cable-outlets-in-minnesota/494931381/

4 hours ago, Siouxperior said:

More tv coverage for this game, at least in MN.

"MidcoSN, which holds the broadcast rights to the game, announced Tuesday that the Comcast, Charter and Mediacom cable systems will carry the game in Minnesota. It will air at 9 p.m. Central Time on Ch. 999 on Comcast, MC22 on Mediacom and on a channel to be determined on Charter. Midco also will broadcast the game."

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-north-dakota-game-in-las-vegas-will-air-on-three-more-cable-outlets-in-minnesota/494931381/

Pretty sure Comcast 999 is an SD channel.  Might have to watch the NCHC.tv feed.

I see that Minnesota shoots twice on the end with the bowl.  Seems odd that UND wouldn't shoot twice on the end with the most fans, as most fans prefer to sit where their team shoots twice.  In fact, I thought I looked  up where the home team shot before I bought my tickets, and I thought that was the end that they did. 

7 hours ago, tnt said:

I see that Minnesota shoots twice on the end with the bowl.  Seems odd that UND wouldn't shoot twice on the end with the most fans, as most fans prefer to sit where their team shoots twice.  In fact, I thought I looked  up where the home team shot before I bought my tickets, and I thought that was the end that they did. 

Where did you see that?  that does seen odd.

Does anyone know if the team will be wearing Fighting Sioux jerseys for this game? Per NCAA rules, the Hall of Fame game is the only contest UND is allowed to do so. (Historic/throwback uniforms allowed) I have a feeling the university is not taking advantage of this as they don’t want to make any “noise” regarding the nickname. However I think this would be a treat for the fans and the current players to experience a real Sioux vs Gophers rivalry. The arena would go nuts if the team came out of the tunnel properly attired! 

3 minutes ago, dustnyou said:

Does anyone know if the team will be wearing Fighting Sioux jerseys for this game? Per NCAA rules, the Hall of Fame game is the only contest UND is allowed to do so. (Historic/throwback uniforms allowed) I have a feeling the university is not taking advantage of this as they don’t want to make any “noise” regarding the nickname. However I think this would be a treat for the fans and the current players to experience a real Sioux vs Gophers rivalry. The arena would go nuts if the team came out of the tunnel properly attired! 

They should pull a D2 and switch uniforms during the 2nd intermission.  Hawks fly together?

21 minutes ago, dustnyou said:

Where in the rules does it state that? As much as I’d enjoy that, i give it about a .01% chance of happening if that’s actually allowed. 

12 minutes ago, und1995 said:

Where in the rules does it state that? As much as I’d enjoy that, i give it about a .01% chance of happening if that’s actually allowed. 

UND is actually wearing specialty jerseys during warm up and selling them off at the arena.

11 hours ago, tnt said:

When the Wranglers played there, road team was on that end.

14 hours ago, und1995 said:

By speciality, any chance they will say sioux?

All I can say is that there is confidentiality contracts signed that prohibit the early release of the jerseys. So I honestly do not know what they will look like. I imagine that they will have some reference to the Sioux nickname.

12 hours ago, omahasioux1 said:

When the Wranglers played there, road team was on that end.

That's what I looked up before I got my tickets.  It seems odd that UND doesn't take the Wrangler's bench.  It surprises me that a lot of venues, especially hockey venues, have no clue where each team shoots twice when they are selling tickets.  I would bet they are asked that question numerous times, at least I ask it or research it before I get my tickets.  Just disappointed this time that UND did the opposite of what the home team does.