SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ CC - Saturday Gameday

AZSIOUX

Clocks got nine seconds left on it, on my screen at least, and the webcast just froze.  I'm guessing they shut it down early because they're mad they lost, just like last night.

You would think they'd be used to losing by now.

It's tough to see this at CC.  Very proud program with a very small enrollment.  They've had some high power offenses in the past.   Must be hard times for CC fans.

I always like going to the Springs.  I'm glad for the win, but I hope they can turn it around. 

If Hrynkiw keeps playing as good as he has, do you take him out of the net if Johnson or Tomek are able to play? Right now, I think Matt is definitely better than Johnson. Tomek is the unknown of course since he hasn't played a game yet.

That's what I'm thinking.  I have more confidence in Hrynkiw right now than I do in Johnson.  

• Upvote 1

Obviously it hasn't been the toughest of competition, but Hrynkiw looks more and more comfortable in each game.  At what point does he pass Cam on the depth charts?

I don't know if you would say he passed anyone, but as long as he's earning his spot by winning you leave him in. 

If Hrynkiw keeps playing as good as he has, do you take him out of the net if Johnson or Tomek are able to play? Right now, I think Matt is definitely better than Johnson. Tomek is the unknown of course since he hasn't played a game yet.

Well, I guess this is deja vu all o9ver again.  As I recall Hak had a similar dilemma.  It is a hood problem to have.  I must say that Matt looks really good right now.  But we have not faced a really offensive team yet, either.

Well, I guess this is deja vu all o9ver again.  As I recall Hak had a similar dilemma.  It is a hood problem to have.  I must say that Matt looks really good right now.  But we have not faced a really offensive team yet, either.

Yeah, just exactly like it is a wait and see how good the team is until they play stiffer competition, I want to see the same from Hrynkiw.  That said, they have both done everything they can do to this point, so the fact they can all be learning as they win is great for a young team with a goalie that is just getting his feet wet at this level. Keep it rolling against Wisconsin.

Edited by tnt

Despite the overall domination by UND, there were brief flashes where CC had some good looks in the slot, particularly tonight, and Hrynku made some tough saves so yah, I think it's his job to lose.

He controlled rebounds well last night and showed some quickness.   With some game-speed development, we might have ourselves another legit goalie.   The real test is ahead, but for me, knowing now what kind of kid this is and seeing how he came back so strong from such a shaky start, I'm really pulling for him.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Went for bed after the second... What happened to the ref?

There was some shoving by players right off a faceoff, and the linesman went down awkwardly.  When he got up, he had trouble putting weight on one leg, and he held that leg up as much as possible.  Rumor in the press box was that it's a knee injury.